1911Forum - View Single Post - Dealing with Taurus customer service
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2018, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Yes I've heard Colt's CS has gone downhill as well in the past year. My most recent CS issue was with CZ which was very disappointing. The only company I've dealt with in recent years that was superlative was SCCY... they replaced a cracked grip frame on my pistol and had it back to me in just 9 days.

Looking closer at these two pistols, they haven't been shot much so they were apparently just test-fired. However the marks all over the outsides show a total lack of care. Neither pistol still had the hang tags on them. I did take some cold blue which has hidden the marks on the steel, but these will be bang-around pistols for sure since there's no point in trying to keep them looking nice (something I do with ALL of my guns, even the cheap ones). That's assuming I'm not further disappointed when I take them to the range. The triggers smoothed up somewhat with an application of lube, but I'm still annoyed because I hand-picked the first two I bought out of several and chose the ones with decent triggers.
Avoid the temptation to replace everything on your brand-new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot at least 500 rounds through it first, then decide what you don't like and want to improve. Regarding vintage 1911s, pre-1970 pistols are highly collectible in original, unaltered condition and should NEVER be refinished or modified as it completely ruins their monetary value.

Last edited by dsk; 06-01-2018 at 06:34 PM.