1911Forum

1911Forum (https://forums.1911forum.com/index.php)
-   STI/SVI (https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Pics of new/updated models from STI (https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=1004948)

doublet 12-02-2019 07:28 PM

Pics of new/updated models from STI
 
Saw this on Instagram and had to share.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5k8zCQp...on_share_sheet

Hawkeye fan 12-02-2019 07:35 PM

Very nice.

adian 12-02-2019 07:42 PM

Nice. Think I like the current length of the Staccato P a bit better than the new one at .5Ē longer. I can AIWB my current Staccato P with a light and itís comfortable, and longer and with a light I donít think it would work.

The new version of the DVCP slide cuts look good


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Descartian 12-02-2019 07:45 PM

Iím a little disappointed to see a full size 2011 grip on their DVC-C replacement. I was hoping they would come out with a 113mm grip or at least use their 120mm grip.

bbp1 12-02-2019 08:52 PM

Premium dealers were able to place orders today. Looks like some good be offerings available. We aren't supposed to share details yet but looks like someone leaked pictures.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

arbninftry 12-02-2019 11:48 PM

If one of those photos was a Staccato C Carry or a Double stack Staccato C, my credit card will hate me.

Descartian 12-03-2019 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arbninftry (Post 13001034)
If one of those photos was a Staccato C Carry or a Double stack Staccato C, my credit card will hate me.

It was. It says Staccato-C2 on the frame and you can further tell itís a doublestack by the location of the grip/frame screw on the front of the trigger guard.

And upon further review it does have a shorter grip on it. One that looks like you can add a magwell on it unlike the current t 120mm carry grip.

arbninftry 12-03-2019 02:24 AM

Yes thatís good
But damn thatís going to hurt
But damn thatís good

ken_mays 12-03-2019 10:29 PM

I'm glad they seem to be using a real molded grippy texture on the polymer grips now. I wasn't real fond of the corncob look.

SW CQB 45 12-03-2019 11:02 PM

Now if Safariland would get off their butt for a duty holster.

DRM813 12-04-2019 08:25 AM

The double stack c is one that I hoped they would come out with this year. I cannot wait to get my hands on one as an off duty/backup gun.

arbninftry 12-08-2019 10:16 PM

Rainer Arms has the new models posted. They are in an out of stock status, but they are there.

arbninftry 12-09-2019 01:02 AM

https://www.rainierarms.com/complete...rnational/?p=1

Here is the link

rangertrace 12-09-2019 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken_mays (Post 13001768)
I'm glad they seem to be using a real molded grippy texture on the polymer grips now. I wasn't real fond of the corncob look.

I agree, but we are the few.....

glock20man 12-11-2019 07:20 PM

Rented a gen1 "P" and got to handle a gen2 "P" yesterday. Have to admit, I dig the looks of the gen1, but the gen2 and the changes made were well thought out and practical.

Ytown1911 12-11-2019 10:44 PM

How was the grip on the Gen 2 P? It is supposed to be a but slimmer and less bulky overall

glock20man 12-12-2019 04:33 PM

I watched part of the STI fb video on the g2 and all of the changes made sense when they were explained. The best way I can describe it is that it feels more refined, like it had been customized.

glock20man 12-24-2019 09:02 PM

Shot the G2 P the other day. All I can say is WOW! In my opinion the G2 grip knocks the socks off of the G1 grip in practical application. Still dig the looks of the G1, but as far as shooting, the G2 is where it is at. Looking forward to finding a C2 to try so I can make the decision between the P and the C2.

adian 12-24-2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by glock20man (Post 13018864)
Shot the G2 P the other day. All I can say is WOW! In my opinion the G2 grip knocks the socks off of the G1 grip in practical application. Still dig the looks of the G1, but as far as shooting, the G2 is where it is at. Looking forward to finding a C2 to try so I can make the decision between the P and the C2.



Good to know! I was thinking to change my Staccato P to the new grip. Now just have to watch for them to be for sale somewhere


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chowser 12-28-2019 06:16 PM

*sigh*

can someone in the know post pics of the C2 next to a P? or what's the height? I can see barrel length specs online so I can measure.

I'm carrying the P off duty now, but if the C2 is a little smaller, I'll probably buy it. Looks like the mags are compatible so I won't need to order new mags, but I will anyway :)

bwswanson 12-28-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chowser (Post 13022164)
*sigh*

can someone in the know post pics of the C2 next to a P? or what's the height? I can see barrel length specs online so I can measure.

I'm carrying the P off duty now, but if the C2 is a little smaller, I'll probably buy it. Looks like the mags are compatible so I won't need to order new mags, but I will anyway :)



The C2 has a 3.9 barrel and the grip is 120mm compared to the 126 of the P. Itís a little bit smaller but not a lot especially if you removed the magwell on your P. I assuming itís Gen 1.

Chowser 12-28-2019 10:10 PM

yeah my P is gen1. I might remove the magwell to see if that works better for me. Do I need a shorter pin when I remove the magwell?

bwswanson 12-28-2019 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chowser (Post 13022340)
yeah my P is gen1. I might remove the magwell to see if that works better for me. Do I need a shorter pin when I remove the magwell?



Sorry I donít know.

bbp1 12-28-2019 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chowser (Post 13022340)
yeah my P is gen1. I might remove the magwell to see if that works better for me. Do I need a shorter pin when I remove the magwell?

Yes, you will need a shorter pin.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

Chowser 01-01-2020 11:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My shorter pin will be here tomorrow.

Also Buck should be sending me the updated list and order form soon so I can order my C2.

And here I was not planning to buy any guns this year so I can concentrate on cars and lightsabers. *sigh*


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:17 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved