1911Forum

1911Forum (https://forums.1911forum.com/index.php)
-   Range Reports (https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   SIG 365 SAS range report (https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=1003564)

WaterDR 11-10-2019 07:15 AM

SIG 365 SAS range report

Picked mine up this week.../put some rounds through it.

Love the gun. Sights take a bit to get used to, but intuitive. Very easy to shoot this gun. Very easy to hit center of mass with it and to do so quickly.

Love the ports....I know they are controversial. But they really do work.

Compared to the standard 365, I think you give up some precision but in return, get speed.

I could pump the trigger as fast as I could and at 15 ft, every single round was center of mass. Maybe that’s not a big deal.....but just trying to make the point that I think the SAS is perfect for what it was designed to do.

The slide release/lock sucks. Works as a lock. But it’s not an issue for me.

Those that buy this gun and complain about the sights, slide release, and ports, then don’t buy it. Otherwise it’s akin to buying a corvette and complaining about the back seat.

So far, really happy with the gun.

hardluk1 11-10-2019 09:09 AM

Well tell the results using a shot timer with your sas and a standard p365 or move out to 50 feet and try again . OR see how well the sas sight works at night when its dark enought to need a gun light or handheld and see how the sas sights work compared to any ole standard sight . I tried one at out lgs with the owner . Went into a storage room , no lights . Hand held light turned on as older LE would have used and the ft bullseye sight was not visible . Only a slide top . Anyhow good luck .

To many of todays shooters think of the slide hold open / lock is a release and complain when it does not work well specially when there small tight to the frame/slide and thin sheet metal ! If they learn to practice a Tap Rap Bang drill they would be better off . I'm surprised how many people that carry have no idea what the tap rack bang drill even is or how it works . Only time I ever used a hold open to release a slide was in matches years ago .

dsk 11-10-2019 12:51 PM

The P365 SAS is a niche market gun. Not to everyone's taste, but hey more tools for the toolbox.

Striker2237 11-10-2019 04:11 PM

If the ports were offered on the standard gun with an optic cut I would be much more interested. Handled well when I shot it but nothing mind blowing since it's still a small gun

WaterDR 11-10-2019 06:22 PM

That would be a cool idea!

However....I think the sights can be removed and an optic installed. Not sure.

WaterDR 11-25-2019 03:49 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Here is my gun. Had the barrel and slide TiN coated.