1911Forum

1911Forum (https://forums.1911forum.com/index.php)
-   Second Amendment News ONLY (https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Several stars demand movie studios stop backing NRA-supported politicians (https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=1008852)

Old Grey Hare 01-30-2020 07:21 PM

Several stars demand movie studios stop backing NRA-supported politicians

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/sta...ed-politicians

The attacks continue. We need money, people. MONEY. Cash-ola. Tons of it. We need to fight them using their own dirty tricks.

It's enough to drive a man to drink, honestly!

We need the NRA, GOA and all the others to start punching hard and fighting dirtier, nastier, than the other guy..

LW McVay 01-30-2020 07:27 PM

Bunch of has beens and no-namers.

USMM guy 01-30-2020 07:35 PM

Yea Rosie O'donnell, now there is a real A lister there.

I guess that if your career is flagging, anything to get attention. :hrm:

Too bad about Daryl Hannah though. She definitely had a certain appeal. Hung around JFK junior too much I guess. :barf:

PolymerMan 01-30-2020 07:40 PM

With all the gratuitous violence in Hollywood movies, you really must wonder who is more dangerous to the impressionable youth; the Hollyweird types with their killer-slasher flicks and shoot-em-up gangsta movies, or an organization dedicated to teaching gun safety and proper firearms handling?

dsk 01-30-2020 07:41 PM

Not one of the names surprises me as they're all well-known anti-gun people, including Daryl Hannah. Somebody needs to make up a Go Pound Sand award and present it to them.

Old Grey Hare 01-30-2020 07:43 PM

Problem is that you and you and you and I are all rational people, but a large chunk of the USA right now isn't -- and are susceptible to this kind of trick.

Bloomberg has something antigun for the superbowl, too. I hope it's tone-deaf and face-plants right at the start.

Piranha451 01-30-2020 07:56 PM

The article noted 'several a-list' celebrities. However, those names I do recognize I do not believe are considered A-listers anymore as they have not done anything worth noting in quite some time. They are more like has-beens and the names I do not recognize, which is the major majority, probably do not have any pull whatsoever.

dsk 01-30-2020 08:36 PM

The threat is pretty obvious: back the liberal-progressive agenda or else. I'll bet if those same studios were to agree, but also qualify it with a refusal to support any politicians who support the killing of unborn children these celebrities would have a massive conniption fit.

Frank Vaccaro 01-30-2020 09:16 PM

Let's see, when's the last time someone who spends his/her own life pretending to be someone else's opinion mattered to me?

Maybe the studios should tell them to go make their movies in an alley.

Phreddie30.06 01-30-2020 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Vaccaro (Post 13053192)
Let's see, when's the last time someone who spends his/her own life pretending to be someone else's opinion mattered to me?

Maybe the studios should tell them to go make their movies in an alley.

If the studios listen to them we can boycott their movies. I'm boycotting the idiots who sent that letter now.

The War Wagon 01-30-2020 09:44 PM

https://i.ibb.co/DYm9Jtv/grumpy2.jpg

SpringerXD 01-30-2020 09:47 PM

With every passing year I grow more contemptuous of "celebrities" and I especially get more angered with these "experts," who are surrounded by an army of security guards with GUNS, telling us all exactly what will make us all safer. It boils down to, "turn in your guns."

Andyk 01-30-2020 10:26 PM

What no David Hogg?

Nitro.45 01-31-2020 06:53 AM

He wouldnít qualify for a B rated at Chernobyl.....

Nitro.45 01-31-2020 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PolymerMan (Post 13053088)
With all the gratuitous violence in Hollywood movies, you really must wonder who is more dangerous to the impressionable youth; the Hollyweird types with their killer-slasher flicks and shoot-em-up gangsta movies, or an organization dedicated to teaching gun safety and proper firearms handling?

While at the same time...dozens of extremely violent video games continue to be produced. They capture the minds of our youth for hours on end......but itís OK, an XBox doesnít bleed.....gimme a break.

Jolly Rogers 01-31-2020 07:13 AM

When will those in the industry put their bank balance on the line and refuse jobs in action productions due to their anti gun positions...?
Wait for it...

Joe

JB6464 01-31-2020 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dsk (Post 13053094)
Somebody needs to make up a Go Pound Sand award .

LOL , that's a good one , I have to remember that line .
:biglaugh::biglaugh:

yeti 01-31-2020 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jolly Rogers (Post 13053420)
When will those in the industry put their bank balance on the line and refuse jobs in action productions due to their anti gun positions...?
Wait for it...

Joe

Oh yes that will be the day! Hollyweird hypocrisy is unending.

These are the same B list celebs that spew anti rhetoric all the time. The press release just gets gobbled up and regurgitated out by the media as some serious event.
Support NRA, GOA, 2AF, etc to keep up the fight.

drail 01-31-2020 07:58 AM

I don't think the problem is the opinions of the movie stars as much as it is the media who keep ramming it down our throats. I couldn't care less what some actor thinks about anything.

scubadad 01-31-2020 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro.45 (Post 13053398)
While at the same time...dozens of extremely violent video games continue to be produced. They capture the minds of our youth for hours on end......but itís OK, an XBox doesnít bleed.....gimme a break.

I see both sides of the video game issue. My son played all those games but I also taught him to shoot and respect firearms at age 10. He is a grown up productive member of society. He learned that if he hangs with dad he can shoot the real thing and the games were lame.

When video games become the electronic baby sitter because parents are too busy to spend time with their kids then you see the problems.

PolymerMan 01-31-2020 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nitro.45 (Post 13053398)

What is truly troubling is the kind of money that Hollywood and the media celebrity crowd make off of depicting gun violence... actually any kind of violence, including the slasher films.

Then they turn around and attack the NRA and gun owners for a responsible gun ownership, and the principle organization that certifies gun safety instructors and their courses.

We have a growing number of drive-by shootings here in South Florida where teens are killing teens just because someone insulted someone, over a girl, or drugs, or just because they want to.

That kind of violence isn't taught and promoted by the NRA, its taught, idolized and promoted by the media types involved in movies, video games and the music industry... especially this last generation of gansta rap music thugs where they enshrine killing cops and rivals.

Where is the outcry there??

Plaidad 01-31-2020 02:35 PM

I'm sure that Rosie O. would turn down a million dollar part in a movie with Oscar potential based on her anti gun violence beliefs. Wait, was that a pig I just saw fly by?

Aklon 01-31-2020 08:11 PM

So the Hollywood idiots don't like guns? How about they refrain from making any movies that have guns in them?

Newtm 01-31-2020 08:29 PM

I vote with my pocket book! I can't remember the last movie I saw. :rolleyes:

Newt

dsk 01-31-2020 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scubadad (Post 13053490)
I see both sides of the video game issue. My son played all those games but I also taught him to shoot and respect firearms at age 10. He is a grown up productive member of society. He learned that if he hangs with dad he can shoot the real thing and the games were lame.

When video games become the electronic baby sitter because parents are too busy to spend time with their kids then you see the problems.

I agree. I played with toy guns as a kid and played violent video games as a teen, yet I never grew into a monster with no compassion for human life. The reason was because I had PARENTS. By parents I mean two people who watched over me, scolded me when I did wrong, and praised me when I did right. Some baby-making machine who gives their kid a game controller and tells them to leave mommy alone for the rest of the afternoon is NOT a "parent".