1911Forum

1911Forum (https://forums.1911forum.com/index.php)
-   Other 1911's (https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Anyone with a triarc 2011? (https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=1001990)

jmb501 10-16-2019 07:35 AM

Anyone with a triarc 2011?

Anyone own a triarc 2011? Looking for thoughts/reviews on one of these ....especially compared to sti.

yeti 10-16-2019 08:47 AM

Looks like an STI build with many aftermarket parts used by USPSA shooters. Looks good. Don't know much about Triarc, but if you want a pre-packaged "customized" 2011 it seems like a viable option.

I think customized is personal so I'd rather do that myself and pick what i prefer.

AlchemyCustom 10-16-2019 09:31 AM

Our sales rep has one and raves about it.

jmb501 10-16-2019 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlchemyCustom (Post 12964672)
Our sales rep has one and raves about it.

Man I was so hoping you were going to chime in.....

I come from a long line of SACS guns and am thinking of pulling the trigger on one in 9MM commander/with rail.

AlchemyCustom 10-16-2019 04:43 PM

Our sales rep has the full size with the full length dust cover and loves it. He also has a friend that has the one you are shopping for. Neither of them have had an issue with their guns other than the mags. They come with STI mags and he's had several occasions where he's dropped mags and the takedown pin in the floor plate hits a rock and the mag flies apart. He recommends either not doing that or getting some MDX mags. Me personally...I don't drop a $50 mag in gravel. (just a simple rule I follow, like avoiding driving my Hellcat in a snowstorm)

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmb501 (Post 12964772)
Man I was so hoping you were going to chime in.....

I come from a long line of SACS guns and am thinking of pulling the trigger on one in 9MM commander/with rail.

jmb501 10-16-2019 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlchemyCustom (Post 12964920)
Our sales rep has the full size with the full length dust cover and loves it. He also has a friend that has the one you are shopping for. Neither of them have had an issue with their guns other than the mags. They come with STI mags and he's had several occasions where he's dropped mags and the takedown pin in the floor plate hits a rock and the mag flies apart. He recommends either not doing that or getting some MDX mags. Me personally...I don't drop a $50 mag in gravel. (just a simple rule I follow, like avoiding driving my Hellcat in a snowstorm)

Thanks for the info....I am curious as to whether the barrels are hand fit or drop in?...aside from that they look good and will prob. Be my next gun/10 year weeding gift from the wife....since I canít get a railed 9MM commander from Alchemy......:bawling:

Hawkeye fan 10-17-2019 02:23 PM

I was interested in their Tri-11 commander with the slide milled for the RMR mounting plate. However, I ended up passing on Tri-11 since I couldn’t justify spending close to an extra thousand dollars on the gun when the STI Staccato P DOU met my needs.

Now, maybe if I’d found one in person at a gun store to hold in my hands to check out or if I had found an actual review of them and not just cool pictures online I could see why they’re a thousand dollars more.

ken_mays 11-05-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmb501 (Post 12964970)
Thanks for the info....I am curious as to whether the barrels are hand fit or drop in?...aside from that they look good and will prob. Be my next gun/10 year weeding gift from the wife....since I canít get a railed 9MM commander from Alchemy......:bawling:

I've inspected several Triarc 2011s fairly closely but wasn't able to take them apart. The barrels are not Baer or SA Pro hard fit but they are not "production loose" either. The barrel fit seemed comparable to that of Infinity or other premium 1911 shops, no slop but not "dear God will this thing ever come out of battery" tight.

I love the look of their guns and would enjoy having one, but that's a lot of coin for me to drop on something that has so little feedback floating around out there.

jmb501 11-08-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ken_mays (Post 12979780)
I've inspected several Triarc 2011s fairly closely but wasn't able to take them apart. The barrels are not Baer or SA Pro hard fit but they are not "production loose" either. The barrel fit seemed comparable to that of Infinity or other premium 1911 shops, no slop but not "dear God will this thing ever come out of battery" tight.

I love the look of their guns and would enjoy having one, but that's a lot of coin for me to drop on something that has so little feedback floating around out there.

Thanks for the input....Iím kinda thinking the same thing....Iím use to my SACS guns and the great fit/finish that comes along with them...so I donít want to be disappointed if I drop that kind of cash and itís not up to par.