1911Forum

1911Forum (https://forums.1911forum.com/index.php)
-   Second Amendment News ONLY (https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Virginia counties to secede? (https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=1008378)

jamiesaun 01-24-2020 11:27 AM

Virginia counties to secede?

Super interesting idea. Doubt it would actually happen, but we can hope.

Then there's the other side, saying maybe this would be giving up, and perhaps they're right. I haven't made up my mind yet.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wes...es-gun-control

toodeepsam 01-24-2020 11:53 AM

Secession is a strong word. It violates the ideals and possibly some laws of this nation.

But, when your government becomes your opponent, and your opponent changes the rules constantly to benefit his game plan, well, I believe the gander as well may benefit from that which has been bestowed upon the goose.

Elections have consequences, but so do actions.
The government should think before they act.

Jolly Rogers 01-24-2020 12:09 PM

When West Virginia was created from western counties of Virginia, provisions were made to allow certain counties to vote to join WV or remain Virginia counties. The Virginia county surrounding Winchester, Fredrick county, never voted. Thus Fredrick county can legally join WV if the vote is taken and passes.
West Virginia has always been happy to welcome Fredrick to the State.
Joe

Colt191145 01-24-2020 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamiesaun (Post 13047108)
Super interesting idea. Doubt it would actually happen, but we can hope.

Then there's the other side, saying maybe this would be giving up, and perhaps they're right. I haven't made up my mind yet.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wes...es-gun-control

Secession happened before, don't think for one second that it can't happen again 170 years later.

jamiesaun 01-24-2020 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt191145 (Post 13047134)
Succession happened before, don't think for one second that it can't happen again 170 years later.

Agreed

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

shooter59 01-24-2020 02:49 PM

JMO.....but today’s a lot different than 170 years ago.

New governments are stupid expensive. Additionally, everyone is tied to too much fed money.

No one wants to go it alone once they see the price tag.

jjfitch 01-24-2020 02:56 PM

The heading needs to be fixed...no thanks to spell check!

The political hacks in VA don't understand the rich history surrounding individual rights, the Constitution and the 2A. And the sleeping dog they are about to wake up!

Important Founding Fathers from VA include G. Washington, T. Jefferson and G. Mason.

If these guys sound familiar but their involvement escapes you please take the time to read their biographies. These will open the doors to an adventure you won't regret and ground you in the love of country and freedom that we should all embrace!

All the best in 2020,

USMM guy 01-24-2020 04:21 PM

When we succeed in driving these aparatchiks out.

And back under the rocks from where they came. Then we should consider that we are at least somewhat successful in our campaign for righteousness. At that point It will no longer be necessary for us to consider secession.

MAG-63 01-24-2020 06:13 PM

"Succeed" in what?

Old Grey Hare 01-24-2020 07:38 PM

Been thinking on this subject for a while. We all think -- in varying degrees -- that a civil war is likely unavoidable unless a mass outbreak of common sense happens soon.

If there is one, I'm not quite sure it would be states abandoning the Union to establish a new Confederacy... the way I see, it, the Union could choose to eject the miscreant states proactively.

What I"m getting at is, I don't want the Stars and Bars to be the symbol of the Right. I want it to be the Stars and Stripes -- because that's the flag that we earned the last time we had to eject tyrants from these shores.

Symbols will matter. I refuse to have the Left take Old Glory. **** no.

FNHipowerluv 01-24-2020 08:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Old Grey Hare (Post 13047428)
Been thinking on this subject for a while. We all think -- in varying degrees -- that a civil war is likely unavoidable unless a mass outbreak of common sense happens soon.

If there is one, I'm not quite sure it would be states abandoning the Union to establish a new Confederacy... the way I see, it, the Union could choose to eject the miscreant states proactively.

What I"m getting at is, I don't want the Stars and Bars to be the symbol of the Right. I want it to be the Stars and Stripes -- because that's the flag that we earned the last time we had to eject tyrants from these shores.

Symbols will matter. I refuse to have the Left take Old Glory. **** no.

I agree. The old Confederacy was created by angry Democrats that didn't approve of the concept of freedom for every man. Today's Democrats are the same, whether they realize it or not. The condition of inner-cities today should be a clear indicator of how much they really care about the descendants of the slaves their own party tried to prevent from being free.

The left should form their own nation, with their own inclusive flag. It could be the democracy they've always dreamed of. We could keep being the land of the free, and fly the stars and stripes with pride.

LW McVay 01-24-2020 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAG-63 (Post 13047338)
"Succeed" in what?

:confused:

brickeyee 01-25-2020 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Colt191145 (Post 13047134)
Secession happened before, don't think for one second that it can't happen again 170 years later.

The Dumbs are trying to start Civil War II.
Guess they want to try again.

No Expert 01-25-2020 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FNHipowerluv (Post 13047512)
The left should form their own nation, with their own inclusive flag. It could be the democracy they've always dreamed of. We could keep being the land of the free, and fly the stars and stripes with pride.

A flag with a big boot stomping on the subjects in chains!

mdellis49 01-25-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LW McVay (Post 13047578)
:confused:

I spit coffee across the LR laughing so hard:biglaugh::biglaugh:

USMM guy 01-25-2020 08:03 PM

These worshippers of all that is evil.

They do not have the sand to cross the Rubicon.

HT77 01-29-2020 08:53 AM

The sanctuary movement has spread to other states although it's still mostly symbolic. What these counties next need to do is show real unity and form an alliance of some sort with a strong single statement of what they believe and what they will do to protect the Constitution.

Ranger566 01-29-2020 09:23 AM

***Nice of the WVA Governor to welcome Virginians, and anyone else, to move to his great state. Not very practical for most, but hey.....

***IIRC, the voter turn-out percentage for the recent election in Virginia was 40%.

*** Instead of trying to circumvent the obvious, let's keep it as simple as possible.

***CONCERNED VIRGINIANS, ON NOVEMBER 20th, GO VOTE FOR A CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATE. ALL OF YOU!!!!! STOP MAKING EXCUSES....GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND GO VOTE!!!! :rock: (and to the Virginia GOP--- make sure that b4 the election there are qualified Conservatives on the ballots to vote for.....DUH.)

***And if you don't, reap what you sow. Again.

Game---set---match.

un lupus 01-29-2020 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ranger566 (Post 13051438)
***Nice of the WVA Governor to welcome Virginians, and anyone else, to move to his great state. Not very practical for most, but hey.....

***IIRC, the voter turn-out percentage for the recent election in Virginia was 40%.

*** Instead of trying to circumvent the obvious, let's keep it as simple as possible.

***CONCERNED VIRGINIANS, ON NOVEMBER 20th, GO VOTE FOR A CONSERVATIVE CANDIDATE. ALL OF YOU!!!!! STOP MAKING EXCUSES....GET OFF YOUR BUTT AND GO VOTE!!!! :rock: (and to the Virginia GOP--- make sure that b4 the election there are qualified Conservatives on the ballots to vote for.....DUH.)

***And if you don't, reap what you sow. Again.

Game---set---match.

^^^^^Agreed^^^^^^
When 60% of the people stayed home they wrote their own epitaph .
Enter Michael Bloomberg and his bag of money to buy the election , almost everyone saw it coming and yet the voters did what they almost always do in Va. . nothing...
The Governor of Va. is and has been an idiot , yet still gets re-elected , Northam has been a dupe for Bloomberg all along .
I wonder when all the free thinking Virginians will make consequences count?

USMM guy 01-29-2020 01:07 PM

Sorry, but no Governor of the state of Virginia has ever been re-elected.

Quote:

Originally Posted by un lupus (Post 13051538)
^^^^^Agreed^^^^^^
When 60% of the people stayed home they wrote their own epitaph .
Enter Michael Bloomberg and his bag of money to buy the election , almost everyone saw it coming and yet the voters did what they almost always do in Va. . nothing...
The Governor of Va. is and has been an idiot , yet still gets re-elected , Northam has been a dupe for Bloomberg all along .
I wonder when all the free thinking Virginians will make consequences count?

The state constitution limits governors to one term.

7.62Kolectr 01-29-2020 03:35 PM

It all started with simple talk the first time.

un lupus 01-29-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by USMM guy (Post 13051592)
The state constitution limits governors to one term.

You are correct , my bad .
But it's a bit hard for me to tell the difference between the last four or five knuckleheads that run that crap hole .
If a Republican ever gets to the Gov's Mansion there the GOP aught to at least pay to fumigate the place and spray some smell good in the joint to get the smell out.

Northam was the Lt. governor I believe ?

jtbull46 01-29-2020 09:30 PM

As some in the south say. "At first you dont secede try try again"

Big Pete10 01-30-2020 06:18 PM

Last time we tried to secede Lincoln tried to kill all of us and then we were under carpet bagger rule, still are to a certain extent.

USMM guy 01-30-2020 06:26 PM

Lincoln was dead six days after Appomattox.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Pete10 (Post 13053022)
Last time we tried to secede Lincoln tried to kill all of us and then we were under carpet bagger rule, still are to a certain extent.

General Sherman and a bunch of other war criminals are responsible for the lions share of debauchery. And it was secretary Staunton that largely was responsible for the totally corrupt reconstruction practices. It can be argued that ill advised reconstruction policies that inevitably led to Jim crow. That this caused far more destruction to the Southern states than the actual war did. 6-700,000 dead souls notwithstanding.