1911Forum

1911Forum (https://forums.1911forum.com/index.php)
-   Site Questions & Suggestions (https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Quoting a members comment in thread (https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=1003292)

SXK 11-05-2019 05:53 PM

Quoting a members comment in thread

I'm sure this has been asked and answered multiple times, and I've scrolled through looking for the answer without success. Admittedly I'm new to the forum, and far from the most computer savvy person around.

The question. When having a conversation with members within a specific thread, how do you quote a members comment to respond directly to thier question or statement?

Thanks in advance!

apipeguy 11-05-2019 06:05 PM

Hit the little blue quote box in the lower right corner of their post.

SXK 11-05-2019 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apipeguy (Post 12979832)

Thank you, sir!

guy sajer 11-05-2019 08:25 PM

But please don't use the red triangle with asterisk inside ,,, except to send an emergency notice to the forum staff .

RetiredRod 11-06-2019 07:14 AM

The box immediately to the right of the quote box is for when you want to multi-quote. Meaning there are two (or more) posts that you want to quote in your response.

The method is to use the "multi-quote" first for as many posts as you want quoted, minus one, and then use "quote" on the last one.

One more tip - you don't have to quote a complete post. Before you hit "reply" for your post, you can edit the quoted posts by bolding, or underlining the important parts and deleting the extraneous portions. Also, if you're quoting a post with pictures in it, unless the photos are important to your comments, please delete the photos in your reply. It makes reading your reply easier & quicker.

SXK 11-06-2019 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RetiredRod (Post 12980200)
The box immediately to the right of the quote box is for when you want to multi-quote. Meaning there are two (or more) posts that you want to quote in your response.

The method is to use the "multi-quote" first for as many posts as you want quoted, minus one, and then use "quote" on the last one.

One more tip - you don't have to quote a complete post. Before you hit "reply" for your post, you can edit the quoted posts by bolding, or underlining the important parts and deleting the extraneous portions. Also, if you're quoting a post with pictures in it, unless the photos are important to your comments, please delete the photos in your reply. It makes reading your reply easier & quicker.

This was a very helpful piece of instruction. Thank you! I've save it to my notes to look back at if needed in the future.

wcalcutt 01-26-2020 03:55 PM

I'm seeing if it works.

wcalcutt 01-26-2020 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by apipeguy (Post 12979832)

I'll try it again.

wcalcutt 01-26-2020 04:00 PM

Okay, got it. Thanks.

STORM2 01-26-2020 05:24 PM

Never show a pilot a red button/knob/lever/handle or switch! We will eventually just have to try it out!