1911Forum banner

hate to say it.....but

3K views 20 replies 21 participants last post by  DARKEHORSE 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
i let my kimber go, going back to a junky --- glock........anyone else made this move? i went back because the raptor pro was just so heavy, i found myself having issues concealing it without an iwb holster........let the bashing begin, please dont go easy on me.....i get it!

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
No bashing from me I looked at that glock before I purchased my first kimber. Now you know, go get a kimber. I have made worse mistakes but we won't go there. Let us know when you get one.

Thanks Kevin

#6 ·
Can't (legally) carry here in NJ, but I wouldn't consider a Glock to be that light a weight of a firearm. :hrm:

I know it pulls the he** out of a jeans jacket front pocket when attempting to carry it in a Nemesis holster. :eek:

#7 ·
I have carried a Sig P220, a Kimber TLE, an H&K P2000, a Glock 22 and a Glock 21 in a variety of holsters. To be honset, my Glock 22 with Meprolight Night Sights in a Galco King Tuk IWB holster is typically what I carry now. A loose T-Shirt covers it nicely and with just one spare mag on my belt, I have 31 rounds at my disposal. And it's a great shooter. What's not to like about that?

#10 ·
For me nothing carries more comfortably than a 1911, except maybe a Kahr or something of the sort. I am not opposed to plastic guns--I own several XD's, etc, bu their blocky nature makes them much less comfortable for carry imo. But I always say carry what works for you.

#13 · (Edited)
Love 1911's for shooting and shooting often. For defense though, Glock 27 11+1 for the last 15 years. I can take it out on the boat and then rinse it with fresh water if I wanted to. Not that I do :). They are indestructible and will always work as long as you keep the springs fresh. The are all about mag and recoil springs - and that is about it. Great pistols. After my 20-gauge with #4 buck my Glock 27 is my house gun. And if it should come to pass, I wont lose my prized 1911s to the authorities:).

Best,

JAS

#16 ·
There is nothing wrong with using a Glock.... I have carried one for years and still own a G23 but right now i have been carrying my Rock Island 1911 because i love it and the Kingtuk i carry it in holds it comfortably

#20 ·
I have to say, I carry my Kahr PM9 much more than my CDP Ultra, especially this time of year. I sold my M&P 9c to get the CDP and the CDP is roughly the same size as the M&P 9c, with the exception of the thickness.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.