1911Forum

1911Forum (https://forums.1911forum.com/index.php)
-   Range Reports (https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   CZ TSO.....Holy Crap!!!! (https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=984148)

TRSOtto 02-09-2019 02:47 PM

CZ TSO.....Holy Crap!!!!
 
Finally took the TSO to the range yesterday. Holy Crap!!!!! This gun is absolutely phenomenal!!! Here are my initial thoughts after the first 200 rounds of Federal 115 gr stuff.

1. Recoil is negligible. It's a heavy gun with a full length dust cover. Add in a 20 round capacity and there is a lot of weight there. The grip is higher than any 1911 and the feeling upon firing is literally just the slide running back and forth. Muzzle flip is minimal. Part of that is due to the gas pedal and using it to keep the muzzle under further control. The only other gun that comes close in this respect is a Baer Mono Heavyweight in 9mm.....and its STILL not close.

2. The trigger is simply amazing. It's so good, that the other pistol I was shooting, a full size Ed Brown 1911 in 9mm, felt like it had a 10 lb trigger. I never had an incident when the gun went off when I didn't want it to. In other words...the trigger isn't dangerous. What it is ....is perfect. Just lay your finger in the trigger guard, take up the slack, perform a final sight alignment and touch off the shot. The round will go where you want it to go. The reset is about the same as a 1911....certainly no worse.
Just a very short very positive "click". Wilson Combat, Baer, Brown, Nighthawk.....none of them make a 1911 trigger this good.

3. Accuracy is just as amazing. If you can see well enough, you can literally put round after round into the same hole at 10 yds....and at the end of a 20 round magazine, the hole diameter is still .355. Off a rest, I shot 1" diameter groups time after time at 25 yds. I'm certain that it will do better under better light conditions. The only other gun I have that's as accurate is my custom Colt built by Alchemy. I'm really looking forward to warmer weather and wring this gun out at 100 yds.

4. The position and operation of the thumb safet sucks. It's too high and too far forward and anyone with a normal shaped paw can't easily manipulate the safety. Flipping it off is easy. Flipping it on is ridiculously difficult and shouldn't be that way.

In summary, I own 31 1911's.....this gun is so fricking good.....its got me thinking as to whether I can in good conscience, buy another.

toofew1911s 02-09-2019 03:08 PM

Oh great - that is what I wanted to hear. I wanted one already without your range report and based on your current experience, I won't sleep...I won't eat....I probably will become antisocial and an outcast until I find one. Fortunately, someone will probably chime in that theirs is good but not THAT good, so I will at least be able to eat something.

YVK 02-09-2019 03:46 PM

That's par for the course for a TSO evaluation, from recoil to trigger to accuracy to thumb safety issues. I know that people have done some hacks for the latter, I just don't remember what.
Keep enjoying it!

drdaytona 02-09-2019 07:41 PM

So.....getting the backup TSO on order now? :D

Might as well get a Czechmate too.

havanajim 02-09-2019 07:47 PM

Hate to say it, but.......... We told you so!!!!!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) :) :)

It's in a class by itself (Well, except for the 'Blue" and Czechmate. They're in that very small 'class' also!). :)

havanajim 02-09-2019 07:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Attachment 546688

Sometimes..... the truth stings a bit!!! :) :) :)

TRSOtto 02-09-2019 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by havanajim (Post 12736882)
Attachment 546688

Sometimes..... the truth stings a bit!!! :) :) :)

LOL!!! I'm not dressed quite that well!!!

Striker2237 02-09-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TRSOtto (Post 12736578)
Finally took the TSO to the range yesterday. Holy Crap!!!!! This gun is absolutely phenomenal!!! Here are my initial thoughts after the first 200 rounds of Federal 115 gr stuff.

1. Recoil is negligible. It's a heavy gun with a full length dust cover. Add in a 20 round capacity and there is a lot of weight there. The grip is higher than any 1911 and the feeling upon firing is literally just the slide running back and forth. Muzzle flip is minimal. Part of that is due to the gas pedal and using it to keep the muzzle under further control. The only other gun that comes close in this respect is a Baer Mono Heavyweight in 9mm.....and its STILL not close.

2. The trigger is simply amazing. It's so good, that the other pistol I was shooting, a full size Ed Brown 1911 in 9mm, felt like it had a 10 lb trigger. I never had an incident when the gun went off when I didn't want it to. In other words...the trigger isn't dangerous. What it is ....is perfect. Just lay your finger in the trigger guard, take up the slack, perform a final sight alignment and touch off the shot. The round will go where you want it to go. The reset is about the same as a 1911....certainly no worse.
Just a very short very positive "click". Wilson Combat, Baer, Brown, Nighthawk.....none of them make a 1911 trigger this good.

3. Accuracy is just as amazing. If you can see well enough, you can literally put round after round into the same hole at 10 yds....and at the end of a 20 round magazine, the hole diameter is still .355. Off a rest, I shot 1" diameter groups time after time at 25 yds. I'm certain that it will do better under better light conditions. The only other gun I have that's as accurate is my custom Colt built by Alchemy. I'm really looking forward to warmer weather and wring this gun out at 100 yds.

4. The position and operation of the thumb safet sucks. It's too high and too far forward and anyone with a normal shaped paw can't easily manipulate the safety. Flipping it off is easy. Flipping it on is ridiculously difficult and shouldn't be that way.

In summary, I own 31 1911's.....this gun is so fricking good.....its got me thinking as to whether I can in good conscience, buy another.

Told ya. Now get a Czechmate, it's literally TWICE as fast. 100 yards is a joke with it, can kill a line of soda cans like it's nothing.

I have done pin league with my Czechmate and currently hold the all time range record (and PCCs are allowed) at 3.28 seconds for 10 pins on three racks at 20/30/50 feet from high ready. CZs are stupid fast until you get a race level 2011.......those have no equal. If it helps my home range has three for sale right now, I can tell you the range and give you the number of my main sales guy if interested. They had four TSOs but they were bought really quickly, two by people I know.

Striker2237 02-09-2019 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YVK (Post 12736654)
That's par for the course for a TSO evaluation, from recoil to trigger to accuracy to thumb safety issues. I know that people have done some hacks for the latter, I just don't remember what.
Keep enjoying it!

Welder and some time.......seriously.

tgt_usa 02-09-2019 09:10 PM

Unsure
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by toofew1911s (Post 12736608)
Oh great - that is what I wanted to hear. I wanted one already without your range report and based on your current experience, I won't sleep...I won't eat....I probably will become antisocial and an outcast until I find one. Fortunately, someone will probably chime in that theirs is good but not THAT good, so I will at least be able to eat something.

^^^^
This
j -;

;- j ...

j -;

... really not sure.

YVK 02-09-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Striker2237 (Post 12736910)
Quote:

Originally Posted by YVK (Post 12736654)
That's par for the course for a TSO evaluation, from recoil to trigger to accuracy to thumb safety issues. I know that people have done some hacks for the latter, I just don't remember what.
Keep enjoying it!

Welder and some time.......seriously.

Dunno if welding is legit in USPSA but people who have had issues with it have certainly given it enough time. I myself am not particularly interested in it. The issue, as I understand it, is bumping it into safe when taking off/reacquiring a support hand position which, of course, happens all the time during courses of fire. Between difficulty of providing adequate downward strongside thumb pressure and very high support hand position, my M class buddy had to change to his backup TSO during the Nationals before he understood what the problem was. The hack that I mentioned was developed by a local GM and involved fitting the safety so it only blocked the sear when in a absolutely top position.

Striker2237 02-09-2019 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by YVK (Post 12737004)
Dunno if welding is legit in USPSA but people who have had issues with it have certainly given it enough time. I myself am not particularly interested in it. The issue, as I understand it, is bumping it into safe when taking off/reacquiring a support hand position which, of course, happens all the time during courses of fire. Between difficulty of providing adequate downward strongside thumb pressure and very high support hand position, my M class buddy had to change to his backup TSO during the Nationals before he understood what the problem was. The hack that I mentioned was developed by a local GM and involved fitting the safety so it only blocked the sear when in a absolutely top position.

My hand works with it in that sense, two people I know have done the weld trick. One of the two came up with it and it in essence is like a low mount 1911 safety that involves cutting the exsisting one down and then welding another shelf to the remainder and filing it all. Brilliant but damn it took him a while to make even the two that I presume are the only ones out there.

toofew1911s 02-09-2019 10:04 PM

So what do you think is the reason CZ went with the awkward safety? Didn't anticipate it being used for a competition or defense gun so safety location is a moot point - like on the Smith and Wesson 41?

Striker2237 02-09-2019 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by toofew1911s (Post 12737028)
So what do you think is the reason CZ went with the awkward safety? Didn't anticipate it being used for a competition or defense gun so safety location is a moot point - like on the Smith and Wesson 41?

Well it's actually due to how the sear cage and trigger linkage works, the safety cross pin has to be quite high in the gun meaning the lever needs a large metal base that links it to the pin if you want to grip it under your thumb and you have small hands. I have largeish hands so the TS and Shadow safeties are actually about in the right place for me but are just sharp on the edges so full pressure hurt a little.

Beak Boater 02-10-2019 07:36 PM

Have owned CZ's for 10 years, it always amazes me when someone shoots one and comes back impressed. I always said they were the best kept secret in handguns. They are not all super shooters, some of the older 75B's and 75D's have gritty triggers and long pulls, but the new guns are just phenomenal right out of the box.
Glad you enjoyed yours, I know I have enjoyed shooting mine a long time.
I have a 75B worked by Cajun Guns, an SP01 Shadow Target, and a Pro Tek 1

JNW 02-10-2019 08:11 PM

I love the way a Shadow 2 feels in my hands, but haven’t gotten one as I’d want the trigger upgraded by Cajun and have it made SAO. Sounds like I should just buy a TSO and be done with it.
Jeff

TRSOtto 02-10-2019 09:03 PM

I've had an SP01 for a year or so. Then I Cajunized it while waiting for the TSO. I thought the SP01 was a neat gun. Then along came the TSO.

Now I've got Striker telling me to go buy a Czechmate.......

It's only money......right??? LOL!!!!

Harrish 02-12-2019 08:59 AM

First of all I can't believe there is NOT a single picture in this thread???

I can't imagine the trigger on the TSO is better or as good as the trigger on the Czechmate. My buddy has a Czechmate Parrott that I get to shoot whenever I want. It is a straight up race gun and the trigger is insane. It's as good, or better than the trigger on my Kidd Classic 22 rifle which comes in right a 1 lb and breaks like glass. The CZ has NO RECOIL. None. If anything the muzzle dips down a touch, but it barely moves up or down from shot to shot. Crazy.

First 5 Rounds I Fired Through a CZ Czechmate Parrott at 10 yards Unsupported. I used some cheap walmart white box Winchester 9mm 115gr FMJ.

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4367/...a7eacb0a_k.jpg

https://farm5.staticflickr.com/4395/...46dda918_k.jpg

cglhawk260 02-23-2019 06:08 AM

The biggest problem about CZ firearms is it leads to buying more CZ firearms.

drdaytona 02-23-2019 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cglhawk260 (Post 12750842)
The biggest problem about CZ firearms is it leads to buying more CZ firearms.

Truth....


I just picked up a 97B as I have been curious to try one in 45 ACP. That makes 6 CZ's and 2 CZ pattern weapons.

WaterDR 02-23-2019 09:36 AM

I fired one last Monday night. Only fired 10 rounds. All at 75ft and all bulls.

The gun is unreal.

Will be buying one soon.

drdaytona 02-23-2019 10:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WaterDR (Post 12751030)
I fired one last Monday night. Only fired 10 rounds. All at 75ft and all bulls.

The gun is unreal.

Will be buying one soon.

The TSO?

If so, yes unreal is correct.

drdaytona 02-23-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Harrish (Post 12739464)
First of all I can't believe there is NOT a single picture in this thread???

I can't imagine the trigger on the TSO is better or as good as the trigger on the Czechmate. My buddy has a Czechmate Parrott that I get to shoot whenever I want.


The TSO has the same trigger as the Czechmate.

havanajim 02-23-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drdaytona (Post 12751146)
The TSO has the same trigger as the Czechmate.

...and the same as the TS Blue as well! Exceptional... that's the only word that comes to mind. :) :) :)

WaterDR 02-23-2019 12:48 PM

How is the Blue different than the orange?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved