1911Forum

1911Forum (https://forums.1911forum.com/index.php)
-   Second Amendment News ONLY (https://forums.1911forum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=71)
-   -   Another Dem Governor Says Gun Stores Essential (https://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=1012574)

Oldguy9 03-23-2020 03:54 PM

Another Dem Governor Says Gun Stores Essential
 
Wow, first Illinois, now CT!

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...rom-shut-down/.

TjB101 03-23-2020 04:56 PM

Needs to happen in PA. Not that I need anything today there a lot of people who do. It’s gonna get nasty.

elongobardi 03-23-2020 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldguy9 (Post 13101882)


Don’t forget NY and California as well


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leatherman-Cowboy 03-23-2020 05:26 PM

Just called a major store in CA, and they are closed to the public. Only open for people that are scheduled to pick up their firearms.
Strange day's for sure.

BUY AMERICAN.

Thank you,

Henry

brickeyee 03-23-2020 08:29 PM

In Virginia liquor stores are essential.
And they are all run by the state.

mdellis49 03-23-2020 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leatherman-Cowboy (Post 13101946)
Just called a major store in CA, and they are closed to the public. Only open for people that are scheduled to pick up their firearms.
Strange day's for sure.

BUY AMERICAN.

Thank you,

Henry

It doesn't matter there hasn't been any guns or ammo on the shelves in a week

7in1911 03-23-2020 08:42 PM

Our Dem Governor in WA State would never say gun stores are essential...never.

In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't declared a Martial Law to collect all firearms at this point.

davidj 03-23-2020 08:43 PM

San Diego County county just announced "gun stores must close" for up to 8 weeks.

chrysanthemum 03-23-2020 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by davidj (Post 13102166)
San Diego County county just announced "gun stores must close" for up to 8 weeks.

Wow. That reeks as being a severe violation of Constitutional rights.:barf:

chrysanthemum 03-23-2020 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oldguy9 (Post 13101882)

Good decision, perhaps this is a person with whom rational discussion is possible. But before giving too many high-fives, he merely did what he should have done with little exertion. IOW, he successfully cleared a very low hurtle bar.

Even a blind squirrel occasionally finds a nut.

chrysanthemum 03-23-2020 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7in1911 (Post 13102162)
Our Dem Governor in WA State would never say gun stores are essential...never.

In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't declared a Martial Law to collect all firearms at this point.

That's more typical Dem. It's the Party's long-term agenda.:barf:

dsk 03-23-2020 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7in1911 (Post 13102162)
Our Dem Governor in WA State would never say gun stores are essential...never.

In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't declared a Martial Law to collect all firearms at this point.

I just looked at his list of "essential" businesses that are allowed to stay open, but I didn't see any mention of gun stores. Fortunately I got my newest pistol out of jail just this afternoon.

The War Wagon 03-23-2020 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TjB101 (Post 13101920)
Needs to happen in PA. Not that I need anything today there a lot of people who do. It’s gonna get nasty.


Got mine too, but if you don't, the 2A is unassailable! Until... it's not. :mad:

Pennsylvania Supreme Court denies gun-rights challenge to business closure order
Quote:

The Pennsylvania Supreme Court shut down a challenge to Gov. Tom Wolf’s order last week for all non-life sustaining businesses to close during the coronavirus pandemic.

Two lawsuits filed Thursday sought injunctions against enforcement of the order, claiming Wolf overstepped his authority by ordering law firms and gun shops to close. The suits said the order ran afoul of the Pennsylvania Constitution by interfering with the Supreme Court’s regulation of lawyers and depriving residents of their right to have a lawyer and the U.S. Constitution because it infringed on the right to bear arms.

The suit challenging the closure of gun shops also claimed that the pandemic is not a disaster under the state law granting emergency authority to the governor because the law does not specifically mention disease outbreaks.

The court’s two page order was posted late Sunday after developments in the cases over the weekend. Harrisburg lawyer William Costopoulos withdrew his request for an injunction after reaching an agreement with the governor’s office, according to court papers.

Also on Sunday, Philadelphia sought permission to join the cases, saying that as Pennsylvania’s most populous county, it has an interest in the business closure order and supported Wolf’s decision.

In dismissing the remaining suit, the Supreme Court noted that although the order required businesses providing legal services to cease their physical operations, Wolf later added an exception allowing attorneys to participate in cases deemed essential by a state or federal court. It also allows attorneys to go to offices when necessary for such cases.
The court did not explain its reasons for dismissing the claims on behalf of the gun shop and gun owners groups.

Berks County attorney Joshua Prince, who challenged the order on behalf of his family’s law firms, a Lancaster County gun shop and gun owners groups, called the court’s decision a devastating blow to Pennsylvanians’ constitutional rights. Prince said that because the court did not rule on the legal arguments in his challenge, anyone cited for violating the order will still be able to challenge it in court.

Justice David Wecht filed a separate opinion saying he disagreed with the decision because the order closing gun shops results in a total prohibition on buying guns in Pennsylvania. He noted that under state law, any sale of a gun requires a background check and that transactions must take place at the dealer’s designated place of business.

“Quite simply, if firearm dealers are not able to conduct any business in-person at their licensed premises, then no transfers of firearms can be completed. This amounts to an absolute and indefinite prohibition upon the acquisition of firearms by the citizens of this commonwealth,” Wecht wrote.
The 2A is cancelled... on account of... "inconvenience"... :mad:

Leatherman-Cowboy 03-23-2020 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdellis49 (Post 13102160)
It doesn't matter there hasn't been any guns or ammo on the shelves in a week

I am sure that is correct. Makes me happy I always stock for any situation that may develop. Military training has served me and many others well. Let's get this mess cleaned up, and return to the America we all know and love.

Thank you,

Henry

nod 03-24-2020 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leatherman-Cowboy (Post 13102380)
I am sure that is correct. Makes me happy I always stock for any situation that may develop. Military training has served me and many others well. Let's get this mess cleaned up, and return to the America we all know and love.

Thank you,

Henry

Yep, always keep the "basic load" on hand. Always!

3/2 ACR
3/7ACR

Leatherman-Cowboy 03-24-2020 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nod (Post 13103162)
Yep, always keep the "basic load" on hand. Always!

3/2 ACR
3/7ACR

That is correct. Just go to show how many have no clue, and how much they depend on programs to keep things afloat.

Thank you,

Henry

clt_capt 03-24-2020 07:33 PM

The sheriff of LA County just declared firearms to be non-essential and closed all gun stores in LA COunty - some by force

Plantar5 03-24-2020 07:45 PM

Murphy did the same thing in NJ. It is being challenged in court.

https://nj2as.org/nj2as-and-saf-file...AS+SAF+Lawsuit

The NJ state police do our background checks and all it took was Murphy telling the NJSP to shut it down.
It’s a bad precedent these governors are getting away with.

I also got an email from Mile High out in Colorado saying their transfers are being postponed.

Not good.

USMM guy 03-24-2020 08:43 PM

Might make for an interesting test case.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by 7in1911 (Post 13102162)
Our Dem Governor in WA State would never say gun stores are essential...never.

In fact, I'm surprised he hasn't declared a Martial Law to collect all firearms at this point.

I would only hope that the good people of Washington state would shut this down in fairly short order.

Steam Boat 03-24-2020 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plantar5 (Post 13103252)
I also got an email from Mile High out in Colorado saying their transfers are being postponed.

Not good.

Not only do we have to worry about the CBI being up to hijinks,
Now UPS is up to shenanigans trying to control guns by lying on deliveries.

https://www.ar-15.co/threads/177821-UPS

Col. Colt 03-25-2020 12:31 AM

Here in Anchorage, Alaska our California transplanted Commie/Progressive Mayor Berkowitz is ordering gun stores to close - but made sure under his Edict that all the new Pot Stores and the Booze sellers stay open as "essential services".

Yeah, he's a hard Blue Democrat - surprise, surprise.
In my opinion this is his trying to keep the Dope smokers who elected him for his support of marijuana calm and happy (and to protect their businesses) - and to try to put under as many gun shops (who are having a tough time staying open because overall sales have been lackluster since Trump was elected (since most Alaskans have everything they need already) - thus no fear like when Obama was in charge).

We have to get active this Election Season and everyone drag at least one person you know to the polls. If everyone of us added one vote our way, the problem would be solved, nationwide. CC

USMM guy 03-25-2020 01:02 AM

Colonel, around here we are currently engaged at least as much as the Demos.
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Col. Colt (Post 13103462)
Here in Anchorage, Alaska our California transplanted Commie/Progressive Mayor Berkowitz is ordering gun stores to close - but made sure under his Edict that all the new Pot Stores and the Booze sellers stay open as "essential services".

Yeah, he's a hard Blue Democrat - surprise, surprise.
In my opinion this is his trying to keep the Dope smokers who elected him for his support of marijuana calm and happy (and to protect their businesses) - and to try to put under as many gun shops (who are having a tough time staying open because overall sales have been lackluster since Trump was elected (since most Alaskans have everything they need already) - thus no fear like when Obama was in charge).

We have to get active this Election Season and everyone drag at least one person you know to the polls. If everyone of us added one vote our way, the problem would be solved, nationwide. CC

While they are trying as hard as they can with registering criminals. We are attempting to register living and breathing non felons, with a view towards votting.

partsproduction 03-25-2020 02:36 PM

This AM I heard that the Ca sheriff backed off on gun stores being "non essential" because of a call from a lawyer;
https://pjmedia.com/trending/la-sher...s-and-lawyers/

brickeyee 03-25-2020 03:24 PM

You would think they would want them open in the hopes of gun owners catching Wuhan Flu.

partsproduction 03-25-2020 04:51 PM

Quote:

You would think they would want them open in the hopes of gun owners catching Wuhan Flu.
The left is always ready to use a life and death crises as a means to their goals, so at first that made me smile, then I realized you are probably right!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimisation provided by DragonByte SEO (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2015 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved