1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 11-29-2004, 05:50 AM

medallion tactical .45 standard armscor? is it worth a buy??

i bought a medallion tactical .45 standard 8 plus 1. top of the line armscor has to offer (thats what they claim),for around P42,000. is it worth the price? and does it shoot as good as it costs? havent tried it yet cuz ill get my hands on it around a month and 2 weeks from my date of purchase. does it really take that long to get it? may be you could fill me in with some details or performance of the gun whoever made the same mistake as i did thanks in advance guys chow for now!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 07:03 AM

to tell you the truth, I have never seen one of these. Not even sure if they have actually built one..

Frank
Beretta 92FS in stainless, Armscor 1911A1 in stainless,Alchemy Arms Spectre stainless/aluminum, Taurus tracker in .17HMR 8" stainless, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Firestorm mini 9mm, Benelli Nova 12ga in black, Winchester 190

http://turbobuicks.net/gallery2/main...g2_itemId=6504
Old 11-29-2004, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyinGN
to tell you the truth, I have never seen one of these. Not even sure if they have actually built one..

Frank
hi flyinGN,

it is available in the P.I. it looks like your armscor practical series cal..45. it comes in all hard chrome, 2-tone or high luster blued finish. and also the rear sight is like a bomar adjustable sight instead of a low profile snag free novak type sight which is installed in the practical series.

the one mentioned by xxxajxxx is a high-cap armscor medallion series type. but bisically it is just the same as the practical series. i haven't handle one so i can really say the difference between the practical & medallion series besides the features i had mentioned earlier.

i dont know how to post pictures but if you want to see the medallion series just visit the website of armscor at www.armscor.com.ph
you can see all the series armscor can offer for the local gun enthusiast here in the P.I.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:30 AM

wow nice, thanks for the link!!

Frank
Beretta 92FS in stainless, Armscor 1911A1 in stainless,Alchemy Arms Spectre stainless/aluminum, Taurus tracker in .17HMR 8" stainless, S&W 22A 7" fluted, Firestorm mini 9mm, Benelli Nova 12ga in black, Winchester 190

Old 11-29-2004, 08:37 PM

I have one, nice pistol, here are the links to the auction. I think I got a good price on it.

http://www.gunbroker.com/auction/Vie...?Item=23137342

The seller has had several on the auction site. I had to adjust the extractor but after that it works great. Very nicely finished. It looks better in person than it does in the auction pics.

Last edited by geneh; 11-29-2004 at 08:39 PM.
Old 11-29-2004, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneh
I have one, nice pistol, here are the links to the auction. I think I got a good price on it.

The seller has had several on the auction site. I had to adjust the extractor but after that it works great. Very nicely finished. It looks better in person than it does in the auction pics.

hi geneh,

it's a good price for a good gun. good catch bro!

hi flyinGN,

we are really lucky, but not as lucky as you are back there. 'coz even if we can get those armscor models here, it cost us to much $$$ than what you are paying there. yet what you are getting are those export quality finish items already. but for us, sometimes we are getting the lemons which doesn't pass the q.c. for int. standard
Old 11-30-2004, 05:37 AM

wow, first one I have ever saw! Nice! Give us a range report!

Frank

Quote:
Originally Posted by geneh

Old 08-03-2005, 07:47 PM

Hey!

I have a chance to buy one of these for what I think is a pretty good price but I'd like to know more.

Can somebody post some pics? Give me a range report?

Thanks!
Old 08-04-2005, 07:39 AM

Why buy the gun when you have doubts about it? It is still an investment. He he he. Just kidding. Of course it is a good gun. The Armscors that cost less are performing well, all the more the medallion. Shoot it a lot and you'll definitely enjoy it.

You bought the gun just after the gun show, you'll be lucky to get that model in two weeks. Most buyers get their units after more than a month.
http://www.readbud.com/?ref=5056664
Old 08-21-2005, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokarev
Hey!

I have a chance to buy one of these for what I think is a pretty good price but I'd like to know more.

Can somebody post some pics? Give me a range report?

Thanks!

The Medallion series is a good buy. Have the standard model and it shoots straight. No malfunctions (150 rounds fmj so far) whatsoever.

Old 08-21-2005, 09:23 PM

well my first pistol is a armscor 1911A2, i choose the 1911 model of armscor because theres a large possibility it will need alot and i mean a lot of gunsmithing and parts replacement. That way, at least the parts are easily available and almost every gunsmith knows what to do with the 1911.
So if every you encounter some problems with your Medalion, its part of the package heheheheheheheheeheheh. According to local gun dealers the medalion is just like the 1911-a1 model (but on steroids hehehe). other than the rear ajustable sight and a couple of other things is just the 1911-a1. its more of the asthetic thing and outer design. dont know if theres a high cap., last time i check it was still 7+1 rounds.

i dont mean to degrade the armscor brand, but its based on not so good personal experience and a couple of observations, you need to spend a couple of thousand pesos for it to function well, the original parts wont last long. but all in all i give armscor 6 out of 10. but who knows, maybe ours is better. ey dont let me stop you from enjoying your unit. happy shooting

for the price it think its reasonable, after all it is there top of the line,does that include the neccessary papers and license?
Old 08-23-2005, 03:01 AM

Tyke

This is my first 1911 and am impressed so far by it's performance. Granted a gun is a mechanical thing and parts will break is a given. Will try to check the grouping the gun gives next time around in the range. Slow and easy instead of rapid firing it (which is alot of fun though).

BTW
Got this during the last gunshow in Mega Mall. Cost 32K including licensing.
Old 08-23-2005, 03:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchero
Tyke

This is my first 1911 and am impressed so far by it's performance. Granted a gun is a mechanical thing and parts will break is a given. Will try to check the grouping the gun gives next time around in the range. Slow and easy instead of rapid firing it (which is alot of fun though).

BTW
Got this during the last gunshow in Mega Mall. Cost 32K including licensing.
good for you, well my 1911 shoots well now....the groupings are consistent....yah i shoot slow as of now....because i have a tendency to jerk and flinch the trigger/gun after firing 6 rounds from my 14 round 1911

thats sweet deal....32k....i cant argue with that.......when was it made and inspected?
Old 08-23-2005, 12:41 PM

The date indicated was 2003. Do you happen to know if these are stored at the gunstore or in FED at Crame?
Old 08-23-2005, 07:38 PM

[QUOTE=cuchero]The date indicated was 2003. Do you happen to know if these are stored at the gunstore or in FED at Crame?[/QUOT

most likely in the FED Armoury, the only time the gunstore gets the unit is if the buyer has already presented the necessary papers and the payment. most gun shops in PI have only displays and brouchers. Well thats what i think
Old 08-24-2005, 12:33 AM

[QUOTE=_TYKE_]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuchero
The date indicated was 2003. Do you happen to know if these are stored at the gunstore or in FED at Crame?[/QUOT

most likely in the FED Armoury, the only time the gunstore gets the unit is if the buyer has already presented the necessary papers and the payment. most gun shops in PI have only displays and brouchers. Well thats what i think
yes your right tyke. usually this items being stored in the FED Armory/warehouse are old productions/stocks from our local gun stores, it maybe imported or local made.
they submitted it to the FED for ballistic sample. then just seat's in the FED's warehouse until such time someone buy's at the gun store for that particular unit.
then the gun store process the papers of the buyer and give a short lead time return like 2weeks to 1 month or even give them already the serial# of the unit since the firearm is already in stock & just waiting for the papers to be process & release.

but sometimes, there are also gun store's back there in the P.I. that will just make the production (if locally made) after getting your confirmed purchase order with your down payment of the said firearm unit.
that's why they are giving a 2-3 months lead time return including the processing of your documents & license to posses.
in this way you can be sure that your firearm is really "hot from the oven" as we say. but old stocks or new productions doesn't really matter as long as the old stock don't have rust along with it. well...it does matter sometimes.
Old 08-24-2005, 10:19 PM

maybe a bit OT

Know where to get some decent grips in the PI?
Old 09-02-2005, 12:34 PM

I currently have in stock:
1911 45 blued single stack medallions
1911 40 blued wide body medallions
1911 40 two tone medallions.
Ivan
Old 09-02-2005, 10:10 PM

Fed

[QUOTE=hitman joe]
Quote:
Originally Posted by _TYKE_

yes your right tyke. usually this items being stored in the FED Armory/warehouse are old productions/stocks from our local gun stores, it maybe imported or local made.
they submitted it to the FED for ballistic sample. then just seat's in the FED's warehouse until such time someone buy's at the gun store for that particular unit.
then the gun store process the papers of the buyer and give a short lead time return like 2weeks to 1 month or even give them already the serial# of the unit since the firearm is already in stock & just waiting for the papers to be process & release.

but sometimes, there are also gun store's back there in the P.I. that will just make the production (if locally made) after getting your confirmed purchase order with your down payment of the said firearm unit.
that's why they are giving a 2-3 months lead time return including the processing of your documents & license to posses.
in this way you can be sure that your firearm is really "hot from the oven" as we say. but old stocks or new productions doesn't really matter as long as the old stock don't have rust along with it. well...it does matter sometimes.

I'm interested in Armscor and Norinco, and I live here in the Phils. like you've posted, do you mean its more advisable to buy a pistol at a direct distributor (eg. Squires Bingham) rather than FED to make sure its a brand new "hot from the oven" or does Armscor still sends its units to FED to ballistic stuffs before sending it to the buyer? Rust does bothers me, feels like I'm cheated as so gunstores says that its brand new. I'm quite meticulous with those things, besides reliability and durability, I hope you do pardon me for that. Any advise as to which brand I would buy although I'm more interested in Armscor mid-size or the GI series?

Last edited by Pepe308; 09-02-2005 at 10:19 PM.
Old 09-02-2005, 10:44 PM

Pepe308,

Save for store-shelf display units, technically all firearms hawked by gunstores are warehoused at FED. Even display units sold will spend quite some time at FED, for ballistic fingerprinting, etc. When it comes to Armscors or Norincos, you are virtually always buying sight-unseen --unless of course you elect to buy the store's display unit.

While Squires Bingham is the offical marketing arm of Armscor here in the Philippines, IME it doesn't mean they offer any real advantage over other stores in terms of getting your Armscor to you pronto, or in better NIB-state.

hth
Old 09-04-2005, 08:01 PM

cracked magazine lip

one of the novak's act-mag 8 rounder which came with the gun had a cracked magazine feed lip. 250 rounds has gone so far into the magazine. kind of strange for it to crack. anybody else had the same experience with the same type of magazine?
Old 09-04-2005, 08:21 PM

Cracked Novak mags seem to be a common problem.
http://forums.1911forum.com/showthre...ighlight=novak
Old 09-05-2005, 07:09 AM

yesterday after my class, we were comparing our armscor 1911s (most of us used 1911s ). I opened the topic about the date inspected, got mine this year but it was inspected last 2001 while 3 of my classmates got their 9mm 1911s last week and was inspected last 2005 and we got our guns from the same gunstore.

i dont know if this is true but my classmate actually prefered the armscor 1911s produced before 2005, something to do with the kind of steel used back then. is it true?
Old 09-06-2005, 07:41 PM

tyke

does it mean guns produced before have much better metal than those produced nowadays? kind of like a backward trend ain't it if guns then have better metallurgy than guns now
Old 09-06-2005, 10:21 PM

when it comes to frames and metallurgy im a noob, they said something to do with cutting down expense or something, thus compromissing the qualty----> not a very reliable source though.....