1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > Competitive Shooting

Old 03-20-2004, 09:44 PM

It's YOUR fault!!!

I'm holding each and every one of you personally responsible for ruining my bank account. I've been into handguns for a little while now, but I've always avoided competition because I thought it would turn me off to shooting b/c of all the pressure and stuff. But after i kept hearing you guys talk about how much fun it was for so long, I finially went to watch a IPSC match at the local indoor range. It was a BLAST! Several of the guys offered to let me shoot their extra gun but I just sat this one out to watch. Now, having seen it first hand, i'm going to have to go out and buy a new gun, with mags, and belt and holster and mag holders... and it's all your fault. You guys turned me on to this, so I think now that the bug's bitten me, you should have to pay for it. After all it is all your fault . No really, I just wanted to say thanks. All of you convinced me to try it, and now i'm hooked. Yes I realize I don't have to go get new guns to compete, but what better excuse to use than this "I have to have it for a competition." I'm really looking foward to this... now i just have to figure out what all i need and what all i really can afford. Thanks again for everything!!!
Old 03-21-2004, 12:17 AM

I shoot Limited 8 and IDPA with the same gear. So you really don't need a new gun. But, as far as I am concerned, any reason to buy a new gun is a good one.

I always tell people to be careful, this stuff is addicting.
"And by the way, Mr. Speaker, The Second Amendment is not for killing ducks and leaving Huey and Dewey and Louie without an aunt and uncle. It is for hunting politicians like (in) Grozney and in 1776, when they take your independence away". Robert K. Dornen, U.S. Congressman. 1995