1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Springfield Armory

Old 03-08-2004, 05:52 PM

Another **** loaded coupon question

Okay, this is my first loaded question coupon question, but they seem to be fairly common on the board.
Well, right now my range bag is a brown paper bag. Does anybody have any info and or opinions on the range bag that Springfield sells?
Second, I'm always on the lookout for a good cleaning kit, and the one that seems to be indicated on the loaded coupon seems to be a good deal.
Finally, I don't like the idea of getting blued mags for my Stainless springfield just because that don't look right. However, I don't have a concealed carry permit, so I don't need anything fancy and would rather have something cheap and reliable. For $8.95 for the OEM, I'm assuming Metalform, magazines, that seems to be good deal, though I wish they had a similar deal on the stainless 7 round mags.
*edit* just read the post, and the last paragraph doesn't actually have a question anywhere in it. So, here's the question, to save money would you go with the blued mags listed on the coupon?

Last edited by bobwill; 03-08-2004 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-08-2004, 09:21 PM

I purchased their range bag with my last loaded coupon. It is a good deal in my opinion, padded inside, compartments for two pistols, mag loops, and an external pocket large enough for about 4 to six boxes of ammo.

I’ve gotten two of the Otis cleaning kits and one of the Springfield kits. Satisfied with both, added the Otis scraper kit from Midway.

I bought four of the blued magazines with my first coupon and ten each after that. Work very well in all of my 1911’s. I wish I would have gotten a couple of the ten rounders as well. I too wished for stainless to match my last acquisition. However, the stainless ones I do have don't feed the last round if shooting SWC and all the blued ones do. Just my penny and a half....
Old 03-09-2004, 12:45 AM

FWIW, the best range bag Ive ever had is my ballistic nylon Gun Mate I can carry 3 large handguns, 800 rounds of 45 and/or .454 ammo, cleaning supplies, etc, and it was about 45.00 at my local dealer. It has really lasted through the torture, even though I didnt expect it too

The Second Amendment - America's Original Homeland Security!
"B o d y P i e r c i n g b y S m i t h & W e s s o n "
NRA Life Member, GOA, SAF, JPFO
Old 03-09-2004, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwill
Finally, I don't like the idea of getting blued mags for my Stainless springfield just because that don't look right. However, I don't have a concealed carry permit, so I don't need anything fancy and would rather have something cheap and reliable. For $8.95 for the OEM, I'm assuming Metalform, magazines, that seems to be good deal, though I wish they had a similar deal on the stainless 7 round mags.
*edit* just read the post, and the last paragraph doesn't actually have a question anywhere in it. So, here's the question, to save money would you go with the blued mags listed on the coupon?
Not for one dollar...I called them (Springfield CS) & explained that my gun was stainless but the coupon was for blue magazines. I was instructed to write {PI4520} on the order form with the description of {7 round stainless magazine} unit price $9.95. But I have yet to place the order. This wasn't the primary reason for calling...it was because of the damned cracked grip panels. Six hundred dollar guns shouldn't require replacement parts after the first 200 rounds but to Springfield's credit they agreed to send me a set of wood grips. Fortunately, I had a NIB Springfield high cap to take to the range instead which ran well I might add.
Old 03-09-2004, 03:43 PM

The Otis cleaning kit is a good price. I don't use it for home cleaning but it's handy in the field because of it's size.

"Never shall I fail my comrades."
Old 06-16-2004, 03:21 PM

I used my coupon to buy 10 mags, black nylon gun case with slots for 4 mags and my GI WWII Champion, big outside pocket to keep either my ear muffs or empty cases in. I also got a Springfield "Wanted" t-shirt. I sold 5 mags to my buddy and kept 5. I made enough to pay for it all.

I want another SA!!!
Old 06-16-2004, 03:30 PM

I just got a loaded and the coupon says that it expires Dec 31 2002. So are they still honoring them?
Old 02-06-2005, 11:27 AM

I just sent mine off and it didn't have an expiration date. It just said it was valid for 90 days after purchase of the gun. I wish I had known that I could write in the stainless mags but I don't have a problem w/ a blued mag anyway. They're just for the range and they are up inside the gun anyway.