1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Other Firearms & Tools > Browning Hi-Power

Old 01-22-2004, 05:15 PM

Suggestions on Tuckable Holsters?

I want a good tuckable holster for my Hi-power. Any suggestions? It must be very thin! My gun is big enough for my small frame. I also don't want to pay a ton.
Also, anyone carry a Hi-power in a SmartCarry or the like? (I wear slacks, dockers and tucked shirt w/ tie).
Old 01-23-2004, 09:32 AM

This may sound like heresy, but try a Kel Tec P-11 9mm. Holds 10 rds, easier to hide, and believe it or not, shoots just about as well as the BHP. The www.ktog.org (or is it .com?) has a reference to holsters.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:11 PM

The only tuckable I've used with my Hi Power is Blade Tech's UCH. It works better than I expected, just blouse the shirt a tad. I don't know if Side Armor's new tuckable IWB will be made for 1911's (& maybe Hi Powers) or not... www.sidearmor.com
Luke 22:36 Romans 12:17-21 Ephesians 4:26-32
"Life brings both sorrows and joys alike. It is what a man does with them - not what they do to him - that is the true test of his mettle." T. Roosevelt

Last edited by poohgyrr; 01-23-2004 at 04:14 PM.
Old 01-23-2004, 04:25 PM

I've ordered a kydex holster from Fist, Inc., that just came in last night. It's his universal model. comes with belt slide adapter, as well as IWB adapter, and I ordered it with a J-clip tuckable option that can be removed. Here's a link to the description: #K1 UNIVERSAL HOLSTER. This might not be the best way to go, but I'm a new CHL license holder, and rather than buy one holster, then another, then another, ad nauseum until I found one that suited me, I ordered this one. I have a good friend who uses a Fist holster, as does his wife. They both love theirs. I saw them, one leather, and one kydex, and liked them both, as well as the price.

By the way, I got it through Gunner's Alley. Really nice guys to deal with, and a few dollars less than ordering direct.

Hope this helps,

Dow

P. S. Standard disclaimers apply... No relationshilp with the manufacturer, seller, ect., etc., etc.
Old 01-23-2004, 05:37 PM

Comp-tac's C-TAC is it. Quality, service, price and variety of mounting options...

There's also the V-Max (?) by Milt Sparks and The Answer, by Tucker Gunleather (?) but they cost more and don't have as many options.
Old 01-23-2004, 11:51 PM

Another vote for the Comp-Tac. I use one with my Wilson CQB-C. A superb holster, and an even better maker to deal with.
Old 01-24-2004, 02:01 PM

Tucker Cover Up. Read my review: http://www.1911forum.com/forums/show...+power+holster
Old 01-26-2004, 09:30 AM

Where to buy?

Where should I order a cover-up by Tucker. Straight from them? Are they cheaper through a dealer?
Thanks for the suggestions everyone! Keep them coming. I'm still interested.
Old 01-27-2004, 08:42 PM

You can get them straight from Tucker. Tonerguy is a member on this board and he can hook you up.

www.tuckergunleather.com