1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Ed Brown

Old 05-10-2003, 11:46 AM

Oooohh Yeeaaahh! Kobra Carry!

Yahoooo! I finally got a Brown! Stainless KC. Yeah, sorry this is another "I just got a ...(fill in blank here)..." thread, but, I'm excited.

I saw it yesterday in the shop. I was so excited after seeing it I could hardly concentrate when I went out to the range. I had told myself I wasn't going to buy any more guns for a while, then I saw the Kobra. I had to go back today and get it, selling three of my revolvers in the process. Only put about 130 rounds through it. It was flawless, and sure shot great!
Attached Thumbnails
dcp_0266aaa.jpg  
Old 05-10-2003, 11:51 AM

Congratulations, that's a fine gun! I'm patiently waiting for it's twin brother, due in less than three weeks. I feel like a kid waiting for Santa!
Old 05-10-2003, 11:59 AM

ssr:
Nice Kobra Carry! Have you decided on what kind of gun leather your going to carry it in?
Old 05-10-2003, 12:03 PM

No, haven't thought about leather yet. Ideas?
Old 05-10-2003, 12:20 PM

Nice! Enjoy
Old 05-10-2003, 12:37 PM

ssr;
I use the Wilson Featherweight IWB (Sharkskin). Milt Sparks also makes some nice holsters for the 1911 as well.
Old 05-10-2003, 12:43 PM

Keith...I just got a new Sparks VM-II for my Kimber Compact. Isn't the Kobra Carry just a little longer? If so, that means another holster order! I can't believe how comfortable it is! I suppose if I could come up with the cash for a Brown, I shouldn't complain about buying another holster! Thanks...Tracy
Old 05-10-2003, 12:48 PM

AZH:
Thats kind of the beauty of the Wilson IWB Featherweight....one size fits all! You can use the same holster no matter what size 1911 you have (except a 6" slide, or KZ-45 of course). It also features an adjustable cant so you can mount the pistol to your liking.
Old 05-10-2003, 04:56 PM

I tried a Wilson IWB, and didn't like it. I felt it held the gun way too high above the belt line. I like my Milt Sparks Executive Companion the best of any I've tried.

Nice gun there. That stainless looks almost blue. Cool color, but I am wondering if this is just an effect of the flash or something.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:40 AM
Banned

Hey Shawn... well you son of a gun! Welcome to the Brownies club, you old Colt fan you! Nice to see we're almost living parallel pistol lives! I'm really glad you found and love your Brown. Man, it sounds like you have a pretty cool gunshop in your area... Wish we lived closer, I'd love to go to the range with you and check her out. Anyway, congrats to you! I'm sure you're a happy camper.

Last edited by DHart; 05-11-2003 at 03:34 PM.
Old 05-11-2003, 07:05 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by DHart
Wish we loved closer
Are you sure you meant to say that?
Old 05-11-2003, 12:08 PM

DHart,

I do like the local shop. They carry a full line of new Colts too. You name a new Colt, and they have it in the display case. Of course they have huge supplies of Kimbers, Springfields and all, also. It really makes it difficult to hold to my "no new guns for a while" pledges.
Old 05-11-2003, 03:36 PM
Banned

Hawkeye... funny, good catch! That "o" is sure close to the "i" when jumping around the keyboard!

ssr.... wow! Every Colt made in stock.... I can only dream of such a shop. And bunches of Springfields and premiums too! You are so fortunate to have that!!! I'm really envious. Of course, my pocketbook would suffer even more than it does already!
Old 05-12-2003, 12:27 PM

I just put a couple hundred more rounds through my new Kobra Carry. This pistol is amazing! i shot it immediately after shooting a full size gov pistol, and the perceived recoil in the KC was less. It must be the way the bobtail fits in the hand. The heel of my hand fits perfectly in the bobtail cutout, so it seems to fit the hand (mine at least) better than the standard grip. Accuracy was great! It's a great little pistol. Very happy.
Old 05-12-2003, 12:37 PM
Student of Moderation

SSR,

That is great news! I'm gonna go play with my Kobra in @ 2 hours. I find the Brown products to be of excellent quality, and their staff to be most helpful.

I have added Ed Brown to my list of "gotta have one of their customs" gunsmiths. The problem is setting aside all of the dough. C'mon, I mean, Chuck Rogers, Don Williams, Ed Brown, Scott Mulkerin, Ned Christiansen, Richard Heinie, Larry Vickers, Ted Yost, John Jardine, etc, etc...

Boy, do I know how to pick a hobby...

Be well!
Old 05-12-2003, 01:25 PM
Banned

ssr... it really is amazing how nice the bobtail feature is, I'm surprised that more people don't have that mod done to their guns (if they can't afford or don't want a Brown). I would guess it's because most people have probably not had an opportunity to hold a bobtail.