1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Ruger

Old 03-02-2014, 01:13 PM

Bright Stainless SR1911

Anyone see one of these yet??? Factory polished SR1911. Flawless finish.
I can't find anything on it on the Internet. No special markings on the Ruger box/packaging. No little inspection sticker. Cabela's no longer has this barbeque gun in stock.
She sure is purty!

Old 03-02-2014, 01:44 PM

Hang on, I need to run find my Costa Del Mar's ! Seriously, pretty. I didn't know it existed.

Skip
Old 03-02-2014, 02:21 PM

I didn't know about them either. Just happened to find it in my travels, can't find anything on the Internet on it. Cabela's says it is factory new. Don't know if Ruger has a custom shop or not, but they pimped this one out right.
Old 03-02-2014, 03:23 PM

Makes sense, really, since Ruger is set up to do high polish on their Vaqueros already.

I think it was Florida's state patrol that, years ago, wanted high polish guns; the idea was that when the gun came out, everyone around would KNOW a gun had come out. This should work the same way....

Larry

Government, Anarchy and Chaos
Old 03-02-2014, 03:27 PM

Wow that is nice looking Ruger!
Old 03-02-2014, 04:28 PM

Nice looking, kind of a Terminator T1000 model. I can also see it being one hell of a fingerprint magnet.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:10 PM

Really wish I hadn't seen this... I need another Ruger like a hole in my head
Old 03-02-2014, 05:16 PM

Wonder if they will shine up any of the Commanders?
Old 03-02-2014, 05:27 PM

Definitely a fingerprint magnet. Cleans up real nice with a cotton cloth.
Wasn't in the market for another SR1911 either, but couldn't stop thinking about this one after I spotted it. Tried finding something on the Net about it and came up empty. Knew I better go back and grab it. It was a couple hundred more than standard but I think its worth it if not many were polished. I may call Ruger next week and ask them what the scoop is. Seems like several cool new SR 1911's are out... The black slided Talo edition, the Navy Seal edition, an engraved 2nd Amendment edfitiion and an engraved Freedom edition.
Old 03-02-2014, 05:35 PM

Wow, I love it! I've got several Rugers, but not a Ruger 1911. However, this gun looks amazing. SgtBFGunner, I wish you hadn't posted that info about the different variants. I'm going to look those up. They all sound cool!
Old 03-02-2014, 06:38 PM

I do not think this is a production gun. It may have been polished by Ruger but they do not offer it for sale. I have check a bunch of online sellers and online auctions and not one for sale. If the big dealers like Davidson's and others do not have it then I highly doubt this is a production gun.
Old 03-02-2014, 07:06 PM

SRV1, that's what I've been wondering. Cabela's says it's factory polished, they tell me its only one they have had or have seen.
I'm thinking a Ruger employee went to town on it at lunch one day and they shipped it out... (kidding...)
That's why I am asking if anyone has seen one before.

Last edited by SgtBFGunner; 03-03-2014 at 12:30 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:07 AM

I called Ruger this morning and was referred to another person. The lady said maybe it was "aftermarket" but referred me to another guy. They requested I email pics and pertinent info.
Will fill you guys in to know how the story ends.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:37 AM

There was a post on AR-15.com about a guy getting one from a dealer in Texas who was doing this service. Link:

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_5_49/138872_.html
Old 03-03-2014, 11:09 AM

Yes saw that... And he got his info from the friend who had the gun, so who knows what the truth really is. But it does look the same. You can make out a serial number and it is different than mine.
Supposedly this one is new, right from Ruger.
I called Cabela's to see what they had... This one has a digfferent item number and is listed as an "SR1911 HP"... I thought High Polish, the customer service/inventory lady thought "Hi Performance" which can't be because it is the same as the matte finished ones as far as components go.
She says that it may be a special Cabela's run (though not marked as exclusive) and she couldn;t tell me if there were any in stock, how many that had, nothing.
What she did say is the firearm was listed as "new", that Cabela's doesn't send things out, that if they have a special run they have it done at the manufacturer (Ruger).
My fingers are crossed that Ruger finds at least this one, specially done, for Cabela's.
Additional info to follow as I get it.

Last edited by SgtBFGunner; 03-03-2014 at 11:14 AM.
Old 03-03-2014, 12:05 PM

Ruger called me... They tell me that a place in CT, Baron Technologies (http://baronengraving.com/) receive their firearms, do their thing, send them on to the distributor and then to the FFL. Not sure, but Cabela's is likely their own "distributor" and maybe got it right from Baron's. I am told mine was part of a shipment of 250 but he was not sure what Baron's did with each of those. They may also be the one's doing the other special SR1911's I listed previously.
Regardless, I am happy about the quality, I'll get over the price, and maybe one will show up at a Cabela's near you!
If I can get info from Baron's I will post it. Stay tuned.
Old 03-03-2014, 04:08 PM

I saw one of these today at my local Cabela's- the price was $999.
Old 03-03-2014, 09:45 PM

I saw one at a Cabela's just like yours and could not find anything about them. Sweet looking!
Old 03-04-2014, 01:53 AM

Yes, $999. The polish is very well done, the machining is very well done. Not a drop of oil on the thing though when I broke it down to clean it. Thing was already spotless, turns out just needed some oil in the right places.

Guess the mystery is solved.
Old 03-04-2014, 03:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBFGunner View Post
Ruger called me... They tell me that a place in CT, Baron Technologies (http://baronengraving.com/) receive their firearms, do their thing, send them on to the distributor and then to the FFL. Not sure, but Cabela's is likely their own "distributor" and maybe got it right from Baron's. I am told mine was part of a shipment of 250 but he was not sure what Baron's did with each of those. They may also be the one's doing the other special SR1911's I listed previously.
Regardless, I am happy about the quality, I'll get over the price, and maybe one will show up at a Cabela's near you!
So Cabela's is wrong. These are not "factory" polished guns. Some dealer bought a bunch and polished them. People are going to get the wrong impression Ruger did this but in reality Ruger can do this job in house. Nothing wrong with that but people should not say (not you) it is a Ruger option unless Ruger contracted the work out which I highly doubt. Nice gun though!

James
Old 03-04-2014, 03:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SgtBFGunner View Post
Well the plot thickens! LOL! Look familiar?

Work of Baron's. Maybe some of you knew this already but I did not know. Maybe I was wrong about my post above

James
Old 03-04-2014, 08:35 AM

I think it's kind of like what Talo does... Has a batch of guns pimped out and then gets them to a distributor and they (all involved) make more money off the "enhanced" guns. So for the moment, the polished SR1911's seem to be a "Cabela's exclusive"... Whether Cabela's is their own distributor or not and had them made up, don't know. So bottom line, it appears Cabela's wanted to pimp out a batch of Rugers. These are beauties.
But I am a little disappointed these aren't the finished work of the "House of Ruger", but it doesn't appear they are doing any of the special editions in-house.

Last edited by SgtBFGunner; 03-04-2014 at 05:21 PM. Reason: Typos
Old 03-08-2014, 07:07 AM

Why oh why did I look at this thread. It's so dang gorgeous!
Want
So
Badly
Old 03-08-2014, 07:56 AM

this one did come this way from the manufacturer like this,

Attached Thumbnails
PICT0342.JPG  
Old 03-09-2014, 09:41 PM

I've got an SR1911 commander size and I removed the grips and first used 1000 grit then 2000 grit in an unseen area to see what it would look like because I really don't care for the matte finish. It looks pretty good. I know that I'll need to start with a coarser grit at the start because my way takes to damn long! I plan on doing the whole frame and the flats on the sides of the slide. Leaving the top of the slide matte as to down play the glare. I've got a dremel but I just bought this one and I'm not all that experienced with one so I figure that I can probably do more damage than good with it. What do you all think? I don't believe that I'd go as bling as the one that the OP posted. Any suggestions? I'd like to hear 'em. Thanks & Later,

Dennis in Idaho
"Keep your Powder Dry & your Ass Down!"
Attached Thumbnails
uploadfromtaptalk1394419297635.jpg  

"Those who talk, don't do. Those who do, Don't Talk!"

Last edited by DLeeHarley; 03-09-2014 at 09:43 PM.