1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > General Gun Discussion

Old 10-11-2013, 09:24 PM

F.I. MODEL-D "colt pony" .380acp mini-1911

Anyone own a real MODEL-D?

I only hear the rare Colt pony MODEL-D had a production of about 50 and they had a contract that cancelled with F.I. INDUSTRIES. The rare FI MODEL-D is the exact firearm as Colt pony model-d but made in washington before the "saturday night special ban" of 1968.
There are later model FI and stars that were not made in USA however. I think the real ones say washington or washing DC u.s.a. On the frame.

Anyone I want to own one,i only saw two for sale and they go for $350-400 now,which is more than they were back in the day.

They fit my hand so nice they look like a mini-1911 .380,and field strips almost exactly the same way with barrel bushing and slide catch. I should have bought a Colt Pony model-D at a gun show when i had the chance.

I would like to buy one if i could get my hands on one i would pay good money for a COLT or the rare FI (made in washington) models only,not the newer star or iver johnson versions.

Anyone ever fire one lately or know if the mags are interchangable??

Ive been really getting into these bugout bag/back up firearms lately and want something different in .380acp

I cant wait to find a rare COLT or F.I. MODEL-D
A .380 thats actually cool!!!

Last edited by Battery; 10-11-2013 at 09:34 PM.