1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 03-18-2003, 10:18 PM

BUL M5 magazines

I just got a Bul m5 govt. model and I loved it until it started jamming every fifth round or so halfway into the chamber and then I noticed that the magazine didn't fit very well (lots of slop side to side) Now I am trying to find a mag to fit but I can't find any and the pistol only came with one (black, no markings but ".45 ACP"). It appears that this is not the right magazine because after the last round is fired it just barely engages the slide lock up, and sometimes not at all. This is my first auto pistol so I don't really know if the mag could be causing the jamming problem also but i think it is probable.
Old 03-19-2003, 11:31 AM

Re: BUL M5 magazines

Quote:
Originally posted by smacdady
Now I am trying to find a mag to fit but I can't find any and the pistol only came with one (black, no markings but ".45 ACP").
Para-Ord 14/.45 (10 rounders available from Brownells, CDNN) mags will work, but the mag-catch slot will have to be filed some. The Kimber Polymer (Bul M5 frame) HiCap mags will also work (no mods needed), but they are expensive.

Good Luck
Old 03-19-2003, 02:38 PM

If I install a para mag release can I just use the para 14 mags. They are quite a bit cheaper.
Old 03-20-2003, 12:10 PM

I don't think the Para Mag Catch will interchange; however, there is a company that makes one for the Bul that will work. Search these forums for Bul. Good Luck!

It only takes a small amount of filing of the mag. Then you would be able to use both Kimber and Para!!

The correct mags from Kimber are $44.95 for 10 rounds and $75.00 for the 14 rounds. I paid $110 each for 14's two years ago.

Last edited by G21-30; 03-20-2003 at 12:22 PM.
Old 03-22-2003, 02:53 PM

you were right about the para catch, doesn't fit, I bought a 10rd para 14 mag and filed the catch. Works great now, thanks.
Old 03-22-2003, 03:40 PM

Rescomp makes the BUL mag catch that works with Para mags. I havent tried it though, i keep forgetting about it and run out of money before i remember it.

The Kimber/Bul ten round mags are the only ones ive had problems with in my Ploymer Stainless, Ive had absolutly no problems out of my modified Para HiCaps or my Kimber HiCap. I havent tried the para 10 shot mag.
Old 08-11-2013, 02:58 AM

FNG here. Found these, they were in stock a few days ago, but are now out of stock. I also found what I believe(linked to on another board) to be the Para release conversion it is CNC Machined from stainless steel not plastic. I also found some info on polishing the feed ramp to prevent some FTF issues Here are the links to them. I have not tried any, just found the info, hope this helps.
http://www.precisionsalesintl.com/Pr...ines_page.html
http://www.crspeed.co.za/ProductInfo...ctid=RHTBULREL
http://forum.m1911.org/showthread.ph...7&page=7&pp=10