1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Gunsmithing & Troubleshooting

Old 06-15-2013, 02:56 PM

Sarco Para Ordnance Castings

I picked up a handful of those sarco para ordnance castings, got P12-P14 as well as some of the single stacks. They were cheap and figure they will keep me busy the next couple years.

A few of them were odd frames. Look to use more of a Browning Hi Power type trigger group. They could probably be TIG welded and milled to accept standard 1911 trigger group. But then again why?

I assume it would probably be a task and a half to find the correct parts for those. Anyone have the story on these frames how they landed at Sarco?

Was bummed I missed the $70 ramped barrels at Numrich that went with them.

As for slides I am thinking Caspian's for them all. People seem pretty happy with Caspian correct?

I have built a few of those older Sarco colt sets in the past. I assume those parts were either overseas Brazil ladies or Philippians ...

If I could obtain parts I wouldn't mind building up one of those odd ball trigger jobs...Seems parts are hard to come by from what I have seen out there.
Old 06-15-2013, 03:54 PM

Those are probably for the Para LDA (Light Double Action) guns.

JH

Oh yeah, also-->they "feed", not "eat". This one is more subtle but still in bad taste...
Old 06-16-2013, 09:43 AM

Rocket is correct, some of the frames you bought are for LDA. Lots of extra parts, a serious pain to assemble correctly, but the result is an almost true double action 1911 with a relatively light pull. And very few standard 1911 parts will fit.

I bought 2 of the p12 alloy frames from sarco and while I haven't measured then, they seem to be spot on with my factory p12 frame except the ends of the dust cover seem to thin out a bit, but will only be noticeable when disassembled.
Old 06-16-2013, 11:39 AM

I assume there has to be some piles of the internals someplace. Seems odd the frames are plentiful but certain internals seem hard to find..Looked at the usual big vendors for LDA parts..Most parts are there,some key parts are not...Some key trigger parts are missing...If anyone has a lead on those parts..love to know where...