1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Dan Wesson

Old 05-28-2013, 09:15 AM

10mm CBob Magazine Recommendations

I'm looking for several additional magazines for my 10mm CBob.

What are the best available options?
Old 05-28-2013, 10:17 AM

I have a Cbob-10 also and was having a failure to go into battery. The shell would stick about half way in the chamber and a little nudge on the rear of the slide it would chamber until the next round up and same thing happened. I hear a lot of guys having trouble with the DW factory mags. I got some Metalform mags from a guy used and haven't had a problem since. I think it just takes some experimenting with different mags to see what your gun likes. I mean I've heard stories about all the different magazine manufacturers mags both good and bad. I have heard a lot of good things about the Tripp mags though.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:19 AM

Depends if you want flush 8rd mags or 9-10 rd extended mags... some magazine makers that one might normally use for a .45 don't make a 8 rd 10mm mag.

Metalform and Colt - 8 rd.
Checkmate - 8 and 9 rd.
Wilson - 9 rd.
Tripp - 9 and 10 rd.

When I shot 10mm, I used Colt mags, but back then, there were fewer choices. I'm sure current 10mm shooters will come along and tell you their favorites.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:30 AM

I believe Metalform makes Colt mags as well as a few other manufacturers mags. So far I've had good luck with them and they tend to cost less also than some other mag manufacturers.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:05 AM

I also have a cbob, which came with checkmate magazines. They had to be tuned by DW but now work flawlessly. You could also contacted checkmate and work with them to solve your problem. They are a stand up company who in my experience stand behind there products 100%. They even pay shipping.
Old 05-30-2013, 05:22 PM

Thumbs down for Wilson mags in 10MM

I just bought 2 Wilson Combat 9 round 47NX magazines for my 10MM CBOB (and Razorback) and they don't work at all. Like an earlier post described, the round goes halfway in. Doesn't matter if you put the magazine in and rack the slide or put the magazine in an open slide and drop it-same results. It also doesn't matter how many rounds are in the magazine 1 through 9 same results. I paid good money thinking these Wilsons were going to be flawless like they are in my 45 Valor, but they're absolutely useless in both my CBOB and my 10MM Razorback.

Anybody else have this trouble, or better yet a solution?

Checkmates aren't perfect, but work pretty good. I've got a couple of McCormicks that work pretty good too. I just want 2 mags that are reliable enough for concealed carry. I just don't feel comfortable carrying a 90% gun. I love my 10mm's, but they don't go bang every single time like my 45s. I think a big part of it is the magazines, so I'll be watching this thread.

Dan Wesson collector-PT-EXP .45, PT-C .45, V-BOB .45, CBOB 10MM, and Razorback 10MM. It's getting harder to explain to my wife why I need to buy all these guns that look alike.
Old 06-11-2013, 02:21 AM

The CheckMates (9rd) that came with my '07 10mm CBOB work great as do the extras that I bought. My Colt (8rd) mags work too. I had problems with the 9rd Chip McCormicks.
Old 06-13-2013, 09:13 PM

I like the Metalform mags with the round metal followers.
Dan Wesson Razorback #97 10mm; CBOB 10mm; Pointman Aussi .45; Custom Seven 38super; Custom 2-tone PM9; 2x 2006 PM9's; 2004 CCO
COTEP.org The Passcode to Join is valor
Old 06-14-2013, 05:33 AM

I had problems with the Tripp Cobra mags (same problem-failure to chamber the round) in my Colt Delta. The Wilsons work fine. Go figure.
Old 06-14-2013, 07:34 AM

2007 10mm CBOB:

The original checkmates caused issues until I installed Wolff Extra power springs, the Tripps 9 rounder has been flawless since day one and is my only mag that will feed a 200 gr. WFNGC. I run a Wolf 22# recoil spring and change it out about every 750 rounds.

Of course a trip to the factory where Keith installed a new ramped barrel no doubt was a huge help, I was having feeding and setback issues with the original barrel. Although the Tripps and new mag springs cured a lot of original issues.

This combo now works on all loads from powder puff to hot and heavy, about 1500+ rounds later I can't remember any type of feeding issues, the pistol is dead nuts reliable.

I think those original and .45 acp style magazines need more ooomph to catch up with the 10mm slide speed, I think Wolff calls them extra power Delta springs.
Old 06-17-2013, 04:37 PM

Checmate works for my PM7 10 mm. Wilson doesn't