1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > 2A Legal & Political News ONLY

Old 04-13-2013, 09:58 AM

Absurd Petition

People Sign Absurd Petition to Repeal 2nd Amendment & Confiscate All Legal Guns
Source: conservativevideos.com

Looks like it was made on the left coast. Sight takes you too a list of videos. Scroll down to the middle.
SAME REASON.......” Mark Twain

Last edited by 67A1F; 04-13-2013 at 10:01 AM.
Old 04-13-2013, 10:17 AM

Those morons all vote!
www.armedcitizensnetwork.org
Old 04-13-2013, 11:57 AM

I could put on one of those Obama t-shirts with his picture on the front and then go into most inner city areas with a petition to re-institute slavery and I swear most of the people there would sign it.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:34 PM

Direct link to video: http://conservativevideos.com/2013/0...ll-legal-guns/
Old 04-13-2013, 06:58 PM

It's amazing how many people out there are so willing to give up their freedoms, and many of them don't even realize what they're doing.
Old 04-13-2013, 09:43 PM

The same type of people signed the petition to ban water: http://youtu.be/yi3erdgVVTw
Old 04-13-2013, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subscriber View Post
The same type of people signed the petition to ban water: http://youtu.be/yi3erdgVVTw
Yup, People are stupid and, if given the right bait, will sign anything including a petition to ban dihydrogen monoxide. It was explained that many people died because this chemical was improperly inhaled. People signed the petition one after another and never questioned what the chemical compound was but they signed a petition to ban: H2O, water!

I'm surprised folks aren't lining everywhere to sign a petition after this most recent shooting and the non-stop, mindless, and inaccurate press coverage, coupled with an American President taunting his Country on a daily basis. It's not gun control their ultimately after but the elimination of gun ownership and 2A.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:43 AM

We should make a petition that say they can repeal the 2A and confiscate our guns...as long as they physically go and do it themselves.

You want my guns? Fine, get in your Prius and drive to my property.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legion_1911 View Post
We should make a petition that say they can repeal the 2A and confiscate our guns...as long as they physically go and do it themselves.

Where do I sign?
Old 04-14-2013, 03:18 AM
Administrator

You'd be surprised how many people are adamant about protecting their 1st Amendment rights yet want the 2A repealed. I never realized the Constitution was a pick n' choose document. Apparently only some peoples' rights matter.
Try not to fall into the common trap of wanting to replace everything on your new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out, and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot it for at least 500 rounds, then decide what you don't like and want improved. Vintage 1911's should NEVER be refinished or modified because it ruins any value they had as a collectible firearm.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:52 PM

Quote:

Sounds good to me. I'll sign my name to that too.
Old 04-14-2013, 12:56 PM

Quote:

I'll sign but do I really have to drive a Prius?
Old 04-14-2013, 01:42 PM

All the other rights in the Bill of Right are meaningless without the 2nd. But some people don't understand this.
Old 04-14-2013, 03:43 PM

Quote:
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety,
deserve neither liberty nor safety.
B. Franklin, around 1775
Old 04-14-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajowi View Post
All the other rights in the Bill of Right are meaningless without the 2nd. But some people don't understand this.
Replace "some" with "most" and you would be, sadly, right on the mark.
www.armedcitizensnetwork.org
Old 04-14-2013, 09:11 PM

I remember a video of.a bunch of women on a college campus signing a petition to end women's suffrage. I laughed out loud at that one.
Old 04-14-2013, 09:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
You'd be surprised how many people are adamant about protecting their 1st Amendment rights yet want the 2A repealed. I never realized the Constitution was a pick n' choose document. Apparently only some peoples' rights matter.
They do ever so conveniently like to forget that we are also Americans and that our opinions and views ought to mean something. One thing I found truly loathsome was my cousin, a man who holds a masters degree saying "The Republicans had eight years and not it's out turn!" As if to imply that the rights of those that voted against the President are null and void and this attitude prevails to this day.

I recently pointed this out to a young woman I know who was playing the Pick N' Choose your rights game and her response was, "Well then that's stupid" and it was followed by, "maybe we need to repeal the second amendment!" I don't believe in hitting women but I was sorely tempted because if they can repeal the second or the first or the fifth they can easily repeal all of the others and I do not recall the pledge of allegiance having the lines "To the police state for which it stands."

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 04-15-2013, 11:49 PM

Ammendment are difficult to enact. A pettition just wont do it. The left could never get an ERA through and the right could never get an ammendment to ban abortion. There would be a further difficulty repealling one of the 10 ammendments of the BOR. Nobody has been able to cross that line.
Old 04-16-2013, 12:04 AM

I hate to be the one to point this out but how many signed an absurd petition (not the notion but the probability that it would ever do anything but help his career which it did bringing him out of a ratings slump) to deport Piers Morgan? We do it, they do it, that's simply the name of the game and like the deportation debacle 2012-2013 it will go this side of nowhere.

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, adored by little statesmen and philosophers and divines." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 04-16-2013, 12:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodadek View Post
I hate to be the one to point this out but how many signed an absurd petition (not the notion but the probability that it would ever do anything but help his career which it did bringing him out of a ratings slump) to deport Piers Morgan? We do it, they do it, that's simply the name of the game and like the deportation debacle 2012-2013 it will go this side of nowhere.
Deporting Piers Morgan = No one cares after a few days.
Disarming the entire country = SHTF for a LONG time.

And at this point the push for disarming is probably more likely that deporting Piers ever would be. The games may be similar, but the ballparks are in two different area codes.
Old 04-16-2013, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsk View Post
If it does not fit their lifestyle, they do the same thing when it comes to the most important book ever written
NRA Life Member and NO I dont do Facebook