1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 01-22-2013, 11:04 PM

The new Para "Expert"

We wanted to up the ante even further on this iconic model, all while retaining the extraordinary value. We added a beavertail grip safety, extended thumb safety, and a fiber optic front sight - making this one outstanding shooting 1911.

Expert:

*5" stainless match grade barrel
*Beavertail grip safety
*2 dot combat rear sight
*Green fiber optic front sight
*Machined barstock extractor
*Adjustable skeletonized trigger
*Extended thumb safety
*Checkered mainspring housing (25LPI)
*Polymer logo grips
*2 8 round magazines
MSRP Black Nitride $663
MSRP Stainless $713

Old 01-22-2013, 11:06 PM

Clean!!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:36 AM

Release date?
Old 01-23-2013, 08:52 AM

Nice price. Good looking pistol. Will be interested to hear the reviews.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:08 AM

Dang thats nice looking. In fact, thats exactly how I am wanting my current Expert to look like when completed!
Old 01-23-2013, 09:25 AM

Travis, is the slide and frame on the new Expert stainless as my 2012 model Expert is? If so, why doesn't the description on the tag state "Stainless" instead of just "Steel"? This is misleading.
Old 01-23-2013, 09:34 AM

Very excited about purchasing this gun. No chance for a package deal with the Expert Carry is there?!
Old 01-23-2013, 01:16 PM

I was in my local shop the other day when one of these came in! I purchased it before he could even clean the packing oil off of it! And the great part is I got it for well below MSRP because he didn't have time to realize that it was the new model! To be honest I didn't realize it either! I will post again after a little range time!
Old 01-23-2013, 02:22 PM

Thank you for the comments, gentlemen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermzzzzzzz View Post
Release date?
Shipping now.

Quote:
If so, why doesn't the description on the tag state "Stainless" instead of just "Steel"?
The black Expert (96746) has a carbon steel frame and stainless slide.
Old 01-23-2013, 02:34 PM

guess i just figured out my next purchase. lovely!
Old 01-23-2013, 08:53 PM

I'm new to the Para 1911, but I already have other 1911s.

I just bought a new Expert in SS yesterday. I was hoping to get the new and improved 2013 Expert and that's what I got. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened up the box and looked at it. It's pretty well equipped right out of the box and shouldn't need a lot of changes for my intended uses.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:11 PM

I JUST left my gun range. I went in to shoot my Sig C3 1911, and saw this new Para Expert 1911. I was trying to look it up, but all I could find is the GI Expert model. I said what the hell, and picked it up. It seemed like too good of a deal to not get it. For $580, I could not NOT get it. Looks nice. The only thing I don't like is the "loose" trigger, when compared to my self-installed Caspian Trik trigger on the Sig(smooth as butter, but no wiggle room and tight). I also don't really like the thin front sight/wide rear sight opening, but again, this is compared to my Sig, which is perfect imo. Shot 50 rounds(I ran out of my ammo, and the range ran out of ammo), and ran perfect. The feeding ramp is polished from the factory. It fed 16 rounds of Hornady Critical defense rounds perfectly.

What I want to know is whether or not the barrel bushing is steel or stainless. The finish on it looks horrible, and would rather brush and polish it.

I'll post some pics as soon as I get the chance.

I will say this, the two stock magazines that came with my Para Expert are ABSOLUTELY AMAZING. Best stock mags I have ever handled on a 1911. They also work perfectly fine on my C3's officer frame perfectly! Awesome mags!

Last edited by iggibar; 01-23-2013 at 10:13 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 10:00 PM

Fiber optic sights as standard Travis?
Old 01-25-2013, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggibar View Post

What I want to know is whether or not the barrel bushing is steel or stainless.
The bushing is machined carbon steel.

Quote:
Fiber optic sights as standard Travis?
Yes Sir! Fiber optic fronts are now standard across the board, except for the models with night sights.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:53 AM

Here's my 2013 Expert if you want a look. Changed out the trigger(temporary).

Last edited by iggibar; 01-26-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:23 AM

The new Para GI Expert looks like the older Para GI Expert ESP which is my favorite weapon!!
Old 01-27-2013, 03:21 PM

Travis - Will the extended beaver tail on this model "drop in" on the older GI experts that have the non-extended beaver tail?
Old 01-27-2013, 03:40 PM

I have never owned a Para but from what I see and the price this may be something I get into. Great looking pistol, where are these manufactured?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:28 PM

North Carolina
Old 01-27-2013, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeedlessKane View Post
Travis - Will the extended beaver tail on this model "drop in" on the older GI experts that have the non-extended beaver tail?
I was told no.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:59 AM

Well I had been wanting to buy my first 1911 for awhile now and I finally did it and found one of these on the shelf at my LGS for $559 so many choices to choose from and price ranges I didn't know what to buy or what to spend. This model fit and finish and price seemed like a good choice compared to other models, brands in the same range hopefully a good choice for 1st 1911 and to get used to the platform can't wait to shoot this week what do you experienced 1911 guys think? I not opposed to a higher end model I just jumped on this one for now thanks
Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroldlutsen View Post
Well I had been wanting to buy my first 1911 for awhile now and I finally did it and found one of these on the shelf at my LGS for $559 so many choices to choose from and price ranges I didn't know what to buy or what to spend. This model fit and finish and price seemed like a good choice compared to other models, brands in the same range hopefully a good choice for 1st 1911 and to get used to the platform can't wait to shoot this week what do you experienced 1911 guys think? I not opposed to a higher end model I just jumped on this one for now thanks
I am extremely happy with mine and my GI LTC!!!! Customer service is top notch if needed!!!
Old 01-28-2013, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farduino View Post
I am extremely happy with mine and my GI LTC!!!! Customer service is top notch if needed!!!
Yeah I'm happy so far I almost bought a rock island, but I think this looks a lot better at least to the untrained eye I shot it 8 times at the house everything worked as it should need to get to the range. The trigger while not bad had a little creep but overall is pretty good given the price range. Does this model use all the standard 1911 parts and allow upgrades in trigger and sights? Overall very happy
Old 01-29-2013, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haroldlutsen View Post
Yeah I'm happy so far I almost bought a rock island, but I think this looks a lot better at least to the untrained eye I shot it 8 times at the house everything worked as it should need to get to the range. The trigger while not bad had a little creep but overall is pretty good given the price range. Does this model use all the standard 1911 parts and allow upgrades in trigger and sights? Overall very happy
Trigger yes, sights no.
Old 01-29-2013, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by farduino View Post
Trigger yes, sights no.
The rear sight is on a dovetail couldn't it be replaced, they actually are not bad I was just thinking maybe adjustable or maybe night sights in, or maybe just shoot the hell out of it and buy another 1911 with more bling in the future