1911Forum banner

Come on, Who Doesn't Like Pictures?

40K views 84 replies 39 participants last post by  Diocoles 
#1 ·
Jut recently picked up Smith and Wesson's new Performance Center 1911. It is an awesome looking gun for sure, and I got lucky to find one. I also took the time to take some more pictures of my 1911 family. A black Smith and Wesson 1911SC E Series with black alien thin VZ grips, Wilson Combat thumb safety and beavertail grip safety, which is my EDC. Then a 9mm Kimber Ultra Carry 2 with some grips from Sarge. Enjoy!

See less See more
#19 ·
How about a pick from the rear and right side, please.
I probably won't be able to get more pictures out until the weekend, but the back is serrated for all that care.
Is it the weekend yet? We're dying for more pics, muzzle shots too.:D On S&W's website, the slide pin looks like it's recessed on the chamber-side frame too, is it?

#15 ·
It shoots about as good as it looks, if not better. I probably won't be able to get more pictures out until the weekend, but the back is serrated for all that care. The barrel bushing is certainly interesting too, I'm not sure how the design of it is supposed to help but I've read that it gives the gun overall better performance. The rounds go where I want them to, so whos to say.

#21 ·
Yes, we all like pictures!
The maple burl grips on stainless are fantastic.
I don't know whether the slide lightening cuts make a difference, but they look cool.

#24 ·
MMMM! I have wanted one for some 6 months now......are the lightening cuts annoying in the least? *I think I would be annoyed by those openings in the slide.

S&S

#25 ·
Annoying in what way? They don't affect the gun in any way except the weight. Unless you are used to press checking the gun using front serrations, that is the only thing I could think of being annoying.

#30 ·
Bigmant - How is the frame finish holding up on your new Performance Center?

I've been looking all over for that model. I finally found one at a local shop this weekend. But just from the little bit of handling it has taken at the gun counter, there are noticeable deep scratches behind the slide catch and safety. The black finish is gouged through to show what appears to be bright aluminum underneath.

The shop was asking MSRP, and would not even consider anything less...even with the obvious damage to the frame. In my area, the "street price" for most new S&W models is anywhere from $100-$300 under list price.

#34 ·
The finish does not hold up that well. I know this because my SC E series has the same frame finish as the performance series and it was scratching under the safety and slide lock. Knowing that, I've babied the Performance Center and I've been keeping the wear down to a minimum. You paying list price does seem a little high, but you can't find these right now so its not unbelievable.

To answer to Tango, I nabbed it on gunbroker.com and I paid much less than MSRP, around $1000. Great gun at an even better price. I got lucky I think though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.