1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Rock Island Armory

Old 10-24-2012, 01:35 PM

Hornady 22 TCM dies arrived today.

If you need a set, call Ben Syring at Hornady 800 338-3220 extension 261.

Old 10-25-2012, 10:11 AM

Let me know how the reloading goes!!! I've got a set on order from Lee Precision through Fred Craig.
Should be here in a month.
Old 10-25-2012, 12:02 PM

Lee Precision 3 die set ...the 3rd die is a charging die that is stamped 45acp but I see how it will work with a lee auto measure on the progressive .

These just came UPS from the Man himself in Nevada
Took 2 weeks and 2 days from the time I mailed money order till they arrived .
Tonight I will set up the progressive and put that bag of 500 bullets back into some tcm brass Ive been saving .

Fred sends you loading data and primer recommendations with the dies as well .

He supplies the original TCM bullets for $6.50 per hundred cheap enough , no more 25 dollar a box ammo for me .
Old 10-25-2012, 12:28 PM

So, I can now buy dies and reloading components? Dammit! Now I'm going to have to pick between one of these or a Desert Eagle 1911 C model...Still leaning towards the DE and I'll save up guard checks and get the TCM this summer...if only my re-up bonus wasn't pledged towards a lathe for when I start smithing and an AR build.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:28 PM

Personally, I would never lower myself to own a piece of Lee reloading equipment, but that is just me. After putting up with their junk that either doesn't work, breaks, or wears out in short order, I'll pass thank you. Even at half the price of their competitors, its not worth the hassle. After 35 years of reloading hundreds of thousands of rounds the only reloading products that have ALL failed, in one way or another, were made by Lee.

I did manage to wear out an RCBS .223 size die. It went through 55,000 rounds though.

Tony

P.S. Now is when you can jump in and tell everyone how YOUR half-priced Lee crap is the greatest.
Old 10-25-2012, 08:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyRumore View Post
Personally, I would never lower myself to own a piece of Lee reloading equipment, but that is just me. After putting up with their junk that either doesn't work, breaks, or wears out in short order, I'll pass thank you. Even at half the price of their competitors, its not worth the hassle. After 35 years of reloading hundreds of thousands of rounds the only reloading products that have ALL failed, in one way or another, were made by Lee.

I did manage to wear out an RCBS .223 size die. It went through 55,000 rounds though.

Tony

P.S. Now is when you can jump in and tell everyone how YOUR half-priced Lee crap is the greatest.
Get over yourself

Last edited by rockyraccoon; 10-25-2012 at 08:58 PM.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:08 PM

Well, I just got into reloading the last few months, so, never having done it before I didn't feel my skills justified spending the money for better equipment. I did a lot of research befor jumping in and while certainly not the best, the Lee stuff is adequate to get started. For $350 I got all the equipment to start reloading, not just a press.
I'm sure I'll eventually move up, but you have to start somewhere.
Old 10-25-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyraccoon View Post
Get over yourself
Exactly.
Old 10-26-2012, 12:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazer View Post
Well, I just got into reloading the last few months, so, never having done it before I didn't feel my skills justified spending the money for better equipment. I did a lot of research befor jumping in and while certainly not the best, the Lee stuff is adequate to get started. For $350 I got all the equipment to start reloading, not just a press.
I'm sure I'll eventually move up, but you have to start somewhere.
don't listen to the TROLL..............
but do get a good digital scale , the lee scale is not that good . I use a Frankford Arsenal digital that I got from Midway works great .
Old 10-26-2012, 06:24 AM

rockraccoon-> No worries, I didn't get a manual scale, I didn't buy a Lee "kit", I bough a lee press, dies, powder measure (pro) and it works very well so far.
I only reload a few hundred rounds a week, so wearing things out isn't a worry for a long while yet!
Old 10-26-2012, 11:46 AM

Do you have to special order the dies from Hornady or lee or is someone stocking them now? How much?? Does anyone sell the brass & bullets as well or does all that come from Craig?

thanks,

TM
Old 10-26-2012, 01:34 PM

Fred Craig in Pahrump Nevada
He will supply you with Lee Precision 3 die set ,
and load data
He also has brass , bullets and magazines available
give him a call .........
you can find his number here :

http://atomitronx.com/
Old 01-11-2013, 04:45 AM

Hi TonyRumore - any update on the dies? How do they perform and how do you like them?

Thanks.
Old 01-12-2013, 06:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy7 View Post
Hi TonyRumore - any update on the dies? How do they perform and how do you like them?

Thanks.
Here you go Billy, you can see the Lee dies in action in the youTube video on my site... http://keystoneweapon.com/Keystonewe.../10_22TCM.html

Don't worry about the troll
Old 01-13-2013, 03:10 AM

Great Video and information 22TCM reloading

[QUOTE=keystoneweaponBK;4260665]Here you go Billy, you can see the Lee dies in action in the youTube video on my site... http://keystoneweapon.com/Keystonewe.../10_22TCM.html

Hey Bill/KeystoneweaponBK, thank you!

The video is great as is the information it contains. I appreciate the heads up and cautions. I do look forward to loading up some 22TCMs.

And nice website. Keep up the good work; hope to hear more from you on your website as well as your YouTube channel.

Last edited by billy7; 01-13-2013 at 03:12 AM. Reason: edit
Old 02-16-2013, 06:41 PM

How much are the Lee dies from Fred? Has anyone tried making new cases from 5.56? I would expect the necks would have to be thinned as you are getting pretty far down into the parent case at that point!
Old 02-16-2013, 08:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooperdan View Post
How much are the Lee dies from Fred? Has anyone tried making new cases from 5.56? I would expect the necks would have to be thinned as you are getting pretty far down into the parent case at that point!
When I bought my set Fred was selling them for $75.00!!

KeystoneweaponBK has made some using his Lee die set.

COTEP Member # CBOB0152
Old 02-17-2013, 06:12 PM

I started reloading in the early 1960's.
I enjoy reloading as much as shooting.
I have two single stage presses that I bought used Mostly RCBS dies, also Hornady & Lee. Three beam scales that I enjoy more than the few eclectic scales that I used at work. I like Lee bullet molds, they work well for me.
I bought my 22TCM before Christmas and just love it. I think it is just great to shoot and look forward to forming some cases for it and working up some loadsAlso have a Colt 1927 .45ACP among others.
I have a crock pot for melting bullet lube with cake pans to pour lube into. A small cast iron fry pan to melt lead on a cloeman stove. Thank you Salvation Army.
Get what you need. New and big name equipment is nice but you can find some savings just by thinking about it. See what others have done. But always be sure you are safe.
Old 02-18-2013, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trooperdan View Post
I've been making them from .223rem casings
Old 02-18-2013, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auto Mag View Post
When I bought my set Fred was selling them for $75.00!!

KeystoneweaponBK has made some using his Lee die set.
Yeah Automag, I've made hundreds of them on my lee dies, when I talked to Fred the other day he said that ammosupplywarehouse will be handling the components and stuff from now on which kind if sucks because they were much cheaper from Freddy but still way worth loading.. I have another few hundred 40gr bullets arriving this week... I love loading and shooting this round!
Old 02-18-2013, 12:08 PM

[QUOTE=billy7;4261422]
Quote:
Originally Posted by keystoneweaponBK View Post
Here you go Billy, you can see the Lee dies in action in the youTube video on my site... http://keystoneweapon.com/Keystonewe.../10_22TCM.html

Hey Bill/KeystoneweaponBK, thank you!

The video is great as is the information it contains. I appreciate the heads up and cautions. I do look forward to loading up some 22TCMs.

And nice website. Keep up the good work; hope to hear more from you on your website as well as your YouTube channel.
Hey man, thanks!

I've been off the grid for a bit swamped in work but appreciate the nice comments and I just posted a very brief YouTube vid of making TCM from 223 brass and intend on giving more in depth "informational purposes only" stuff regarding that since I destroyed lots of brass and found out 50 ways NOT to do it and figure I can save others some aggravation. Again thanks!
Old 02-19-2013, 02:36 PM

Billy, I found your videos on youtube, thanks for making them! I think I want the full-size TCM with the 9 mm option. I think I'll try to get the dies now and start making brass!
Old 02-21-2013, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockyraccoon View Post
Fred Craig in Pahrump Nevada
He will supply you with Lee Precision 3 die set ,
and load data
He also has brass , bullets and magazines available
give him a call .........
you can find his number here :

http://atomitronx.com/
Anyone have any better contact info Mr Craig? The link provided goes to an "under construction" page only.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:25 PM

From what I understand ammo supply warehouse is handling the reloading gear and he said they would be getting more Lee dies in the summer time.
Old 02-21-2013, 07:32 PM

he's not supplying anything anymore
http://www.ammosupplywarehouse.com is the place to go and they don't have anything left except some loaded ammo or empty brass cases
looks like at least summer before any lee dies are going to be available.

this is the # for ammo supply warehouse Phone: 775-513-1058
they may be able to give you an update on the die set availability