1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 08-19-2012, 05:09 PM

Regent R350CR 45 acp

I wish Colt would offer something like this but they don't
Old 08-22-2012, 12:11 PM

I've been looking for one of these with zero luck.
Old 08-22-2012, 12:53 PM

Feel free to read over my review of this gun

Gentlemen, please feel free to read over my initial experience with this gun, under the topic section: IAC 70 series Tisas Turk review in "Other 1911s"

It's still away at the factory getting "serviced".
Old 08-22-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rspr8tr View Post
Gentlemen, please feel free to read over my initial experience with this gun, under the topic section: IAC 70 series Tisas Turk review in "Other 1911s"

It's still away at the factory getting "serviced".
The gun we are talking about is their new R350CR which is the Commander sized gun with a rail:

http://regentarms.com/products/models/r350cr.html
Old 08-22-2012, 08:56 PM

Regent R350CR

Yes, that is the opne I'm referring to. It was discussed in the other Title I listed above. I'll repost here for those unable to find it. From 8-11-12:

Just bought one of these Regent R 350CRs from a local dealer. I was impressed with what I read about it and liked it's looks. Unfortunately, that's where the love affair ends.
After field stripping it and giving it a good once over, I took it to the range this morning and experienced multiple FTFs with 4 different magazines! 2 Colt, 1 Wilson Combat, and the factory mag from Regent, as well as several failures to go to battery. I stopped counting after 15. I put a total of 100 rounds of round nose target ammo thru this today plus 10 rounds of hollow point.There would be an FTF every 3-5 rounds with each magazine. I had one of my Colt mags make it thru all 7 rounds (once)w/o a FTF. Winchester, Federal and Remmington, and had hic-cups with all of it. The gun DOES NOT like hollow points...failed to go to battery and FTF with each round, which presents a problem if using this for CC/self defense. I can't believe 4 different magazines were the problem which puts the FTFs squarely on the gun.
Needless to say I was NOT impressed. Now for accuracy, it's right up there with my Kimber! 2-2.5 inch patterns at 25 yards......very nice! However, the FTFs are a real downer. I guess I need to take it to a Smith and have the feed ramp polished and see if there is anything else that could be the issue. Right out of the box though, other than the accuracy, I can't say much positive about the operation of this firearm. Hell, my RIA performed way better than this straight out of the box!

I took it back to the dealer on 8-14-12. He was very disappointed with the performance as well, sent it back to the factory (Umarex) and we are still waiting to hear something from them.
Old 08-26-2012, 11:52 AM

Thanks for the report. Hard to know if they are all like that or if you just got a bad one. Please update once you have more info and I hope they get it running properly!
Old 08-28-2012, 05:28 PM

Clearly there will be power in numbers as to how this should be reveiwed over time. I recently picked one up and one, at first glance im in love with it as well. But we are dealing with the law of averages. If Kimber produced the same number of guns Regent has they most likely would have the same average in warranty submissions. I guess not seeing many of these "tested" I say the jurry is still out but that wasnt going to sway my purchase. I too am courius as to the result for RSPR8TR. Thanks
Old 09-06-2012, 07:45 PM

....YAWN....I'm still waiting to hear anything at all back from Umarex about my Regent 350CR, going on 3 weeks now. Am I to understand that you bought one too? Please take it out and let us know if yours performs any better than mine did.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:05 AM

Got my Regent back rom Factory

Ok, got a call this morning from the gunshop where I bought my Regent 350CR 1911. Umarex returned the gun and claimed that it had aftermarket work done to it, specifically that the "feedramp had been cut too much and did not align up properly to consistantly feed the ammo" Well, all I can say is horse-hockey!! I had that gun all of 4 days! Bought it "new" in box on a Thursday, took it to the range that Saturday, and back to the shop that following Monday. Nobody has done ANY after market work on this gun! Umarex apparently does not want to stand behind something that should have never made it out of quality control.

Now, the good news, if you want to call it that. The gunshop where I bought it is willing to have their gunsmith look at it and see if it can be salvaged/repaired or whatever, and they will pick up the cost. I'm not sure if we're allowed to mention names of shops on this forum, but I want to give these guys 5 Stars ***** for customer service to this point. At this point they are willing to accept that this gun was sent out defective and are willing to at least try to make it right (depending on what the Gunsmith says).

As for Umarex, and the Regent R350CR, purchase these at your own risk! I'm sure not all of their guns are this poorly made ( at least I would hope not) but the fact that they want to accuse a customer of tampering with something new out of the box, that's still under warranty, and not standing behind their product, throws up numerous RED FLAGS for me. I'll never reccomend them or have ANYthing good to say about them from here on out.
Old 09-07-2012, 02:32 PM

Your post did for me - I had one in my hand today - They had two at $499.00 + tax. but I am not going to bite now that I have read your post.

WARRANTY - CUSTOMER SERVICE IS #1 FOR ME!!!
"...He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment and buy one." - Jesus, Luke 22:36
COTEP Member; CBOB0695
Old 09-07-2012, 03:20 PM

Dang. I have griped about ATI customer service, but that's not good at all.
Old 09-15-2012, 06:38 PM

I have a regent 100 1911 for a few months now. Had to send it back they replaced clip and send it back with in 5 days. 300 rds no issues. Love it. Seems each manufacture has issues.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:47 AM

Just bought a c350cr, can't shoot it yet. One of the reasons I liked it was the front strap checkering. However the one I recieved had none. I didn't think they made it without. So I'm going to have to send it back, no reason I shouldn't have a stock feature.
Old 09-16-2012, 09:44 AM

Sounds like they need to be test fired as soon as you purchas it and return immediately to dealer if it has issues that can't be solved by a tweak here or there .
Old 09-16-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
Sounds like they need to be test fired as soon as you purchas it and return immediately to dealer if it has issues that can't be solved by a tweak here or there .
Or merely not purchased at all.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodadek View Post
Or merely not purchased at all.
I second that! ^^ I got mine back from the Smith that my LGS sent it to. He stated he removed a bur from the bottom of the barrel and had polished the feed ramp. Well, I took it to the range yesterday to test fire it and ........the same problems occurred again. Round nose and hollow points. Several rounds were actually pushed back into their casings from repeated attempts at pulling the slide trying to get them to chamber after a misfeed. I don't know about all their pistols, but this one was sure one hell of a lemon! Umarex has tried to pass the blame saying it was altered after it left their warehouse and thus voided the warranty. Nobody did any aftermarket work on this pistol that I bought NIB before the LGS sent it to their Smith, and that was only after getting the pistol back from Umarex saying they weren't going to do anything with it.

Umarex may have plenty of good pistols out there, but their lack of customer service in my case should cause pause among anyone thinking about buying from this company! Absolutely ridiculous!

I'm currently in negotiations with the LGS in hopes of ridding myself if this pistol. It's to the point now where I doubt I could ever trust it to the point of carrying it and being able to rely on it. Any suggestions?
Old 09-20-2012, 07:43 PM

So gun dealer acted like the c350 came with out checkering on the front strap.
So I called umarex. Wonderful support so far. I told them the problem
and they emailed me a shipping slip, should have a new gun in less than 2 weeks
Still don't know how it will perform.
Old 09-21-2012, 11:27 AM

Are you trying it out with the same ammo the GS tested it with ?
Old 09-21-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny handgun View Post
Are you trying it out with the same ammo the GS tested it with ?
I'm not sure what ammo the GS used. I used Winchester round nose target ammo and Federal HPs when I shot it Wedensday night. It's almost as if the nose of the round is getting slammed into the back of the barrel when it attempts to chamber.

I took the pistol back to the LGS today and struck a mutually agreeable deal for an in store credit towards the purchase of a new pistol. A Springfield Champion LW Operator. Cudos to the local gunshop for working with me on this and being 100% customer service oriented!

Umarex on the other hand gets a grade of "F" for passing the buck on one of their pistols that should have never left the warehouse, and basically saying "sorry 'bout your luck."

I would strongly encourage anyone considering purchasing a Umarex product to take into account my experience with their "customer service" and buy accordingly.
Old 09-22-2012, 05:17 AM

Sounds like you are dealing with a quality gun shop. At least you know Springfield will make sure your gun will work properly and not bail on you. Thanks for all the info.
Old 09-30-2012, 08:59 PM

[quote=waltersobchak] So gun dealer acted like the c350 came with out checkering on the front strap.

got my gun ran a box through it. not a single problem. ran great!

Posted from 1911forum.com App for Android
Old 10-24-2012, 09:49 AM

[QUOTE=waltersobchak;4088278]
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltersobchak
So gun dealer acted like the c350 came with out checkering on the front strap.

got my gun ran a box through it. not a single problem. ran great!

What's the latest, any updates, how is it running. I like the package that the R350CR for the price point, but i have seen very few reviews, and they seem to be about 50/50
Old 11-05-2012, 05:50 AM

I picked up a regent r350cr two Weeks ago it Wouldn't feed right with stock magazine Replaced it with a Wilson combat no problems 400 rounds over the weekend 100 around the ball ammo 300 rounds of Remington hollow points
Old 12-27-2012, 11:01 AM

I have ran only 100 rounds through mine. no malfunctions. so far I love it.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:18 PM

Another option for us dollar menu budget shooters is the new ATI railed commander model...includes Novak type sights, a threaded barrel, bottle opener, ray bans, and cake (some of these items may be a lie) and I've had such good luck with my S.A.M. Elite that I'd be inclined to give the guns they make for ATI a shot (Sans the Fatboy which a classmate has and it is a turd or the Titan which just seems to be problematic). http://www.americantactical.us/4607/detail.html Really if I had to have a railed 4-4.25" 1911 and I didn't want to do a custom build from say Caspian or pay for a Springer Champion Operator (I dislike alloy frames anyway) I'd give one of these badboys a shot.