1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Parts and Accessories Bin

Old 07-12-2012, 08:19 AM

CMC Match grade mags :-)1

So i got the mail today and tucked inside was a GIANT soft envelope from CMC custom LCC. Inside 5 brand new CMC Match grade mags with bumper pads!.

Now i\I've used CMC Shooting Star Mags for a while and they were good. fit good, felt good, well constructed. However i wondered the difference between SS and MG mags so i dug deep and spent nearly $140 for 5 of em straight from CMC.

All i have to say is WOAH!. I have Colt, Kimber pro, WC, Tripple-K. These dump on them all.

The fit, finish feed and of these decimate everything else i own. Usually i give it the old SLAP and tickle to seat my mags, Inject and smack for a proper fit, However there is no slap needed with these. I just push gently with little to no effort with a single finger and i hear a small "click" and they are in.

Loading is super easy, no need to hold down the top round with my left thumb, i can load these one handed if i brace the mag on the table *which helps because i have a left hand injury this week*.

Certainly a difference between the SS and the MG mags. I love em and feel even though im broke for the week now..........it was worth it, my Kimbers , RIA's and CD's love them!

And a plus at $28 roughly a pop they are more affordable than most WC and Kimber pro :-)
Old 07-12-2012, 08:55 AM

I'm glad you like them, but why not buy McCormick PowerMags?

http://www.brownells.com/.aspx/pid=5...POWER-MAGAZINE
Old 07-12-2012, 09:24 AM

Cause unless you have an alloy frame the regular McCormicks are all you need.
Old 07-12-2012, 09:37 AM

i do like the bumpers more on the power mags than the match. ill see if i can buy some from CMC :-) the Match bumpers are very large lol
Old 07-12-2012, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drail View Post
Cause unless you have an alloy frame the regular McCormicks are all you need.
PowerMags, Shooting Stars, and Match Grade mags all use the same follower. It is the PowerMag + that uses a different follower. My recommendation was for PowerMags. You can almost always find PowerMags for less than
Quote:
And a plus at $28 roughly a pop
that the OP paid for his Match Grade mags. Most consider the PowerMag to be McCormick's top mag.
Old 07-12-2012, 12:44 PM

well i was un-aware of this. haha the match grade was the first one i saw that looked so much better than the normal shooting star. and better it is :-) ill have to try some power mags in the future however.
Old 07-17-2012, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 19112474me View Post
However i wondered the difference between SS and MG mags so i dug deep and spent nearly $140 for 5 of em straight from CMC.

Loading is super easy, no need to hold down the top round with my left thumb, i can load these one handed if i brace the mag on the table *which helps because i have a left hand injury this week*.

And a plus at $28 roughly a pop they are more affordable than most WC and Kimber pro :-)
You could have got them cheaper if not much cheaper elsewhere.

The spring on the match grade model is stiffer than the shooting stars and may be the same spring as in the powermag. Why would loading be so easy, then? Is it easier than the shooting stars?