1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Sig Sauer

Old 07-06-2012, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by custom2 View Post
Could it be dropping through the magwell because Sigs don't have flared ejection ports? Maybe the round is hitting the slide and bouncing back into the magwell?

Curious.
Maybe. But the newer sigs do have the flared ejection port. Maybe that's why they added it?
Old 07-06-2012, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

I'm sure they added them to solve some ejection issue, maybe not this test in particular though. Who knows?
Old 07-06-2012, 09:00 PM

I think if Sig thinned the lower horizontal portion of the ejection port, it would help. The extractor and ejector combination really rake the fired brass over it. Causing the front of the brass to dent/scrape. Then Sigs other designed ejector helps also................................... Troy
Old 07-07-2012, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikegodtroll View Post
I think if Sig thinned the lower horizontal portion of the ejection port, it would help. The extractor and ejector combination really rake the fired brass over it. Causing the front of the brass to dent/scrape. Then Sigs other designed ejector helps also................................... Troy
Thats what we we're saying. The new model sigs have the ports flared out now. Someone posted a picture of a tacops on here somewhere with it.
Old 07-08-2012, 10:34 AM

Sig replaced my c3 and has the "flair" now.

"I think if Sig thinned the lower horizontal portion of the ejection port, it would help" with more ejection issues.
"The extractor and ejector combination really rake the fired brass over it" The brass takes a direct right and somewhat up direction during ejection.
" Sigs other designed ejector helps also". It has a different shaped nose and directs the brass over the "horizontal portion of the ejection port". Sig swapped one on my first c3 and it worked.

I'm thinking a "thinned the lower horizontal portion of the ejection port" would help brass clearing the port also?

Sigs thick lower horizontal portion of the ejection port;

Other 1911 with thin lower horizontal portion of the ejection port;
Old 07-08-2012, 10:56 AM
Banned

Yes, but the differences in the 2 pistols you have pictured are external vs. internal extractors; apples and oranges where 1911s are concerned.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:30 PM

Is a external extractor 1911 with a thinned lower horizontal portion of the ejection port, a apple or a orange?;

Hell, maybe the Sig is as thin as it can be. Seems like a little chamfering would help where the brass drags there?
I cant see where a external extractor makes any difference in that area........................... Troy
Old 07-08-2012, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Sig replaced my c3 and has the "flair" now.

"I think if Sig thinned the lower horizontal portion of the ejection port, it would help" with more ejection issues.
"The extractor and ejector combination really rake the fired brass over it" The brass takes a direct right and somewhat up direction during ejection.
" Sigs other designed ejector helps also". It has a different shaped nose and directs the brass over the "horizontal portion of the ejection port". Sig swapped one on my first c3 and it worked.

I'm thinking a "thinned the lower horizontal portion of the ejection port" would help brass clearing the port also?

Sigs thick lower horizontal portion of the ejection port;

Other 1911 with thin lower horizontal portion of the ejection port;
None of those are the new sig slide. The new one is major flared and thinned. Far better design then any of the ones you posted.
Old 07-08-2012, 03:51 PM

There's another angle somewhere on the site this is the only one I could find ATM. The profile has been flared and thinned.
http://forums.1911forum.com/attachme...7&d=1337972900
Old 07-08-2012, 05:09 PM

I get the "flared" portion of the ejection port. http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=368262
Like I said "Sig replaced my c3 and has the "flair" now."

This has been in regards to the lower(Bottom) horizontal(not vertical) portion of the ejection port.

I dont know about other Sig 1911's. But the brass on mine takes a direct right and somewhat up direction during ejection. The extractor and ejector combination really rake the fired brass over that area. Causing dented front section of the fired casing.
Like I said Sigs other designed ejector helps also. It kicks the brass up more to clear this area.
I think those few things could help ejecting empties .......... without the mag.

Regards
Old 07-08-2012, 05:23 PM

Quote:
I get the "flared" portion of the ejection port. http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=368262
Like I said "Sig replaced my c3 and has the "flair" now."

This has been in regards to the lower(Bottom) horizontal(not vertical) portion of the ejection port.

I dont know about other Sig 1911's. But the brass on mine takes a direct right and somewhat up direction during ejection. The extractor and ejector combination really rake the fired brass over that area. Causing dented front section of the fired casing.
Like I said Sigs other designed ejector helps also. It kicks the brass up more to clear this area.
I think those few things could help ejecting empties .......... without the mag.

Regards
I know what your referring too. My understand is the new sig slides, Carry and full size have both areas updated. Idk anything about the C3. I don't care for the compacts. Hopfully whoever posted the detailed pictures of the new tacops slides will chime in.
Old 07-09-2012, 02:49 PM
Banned

Well, it doesn't matter how high/low, thin or thick your ejection port is when the extractor is out of whack.

External and internal extractors differences are substantial. I'll PM the OP with the correct info..

Quote:
Is a external extractor 1911 with a thinned lower horizontal portion of the ejection port, a apple or a orange?;

Hell, maybe the Sig is as thin as it can be. Seems like a little chamfering would help where the brass drags there?
I cant see where a external extractor makes any difference in that area........................... Troy
Old 07-29-2012, 01:15 PM

A little update. I switched my extractor out of my tacops and ultra with an EGW heavy duty extractor. The tacops runs 100% with the 200 rds and extractor test. My ultra now runs about 98% normal shooting and 95% with the extractor test, but i only had 100 rds to put through it. Still a big improvment on both. I still need to put more roungs through the ultra. Will update again in a couple weeks.
Old 10-19-2012, 07:51 AM

Looking at getting a Sig Tacops Traditional and concerned about the extractor test, to get the pistol to pass is the switching out the extractor a necessity or has the issued been solved by Sig?
Old 10-19-2012, 11:15 AM

This is my Sig Ultra after SIG lowered the ejection port:

Old 10-19-2012, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb880 View Post

My range master performed the 1911 extractor test which is firing the gun with out a magazine in it and the empty casing should eject like normal.
Question: Is the round in the chamber hand loaded, or loaded from the magazine, then eject the magazine, then fire the round?
I have been told, for many years, that hand loading a round in the chamber is NOT healthy for the extractor.

Second Queston: Can this test be accomplished with a snap cap loaded in the chamber, without a magazine in the weapon, and pulling the slide back by hand?
Old 10-21-2012, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by razorwire View Post
Question: Is the round in the chamber hand loaded, or loaded from the magazine, then eject the magazine, then fire the round?
I have been told, for many years, that hand loading a round in the chamber is NOT healthy for the extractor.

Second Queston: Can this test be accomplished with a snap cap loaded in the chamber, without a magazine in the weapon, and pulling the slide back by hand?
Put 1 round in the mag. Put the mag in the gun and chamber the round. Take out the mag and fire the round.