1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Dan Wesson

Old 06-22-2012, 03:51 PM

Dan Wesson rz10 "10mm"

hello everyone...
i got my new dan wesson rz10 yesterday...put about 200rounds thru it...1st off the very 1st bullet wouldn't even load with the clip in it(tried double tap and hsm) both wouldn't load..i hand loaded a single bullet and shot...NOW clips will load but the bullet nose dives upwards towards the top of the barrel...grrr...FINALLY got it to cycle a clip...2 clips later gun won't slide back...grrrr..break the gun down really quick oil it up put it back together...OK now we are rolling.....Wait...still having nose dive problems...out of 200bullets had all kinds of problems....the slide getting stuck back(about 4times)....1st bullets nose diving upwards into the barrel(about 11times)...4th bullet nose diving upwards(4times) and last bullet nose diving upwards...GRRR....the gun is a sex beast but i hate guns out the box with problems...should i send it back??? or put more rounds thru it??

please help????

can this dan wesson handle full load double tap bullets???

ALSO can i put night sites on it? which ones would work for the dan wesson rz-10??

I'm new to guns sorry if i sound dumb = /
Old 06-22-2012, 03:57 PM

Sorry to hear you're having problems with your new RZ-10. You have a lot of questions that would be best answered by the good people at Dan Wesson. I would pick up the phone and give them a call: 607-336-1174
"I did, after all, have weapons. And I liked to shoot them -- especially at night, when the great blue flame would leap out, along with all that noise ... and, yes, the bullets, too. We couldn't ignore that. Big balls of lead/alloy flying around the valley at speeds up to 3700 feet per second...." -H.S.T.
Old 06-22-2012, 04:11 PM

they r closed until monday = /
Old 06-22-2012, 04:21 PM

How do you load those magazine with clips?

Load the mags up and let them sit overnight. When it gets stuck back, how far back are you talking about? Just a FTRB or before the slide touches the top round?
Old 06-22-2012, 04:49 PM

lol sorry magazines...i left the mags loaded over night.i hand cycling the MAG and now the very last bullet gets stuck = / couple of the 1st ones does as well.....the bullet gets jammed half way in the barrel..leaving about 1/4inch to 3/8 of the barrel exposed when its jammed
Old 06-22-2012, 04:56 PM

Darnit - somebody beat me to the clip joke!

Full house Double Tap loads may not be as hot as you think - if you read around, you'll find that DT has some issues with over-stating their advertised velocites. If you want real hot 10mm loads, try Underwood Ammo. The RZ-10 shouldn't have any issues handling hot stuff.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieTalent View Post
lol sorry magazines...i left the mags loaded over night.i hand cycling the MAG and now the very last bullet gets stuck = / couple of the 1st ones does as well.....the bullet gets jammed half way in the barrel..leaving about 1/4inch to 3/8 of the barrel exposed when its jammed
So it's more of a failure to return to battery than the slide locking up? Field strip it and see if the rounds will slide easily and fully into the chamber. Failure to feed when hand cycling does not mean it will fail when shooting. For whatever reason, the checkmate mag springs like to sit fully loaded at least overnight before being shot.

I am sure it is frustrating, but it will get resolved.
Old 06-22-2012, 05:47 PM

My RZ 10 is on the way back in. I LOVE it but it will not run correctly. Several members have had problems with this year's batch. Run a search and you will see the problems are similar to yours. Great thing is I think think the problems are minor. I trust Dan Wesson to address the issues. I'd run some Tripp mags and see if your problems go away in another 200 rounds. If not, send her in.
Old 06-22-2012, 07:56 PM

Well I guess I'm not alone.
I too am having problems.The slide is locking back prematurely and now the nosedive up into the barrel is happening.
The mags have been left loaded. I put 127 rounds of 4 different brands of ammo thru it.
The slide stop looks a little chewed up and I'm noticing some peening on the slide lock notch.
Guess she's going back.
And I waited sooo long. 1st. D.W., !st. 10, bummer.
Oh well I'm confident D.W. will fix things, all I have heard about customer service has been good.

Cheers
Old 06-22-2012, 09:45 PM

i'd agree send them back,there should be no reason to have to shoot more than 150 rounds to break a gun in.personally i hand lap all my stainless dw's prior to shooting them then lube the frame rails with rig+p grease and some fp-10 for good luck then cycle the slide with no clip 50 or so times just to insure everything is smooth.after that i shoot them till i run out of ammo

it is likely your slide not operating smoothly and it is throwing the timing off.with spending what we are on the guns we should not have to spend 500 in ammo to break one in.
pete
nra life member cotep#85
Old 06-22-2012, 11:01 PM

Read the Forum Rules.

Last edited by LW McVay; 06-24-2012 at 12:50 PM.
Old 06-22-2012, 11:02 PM

ps i got 2 Tripp mags coming = )..bought them lastnight
Old 06-23-2012, 12:44 AM

They don't suck. You will be a very happy man when the bugs are worked out. Keep the faith.
Old 06-23-2012, 08:24 AM

http://forum.1911forum.com/showpost....88&postcount=8
Old 06-23-2012, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grenouille View Post
Thank you for sharing. I wish more forums had something like this in their rules. Being able to communicate accurately and effectively with the written word is so important and, unfortunately, is becoming rarer and rarer due to the dumbing down of our society by things like text messaging and commercials.
"I did, after all, have weapons. And I liked to shoot them -- especially at night, when the great blue flame would leap out, along with all that noise ... and, yes, the bullets, too. We couldn't ignore that. Big balls of lead/alloy flying around the valley at speeds up to 3700 feet per second...." -H.S.T.
Old 06-23-2012, 01:00 PM

Read the Forum Rules.

Last edited by LW McVay; 06-24-2012 at 12:48 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 03:31 PM

That's an interesting attitude you have there, EddieTalent, regarding not wanting to be proficient at expressing yourself. And, I don't appreciate being called names. It's rude and bad forum etiquette. I'm sure you could have expressed yourself in such a way as to not insult other forum members, who were offering constructive criticism. And so much for that.
Old 06-23-2012, 05:53 PM

Read the Forum Rules.

Last edited by LW McVay; 06-24-2012 at 12:49 PM.
Old 06-23-2012, 09:43 PM

Quote:
im not looking for a fight
Then why say something like?:

Quote:
La Grenouille, Bosco Rivera... ...not to be lectured from two ex-teacher pets.!!! get bent
You could have always gone back and edited out your insult. And yet, you chose not to and instead remain in contradiction of your "intentions". Not looking for a fight? Seems pretty hypocritical to me. Again, you could have said the same thing without personally insulting other members here. Stuff like that isn't tolerated on a lot of public forums. As for here, we'll see...
Old 06-24-2012, 10:43 AM

OK..Thats enough of that..WHUP em out and lets measure
COTEP #0561
Old 06-24-2012, 10:46 AM

Haha! Good one.
Old 06-24-2012, 12:05 PM

Quote:
EDIT
Dan Wessons and Kimbers aren't junk.They are good pistols for the money.Much less expensive then others.If you let a good gunsmith do a reliability package on it or learn how to do it yourself you will probably be happy with your RZ-10.Mine has run flawless since day one.I did a lot of stoning and polishing before shooting it.Stainless pistols can gall sometimes and you would probably be doing your limited edition pistol a big favor by having it looked at by Dan Wesson or having a smith work on it.They are good pistols that most would be very happy to own.Ammo isn't cheap unless you load your own and you'd save money getting the pistol refined.Not trying to sound like I know it all.I don't and I have learned the hard way that I can't learn anything by not listening to people who have mastered their skill and willing to share their knowledge.You said you are well off and good at what you do,if you let someone who is good at tuning pistols work on your DW you'll be happy.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:40 PM

Quote:
EDIT
No need to get so bent out of shape. I don't believe I ever called you stupid. I posted that link simply as a reminder, because I, and evidently others, were annoyed at having to decipher your txt-talk and form what you wrote into a complete thought (the constant use of ellipses makes it very difficult to read). Granted, I don't have anything to say about the RZ-10, but I am still interested in reading about your issues with it. And what good does it do to go on a mini-rant, using vulgar language and insulting other members?

Carry on.

Old 06-24-2012, 12:49 PM
Administrator

Eddie

Read and heed the Forum Rules.

The rules are simple and will be heeded by all. Thanks.