1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 06-12-2012, 06:52 PM

Para PDA 9mm

I have a para 45, but have always wanted a PDA LDA 9mm. I was told a couple of days ago that Para will be putting a new one out end of this year or first of next year.

I was wondering if I should wait or try to find a "New in box" one. Has anyone had much experience with the PDA 9mm?
Thanks
Old 06-12-2012, 07:53 PM

I would wait. New finishes are supposed to be much better/tougher.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. What .45 do you have? I've got a 12.45 LDA.
Old 06-12-2012, 07:54 PM

I love my PDA. Had a few issues when I bought it, I think it was abused at the LGS, prior to my ownership. PARA, Travis and Tim were excellent in their service. Since I've got her back from PARA I've run another 500 through her without any trouble. If you can swing a good deal on one I personally wouldn't hesitate. The only issue right now is finding new magazines for it. I've been carrying this one everyday for the last couple of months.

Old 06-18-2012, 02:58 AM

I too love my 9mm PDA. After run in no issues with it, and I snagged a couple extramags off here a while back, makes 2 for range time and 2 for carry with good defensive ammo.

8" black circle @ 10 yds
Old 06-23-2012, 07:04 PM

I've had a PDA for a couple of years and really like it. Only thing is that I have to keep the rails well oiled. If I do that it functions flawlessly. Like it for CC during the cooler weather. It is a very accurate pistol too.
Old 07-03-2012, 10:11 PM

I have a PDA in 9mm and I hated it when I got it and thought many times about seling it. I bought it about 8 months ago in used but very good condition when it was about a year old. I had a TON of FTF's for the first three or four range sessions. Para offered to look it over under warranty and I got busy and never sent it in. I also have a 9mm Glock, and in 45 ACP a few Kmbers, a Wilson Combat Classic and an Ed Brown Special Forces Carry (Bobtail) so I just shot them and let the Para sit.

THEN, I started shooting it again, I figured out the FTFs were only happening with S&B ammo and now, over the last 5-6 weeks, it not only has been flawless in the last 10 range sessions but now I LOVE this gun. It is very accurate and I love the LDA trigger action -- it feels fantastic (it feels much different, as you would expect, than my other single action 1911s, which are great guns).

So, consider me a big fan now and I am very happy that I hung on to this gun. Everyone has different tastes and needs but, myself, I would not hesitate to pick up the older model PDA (rather than wait for the new ones) because of the great deals you can get on them when available.

Good luck in your search.
Old 12-02-2012, 10:22 AM

Put my hands on one of these at the gun shop yesterday and pulled the trigger. Never should have done that. Loved it! Had and sold my Para Carry because of feeding issues but I'm considering a PDA but $1050??? Hopefully the new management will be sending out better quality guns.
Old 12-04-2012, 06:28 PM

Para sent me an email today and said: " No sir, we no longer make the PDA. Keep watching our website for the 2013 lineup and a gun that should replace the PDA."

I guess if you own one you better hold on to it because it will probably be rare soon.