1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > New Member Introductions

Old 06-12-2012, 11:39 AM

Hello from the UK

well new forum member and already so much to see and read this really is a great forum.

Hello to all !
I'm 26 from the UK and have been a avid 1911 fan since I was about 16.
I think there the most upgradable and sexy sidearm there is.
I personally am a huge fan of the springfield armory and kimber models / upgrades.

Being from the UK I have very limited firearms usage but more lucky than some.
I have used .22LR's , .270's for hunting when I was younger shortly followed by a string of cheap mirokus when i caught the skeet fever and then later when I joined the navy I finally managed to use the strictly banned in the UK pistol
OK it was only the old browning 9mm service issue but it was a real eye opener to me , and perhaps I'm a little sad in saying this but alot of the fun wasn't just laying rounds down range but also the cleaning prepping and learning how they operate.

anyway I hope to see you around the forums and I hope you realise how lucky you all are as I will be forced into sourcing a deactivated 1911 and some inert rounds to feed my obsession
Old 06-12-2012, 11:54 AM

Welcome!
Old 06-12-2012, 08:32 PM

Hello SSB1986 and welcome to the forum.
A sad state of affairs when you have to satisfy your lust with a demil. I worked with a chap who had to turn in several S&W revolvers a few years back. The thought of it almost made me cry.
Old 06-12-2012, 08:48 PM

A hearty welcome, from across the world--- in California!
Old 06-12-2012, 10:11 PM

Should you ever get over to the States send me an email. It will me my treat to take you to the range and run through a few hundred rounds of .45acp. You've got to feel John Moses Brownings fantastic weapon as it was designed. Full power 230gr 0.451" FMJ fun. For extended range time I've got 185gr LSWC and 200gr LSWC.

Welcome to the forum,

Grumpy

"I'd rather be a hammer than a nail, yes I would, if I only could, I surely would."
Old 06-13-2012, 08:39 AM

Thanks to all for the great welcome
and I just might take you up on that Old Grumpy , I'm talking the mrs. into a shooting holiday since I had to endure one with her family last year haha.

I would really love that , I think once I got home I would be pretty blue for a few days though !

P.S I know this is just a welcome to the community thread but I'd really like to hear from everyone who has welcomed me in here to see what they own right now ?

Last edited by SSB1986; 06-13-2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: rushed message
Old 06-13-2012, 11:06 AM

Welcome! I'm new myself to this forum having only recently purchased my first 1911 - a Rock Island Armory full size GI model. Very similar to the original which is what I wanted as a history buff. Inexpensive and shoots well. Can't imagine living under your firearms laws. I live in Virginia where open carry is legal. I don't do that, but I do carry a pistol around my small farm.
Old 06-13-2012, 12:14 PM

Photo

SSB1986, as you requested, here is a photo of my full sized 1911.
Attached Thumbnails
CQB 8-3-2011 (4).jpg  

"I'd rather be a hammer than a nail, yes I would, if I only could, I surely would."
Old 06-13-2012, 12:26 PM

mate that is epic
did it come with the silver bushing or is that your handy work ?
also liking the wilson mag plate and slide
Old 06-13-2012, 01:00 PM

I meet a lot of seagoing folks from across the pond. We always discuss firearms and archery. Went on a seatrial with a delivery Capt from England and brought along a Beretta Bobcat (22lr) and a Ruger LCR (357). Told him to bring the Mrs. next time and we'll visit the stable and shoot a few Colts. Took him a second to realize I was not a crazy Yank.
Old 06-13-2012, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSB1986 View Post
mate that is epic
did it come with the silver bushing or is that your handy work ?
also liking the wilson mag plate and slide
Just as it came from Wilson. The only up-grade is a two-piece full length guide rod. The finish is Armor-Tuff with a stainless steel barrel and bushing. Check out Wilson Combat's web site if you really want to tease yourself.

Old 06-13-2012, 02:35 PM

Welcome to the forum. I also offer my sympathies for your loss of gun rights!
Old 06-16-2012, 04:28 AM

hahaha
some nice pistols there folks , thanks everyone for sharing !
it's not all bad , you can get a firearms certificate or a shotgun certificate if you can prove the requirement to warrant said license , gun clubs , hunting , farm etc
I do wish there was a way to use pistols however , not even our olympians can practice in the UK

@ rickinva and imissedagain is there any chance we can see some phots ?
Old 06-16-2012, 07:43 AM

just sent you a private message.

If you should be in germany, let me know and we can crack a few rounds at the range, if you want.
Travelling costs to Frankfurt Hahn with ryanair are not that high.

If I would have seen this earlier, I would have sent you an invite to our Shootoff last weekend.
Lots of firepower.......but we will have the shootoff next year again. Send me your contact information and I will send an invite as soon as we have the appointment setup for next year.

Here some light impressions:

I had to leave away the pics from the nude girls, but I guess the pics should be enough for getting you interested.
Old 06-16-2012, 08:59 AM

SSB1986 im with grumpy on the invite come to the states send me an email let me know when your coming I will take off from work and we will stay at the range for days. We can shoot till we are sore or we break something. We won't run out of ammo. Please come so I have a reason NOT to work.

Kevin
#1 As of thurs. may 17th 2012 at 1:32 pm central time my first 1911 kimber super match II
#2 Kimber super carry pro
#3 Kimber classic stainless
#4 Kimber ???