1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Nighthawk

Old 05-18-2012, 10:06 PM
Banned

Heine slant pro straight eights better than Novak?

Just got my GRP and I'm in love.. I have the Novak 3 dot.. just wonder if the Heine are better for accuracy?
Old 05-19-2012, 01:24 AM

I am still getting used to the Heinie sights, i have had novaks in the pask, love them but I think i am starting to favor the heinie setup. For me, what really matters more than anything is that when you align your sights there is a decent amount of air between the sides of the front sight and the rear sights. I cant stand it when there is not. I find there is little difference in accuracy between the 3 dot and straight 8. I am a little faster with the straight 8.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:56 AM

The accuracy is all up to you, no matter which sites you use. It's more about faster target acquisition. It's really just a matter of preference. I find that the Heines get me back on target quicker. Your eyes are focusing on dots that are both going to be lined up with your target. So, even if your eyes get distracted by the rear dot, you're still more likely (IMO) to be pointing in the direction you want than with the 3 dot setup. I'm used to this style setup on my Sigs and 1911's. I find myself having to "think" about it for a split second here and there when shooting my 3 dot nightsite Glock. That's purely a matter of training, but I'm more used to the one over one setup.

Even better yet (IMO) are the 10-8 blank rears. I am using that setup for the first time on my Brown Special Forces and love it. Actually thinking about swapping out my Heinie rear for a blank rear.
Old 05-19-2012, 10:44 AM
Banned

Thank you!
Old 05-29-2012, 05:34 PM

Personal preference. I dont like the Straight eights, though they are all the rage. I am a fan of the gold dot front and black rear site. I actually pick it up faster than the 3 dot. The extra dots distract me. JMHO.