1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > Legal & Political News

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2012, 04:46 PM

Obviously the NRA is being very stealthy about the purpose of these workshops.

Dear Wisconsin NRA Member:

Anti-gun activists bombarded Gander Mountain with bullying phone calls and emails regarding this week’s planned NRA-ILA Grassroots Workshops, urging them to cancel. Despite NRA-ILA’s long history of holding Grassroots- Election Workshops at Gander Mountains all over the country, and in Wisconsin, Gander Mountain has caved and canceled NRA-ILA’s Workshops at their Wausau location on Tuesday, May 15, and their Eau Claire location on Wednesday, May 16.

Despite these efforts to silence NRA-ILA and gun owners in Wisconsin, we have rescheduled these events. It is now MORE IMPORTANT THAN EVER to take a stand in support of freedom and Gov. Walker by attending one of these Workshops. Show our opponents we will not be silenced!

We encourage you to join us at these new locations and prove to these anti-gun activists that gun owners in Wisconsin will not be silenced. Now more than ever it is important that you attend one of our FREE workshops and invite every NRA member that you know to attend!

Here are the updated details:

Monday, May 14, 2012
6:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
(NO CHANGE)
Stadium View Banquet Hall & Conference Center
1963 Holmgren Way
Green Bay, WI 54304
(920) 884-3159
Old 05-16-2012, 04:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
The NRA didn't lie about anything related to the workshops, which is what they have always called these arrangements. And they have done them through GM before. They have been very open in their support of Scott Walker and why shouldn't they be since he was instrumental in getting concealed carry for Wisconsin. His opponent on the other hand is in league with Michael Bloomberg. He could not be any more anti-2A. Its hard to believe anyone would actually debate this unless they have some obvious ulterior motives. How much clearer can it be that anyone supporting the 2A, including the NRA, would obviously be supporting Scott Walker?
Exactly. Others here are turning this into a bash the NRA and defeat Scott Walker arguement. When the topic really is why did Gander Mtn cave to left wing political pressure and go back on an agreement with the NRA. Turning their backs on gun owners and potential customers in the process.
I can understand if some don't care for Walker for other reasons. I disagree with them. I would be thrilled to have him as gov of Illinois. But I don't get the attacks on the NRA. Aren't we all on the same side?
Old 05-16-2012, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbob45 View Post
.....I just like to make my decisions based on verifiable info not the opinions of others.
Really? That's all you've acknowledged so far, opinions of others, and the NRA's email after getting kicked because they didn't disclose what the "workshop" was.

Rally on man, rally on!
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-16-2012, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRJim View Post
Really? That's all you've acknowledged so far, opinions of others, and the NRA's email after getting kicked because they didn't disclose what the "workshop" was.

Rally on man, rally on!
No one has said anything worth hearing yet. If you've got nothing why are you mocking me?

Last edited by markbob45; 05-16-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Obviously the NRA is being very stealthy about the purpose of these workshops.
Huh ya, that's AFTER GM found out what they really were. It's not about anti-gun or anti-NRA, it's about the NRA not telling them the "workshops" were to basically "train" people in how to support Walker and fight the recall.

After that, who called GM and complained is hear say, but the only claim is that it was anti-Walker folks pissed off that GM was going to host the "training" sessions.

NRA-ILA is political, it's what they do.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-16-2012, 06:40 PM

Gander wasn't hosting anything. They rented a room. Hosting implies endorse, attend, sponser, actively participate. They rented a room, then reniged. Thats all.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Gander wasn't hosting anything. They rented a room. Hosting implies endorse, attend, sponser, actively participate. They rented a room, then reniged. Thats all.
They rented the room and then decided it wasn't in the best interest of their company to allow pro walker political rallies inside their stores. They have every right to do so. I am in favor of walker, but I can also understand why a company would refuse to allow political rallies with this much controversy behind them inside their business. If this was a pro gun rally as opposed to a show of support for a single person it wouldn't have been an issue.

Last edited by Mr. T; 05-16-2012 at 06:50 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
They rented the room and then decided it wasn't in the best interest of their company to allow pro walker political rallies inside their stores. They have every right to do so. I am in favor of walker, but I can also understand why a company would refuse to allow political rallies with this much controversy behind them inside their business.
That is the fairest answer I've seen in this whole thread. The others have accussed the NRA of lying, trying to mislead GM as to the purpose, being tea party /Kock bros fronts etc without backing up the slander. If GM makes a business decision so be it, it does cut both ways but its their call.
thanks
Old 05-16-2012, 07:19 PM

Quote:
They rented the room and then decided it wasn't in the best interest of their company to allow pro walker political rallies inside their stores. They have every right to do so. I am in favor of walker, but I can also understand why a company would refuse to allow political rallies with this much controversy behind them inside their business. If this was a pro gun rally as opposed to a show of support for a single person it wouldn't have been an issue.
The problem I have is they already had agreed to rent the room there to the NRA which GM apparently has done before numerous times for similar purposes. Then they caved in to union organized high pressure tactics at the last minute inconveniencing an organization that is connected to their business and that has been a friend to them. Do they have a right to do that? No question. Is it good for a business to stab a regular customer like the NRA in the back in favor of a political group that hates guns and the 2A? I sure hope they suffer some for it.
Old 05-16-2012, 09:56 PM
Banned

Quote:
That is the fairest answer I've seen in this whole thread. The others have accussed the NRA of lying, trying to mislead GM as to the purpose, being tea party /Kock bros fronts etc without backing up the slander. If GM makes a business decision so be it, it does cut both ways but its their call.
thanks
LOL! From offense, to defense, to condescending, to now being an unfairly treated victim.

HT brought up the Koch Brothers issue, from a different thread. Own it.

Scott Taestch (NRA-ILA) lied to Gander Mt. about what they were really doing. Own it.

Lie to and manipulate someone in a business deal, have them find out about it, and see what it gets you. A red-carpet invitation back in, to do more business? No, they will nicely tell you to get out, which is what Gander Mt. did when they got the truth. So, what "cuts both ways."?
Old 05-16-2012, 10:00 PM

Quote:
The problem I have is they already had agreed to rent the room there to the NRA which GM apparently has done before numerous times for similar purposes. Then they caved in to union organized high pressure tactics at the last minute inconveniencing an organization that is connected to their business and that has been a friend to them. Do they have a right to do that? No question. Is it good for a business to stab a regular customer like the NRA in the back in favor of a political group that hates guns and the 2A? I sure hope they suffer some for it.
If GM changed their mind because of outside pressure for business reasons, so be it. They can deal with the fallout good or bad.
But to some of the posters on this thread the whole thing is the NRA's fault. I still don't get the reasoning for that. I also don't get how the Kochs supposed financial contributions to the Tea Party is an evil thing, or how that becomes a reason for GM to break a deal with the NRA. The Tea Party has always conducted themselves calmly and respectfully that I have seen. That can't be said for protesters on the left. I wonder if the anti NRA and Tea Party voices here are in favor of the actions of the Wisconsin union protesters in Madison last year or the Occupy goofs.
If its a choice between the Tea Party and the NRA or the union and occupiers. I'll take the NRA & Tea Party.

Last edited by markbob45; 05-16-2012 at 10:11 PM.
Old 05-16-2012, 10:03 PM

Location: West Virginia, surrounded by good folk. Still trying to figure out the rebel flag deal in a state that fought for the Union LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEO2B View Post
LOL! From offense, to defense, to condescending, to now being an unfairly treated victim.

HT brought up the Koch Brothers issue, from a different thread. Own it.

Scott Taestch (NRA-ILA) lied to Gander Mt. about what they were really doing. Own it.

Lie to and manipulate someone in a business deal, have them find out about it, and see what it gets you. A red-carpet invitation back in, to do more business? No, they will nicely tell you to get out, which is what Gander Mt. did when they got the truth. So, what "cuts both ways."?
Guy, you need to relax. Your making this thread way more personal than it needs to be.
"Only two things in this world keeps a chickens ass off the ground and its not wings"
Old 05-16-2012, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivePanama View Post
Guy, you need to relax. Your making this thread way more personal than it needs to be.
Yo Drive, trolls never relax.

Old 05-16-2012, 10:27 PM

Location: West Virginia, surrounded by good folk. Still trying to figure out the rebel flag deal in a state that fought for the Union LOL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by master gunner View Post
Yo Drive, trolls never relax.

Good point MG, thanks for tightening up my shot group on this one.
"Only two things in this world keeps a chickens ass off the ground and its not wings"
Old 05-16-2012, 11:13 PM

Quote:
Firearms enthusiasts and firearm hunters are only part of GM's target market. They also cater to people who bow hunt, camp, fish, etc. These people may not be NRA/firearm/Walker supporters. Therefore, I can see why GM as a company would not allow pro-Walker political rallies in their stores.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Do you have anything to back that up?
Old 05-17-2012, 07:17 AM

Quote:
Firearms enthusiasts and firearm hunters are only part of GM's target market. They also cater to people who bow hunt, camp, fish, etc. These people may not be NRA/firearm/Walker supporters. Therefore, I can see why GM as a company would not allow pro-Walker political rallies in their stores.
I am trying to be fair with your comments but this is fast approaching spin level. Based on what I read I would not classify what they were doing as a "rally" at all. It was something designed to explain to attendees about how to involve themselves in helping a candidate that is clearly pro 2A vs someone who is clearly not and it wasn't in the store itself. It was in a private room. Do you actually think the phone calls and emails received by GM were not part of a paid phone bank and completely organized? This was not some uprising by legitimate GM customers. If GM didn't want the NRA in their store then they should not have rented the room to begin with which apparently has been a common practice.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:28 AM
Banned

Guy, your condescension is pretty cool.

A quick eval. has nothing to do with personal, it's part of the landscape and is easily readable with reading comprehension; electronic dog piles and tag teams. Child's play in the NRA political field.

Troll: a supernatural being in Norse mythology and Scandinavian folklore. In origin, one of the meanings of the term troll was a negative synonym for a jötunn (plural jötnar), a being in Norse mythology, although the word was also used about witches, berserkers and various other evil magical figures.

Nope, have not seen any trolls around here, other than those trying to drum up contributions.

Speaking of contributions; check my sig. line and donate to the cause of a great American, a good friend who is also an NRA supporter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivePanama View Post
Old 05-17-2012, 07:31 AM
Banned

Oh, I see. Sounds like you were there and you have an inside track on the WI Gander Mountain stores and their NRA-ILA guy. Go on, do tell.

A paid and organized phone bank-you MUST believe it was Teamsters from outside of WI, right?

Quote:
It was something designed to explain to attendees about how to involve themselves in helping a candidate that is clearly pro 2A vs someone who is clearly not and it wasn't in the store itself. It was in a private room. Do you actually think the phone calls and emails received by GM were not part of a paid phone bank and completely organized? This was not some uprising by legitimate GM customers. If GM didn't want the NRA in their store then they should not have rented the room to begin with which apparently has been a common practice.
Old 05-17-2012, 07:42 AM

Yeah, I'm sure the NRA made the whole thing up. I think anyone who has followed the big money union effort to unseat Walker including their destructive marches damaging public property and the like understands what happened in this incident.

Troll on .... .

Quote:
Oh, I see. Sounds like you were there and you have an inside track on the WI Gander Mountain stores and their NRA-ILA guy. Go on, do tell.

A paid and organized phone bank-you MUST believe it was Teamsters from outside of WI, right?
Closed Thread