1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > 2A Legal & Political News ONLY

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by markbob45 View Post
If GM allows/rents use of space to one group, the way to remain neutral is to allow/rent use of space to the other. Equal time per say.
Another option would be to refuse to rent time/space to political movements in general.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRJim View Post
A business is in the business of doing business, not pitting customers against each other or against them over political differences. That's bad business.

The NRA tried to hole a political rallies in their stores and pass them off as generic "grass roots workshops" and Gander Mountain found out from political opponents of Walker, so they pulled the plug. I don't blame them for not wanting to be part of something that is polarizing to their customers and deceitful to them.

And the NRA's tactics have worked again. This thread demonstrates how effective it is for them to say the words "anti gun" and deceive people into turning on GM. It's what they do well, and it's funny to see how easy it is for them to get people to snap right in line for them.

Very well put!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:42 PM

As a Wisconsinite, I can tell you that politics gets WAY out of hand here. I lean right, but I have many friends and family who are lefties. It is not atypical to hear someone screaming bloody murder about someone who disagreed with them politically. It's kind of ridiculous.

That being said, I think it's a very poor business move for GM to make. I live very close to their "gun world" store, and whenever I go there I see nothing but pick up trucks with NRA stickers.

That being said, their ammo is way too expensive. Nearly 33% more than the LGS & Range I go to in Waukesha, WI. As a conservative, I make it a point to avoid "big box" retailers in general... Even better if I can throw a couple extra bucks to the LGS where I go to practice..
Old 05-15-2012, 01:44 PM

Quote:
If Wisconsin was left alone to work out its issues from within Walker would not be in this recall election. Its the union thugs from around the country who have turned this into a huge battle. I have no doubt the same forces are at work trying to shut down free speech that opposes them and intimidateing GM is just one of the tactics. GM needs to ignore them not cave to them.
I was just reading a union based leftist propaganda blogsite and they mentioned GM. They were attempting to demonize GM by linking them with another big union/Democrat villain/boogyman, the Koch Brothers. These people are shameless and will destroy businesses and jobs just to keep their people in power. But they understand the power of propaganda.

Here is a sample of what I was reading:

Think of it, at any point in time, the Koch Brothers maintain what is essentially a national distribution infrastructure of guns and weapons through their Gander Mountain outlets. Wow!
Old 05-15-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
If GM allows/rents use of space to one group, the way to remain neutral is to allow/rent use of space to the other. Equal time per say.
And? Is some other groups also using their building for an equally as political of an event? If so, it's not mentioned here, or anywhere else.

So it's only equal in hypothetical world, not the real world today.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson
Old 05-15-2012, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. T View Post
Another option would be to refuse to rent time/space to political movements in general.
Isn't that what they're doing, and being blasted for here, now that they found out that's what the NRA "workshop" really is? The answer, yes, but most everyone has put on their NRA blinders and are falling in to their twisted campaign against GM.

And I will reiterate, I don't like GM, but it's not about Gander Mountain as a business, it's about Gander Mountain saying "no" to a political organization using the business as a political "training ground" in a heated issue. Had the NRA been completely transparent with them, they likely would have said "no" right up front as one would expect any responsible business to do.
"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it." -- Thomas Jefferson

Last edited by SRJim; 05-15-2012 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:51 PM

Wake up folks. The protests in Wisconsin last year was the beginning of the occupy wall street mob. If these people are successful in Wisconsin thet will bring the same tactics anywhere fiscal sanity is tried. I believe they will get louder and more violent. The mess in Europe is coming here. GM proved to them that intimidation works.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HT77 View Post
I was just reading a union based leftist propaganda blogsite and they mentioned GM. They were attempting to demonize GM by linking them with another big union/Democrat villain/boogyman, the Koch Brothers. These people are shameless and will destroy businesses and jobs just to keep their people in power. But they understand the power of propaganda.

Here is a sample of what I was reading:

Think of it, at any point in time, the Koch Brothers maintain what is essentially a national distribution infrastructure of guns and weapons through their Gander Mountain outlets. Wow!

Uh??? The Koch's have for decades been huge supporters of "conservative" organizations, think tanks, movements etc.
Old 05-15-2012, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Isn't that what they're doing, and being blasted for here, now that they found out that's what the NRA "workshop" really is?
Exactly
Old 05-15-2012, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Uh??? The Koch's have for decades been huge supporters of "conservative" organizations, think tanks, movements etc.
That may be. Which of those organizations has used social unrest, violence and looting as a tactic. Intelegent discusions and persuasion with facts is not the same as breaking windows, tipping over cars, and threatening businesses.
You can't compare the Heritage Foundation or the Tea Party with Moveon.org or Occupy Wallstreet.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:00 PM

Quote:
That may be. Which of those organizations has used social unrest, violence and looting as a tactic. Intelegent discusions and persuasion with facts is not the same as breaking windows, tipping over cars, and threatening businesses.
You can't compare the Heritage Foundation or the Tea Party with Moveon.org or Occupy Wallstreet.
Huh? You've lost me. Who's tying the Koch's to "social unrest, violance and looting..." And what do they or any of that have to do with this issue of the NRA trying to sneak one past Gander Mountain?
Old 05-15-2012, 02:09 PM

Quote:
Yes they are but they are also people that the Left loves to demonize. If you're a liberal what better way to demonize Gander Mountain than to claim they are tools of the Koch Brothers. That is why I pulled that quote up. Its an indication of the type of pressure the union fascists are putting on GM. This is what these people do. Remember the troll/tool box on here yesterday in that other thread claiming the Tea Party was just a "front for the Koch Brothers".
Old 05-15-2012, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordofbarbeque View Post
I don't care for GM anyway. They always have the highest prices.
I see we been to the same one. They are just plain nut's with the their sky high price's. I'll go and fondle their gun's since they have no trigger lock so I can dry fire them. I buy most of my handgun's from Academy Sport's, Ft. Thompson and Don's Weaponary $50-100 cheaper than Gander.

You would think as much revenue as Gander revieve's from shooting sport's they would have told them to stick it where the sun don't shine. That just made me even more anti-Gander.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:13 PM

[QUOTE=SRJim;3871483]And? Is some other groups also using their building for an equally as political of an event? If so, it's not mentioned here, or anywhere else.

I have no idea. My point is if they wish to the should have access to the space as well. That to me would be a better solution than denying access. Thats all.

Last edited by markbob45; 05-15-2012 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:
I have no idea. My point is if they wish to the should have access to the space as well. That to me would be a better solution than denying access. Thats all.
That doens't make sense for any business to support "radical" or controversial political events by allowing them to use their store, no matter what side.

The problem is that they tried to stay out and the NRA has called for an all out assualt on GM because they didn't get away with sneaking in their "training rallies" by calling them "grassroots workshops".

Quote:
You brought up the Kochs sir. If I misinterpreted your point my apologies. My point is to the best of my knowledge they are not supporting anti social behavior, just discussion of the issues. Correct me if I'm wrong.
No, HT77 brought up the Koch's, then I responded to him then you responded to me with all the social unrest out of left field stuff.....
Old 05-15-2012, 02:34 PM

I'll leave it as this, since there are those that get it, and those that are under the NRA's spell.

The title of this thread is wrong. GM made a smart decision after finding out the NRA wasn't telling them truth about what they were doing with their "workshops". It's political, not anti-gun, but the NRA knows how to push some of y'alls buttons.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:37 PM

Quote:
That doens't make sense for any business to support "radical" or controversial political events by allowing them to use their store, no matter what side.

The problem is that they tried to stay out and the NRA has called for an all out assualt on GM because they didn't get away with sneaking in their "training rallies" by calling them "grassroots workshops".

No, HT77 brought up the Koch's, then I responded to him then you responded to me with all the social unrest out of left field stuff.....
You are correct. After rereading I saw I was mistaken and deleted that portion of my post. Apologies

Last edited by markbob45; 05-15-2012 at 02:42 PM.
Old 05-15-2012, 02:48 PM

Quote:
I'll leave it as this, since there are those that get it, and those that are under the NRA's spell.

The title of this thread is wrong. GM made a smart decision after finding out the NRA wasn't telling them truth about what they were doing with their "workshops". It's political, not anti-gun, but the NRA knows how to push some of y'alls buttons.
SR, I am not an NRA kool aid drinker, but businesses like Gander Mountain need to get more involved, not less involved, in politics to protect their interests. If Walker loses, it will result in an anti-2A governor being in office, Tom Barrett. As mayor of Milwaukee, Barrett was a member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, which of course was started by that great supporter of the 2A, Michael Bloomberg. Is there any wonder why they were attempting to support Scott Walker considering the alternative? Gun owners and gun businesses need to sharpen up, get involved, and know their friends and their enemies.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:44 PM

Sent them an email on their website customer feedback:

"Read it and weep:

http://forums.1911forum.com/showthread.php?t=367394 "
Old 05-15-2012, 03:51 PM

Master gunner your link went back to OP #1 was that your intent?
Old 05-15-2012, 04:08 PM

Quote:
SR, I am not an NRA kool aid drinker, but businesses like Gander Mountain need to get more involved, not less involved, in politics to protect their interests.
I disagree that they should get publicly involved with "that" kind of politics. The NRA was not up front about what they were doing. GM or any business has the choice to let their place be used for political purposes or not. The smart thing to do is the right thing for their business, keep their stores in business, not politics. They can be involved in politics, but they should not at the store and customer facing level, that's what Corp. suits are for.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:22 PM
Banned

I shop Gander's parking lot, buying used firearms on their way in.

BTW-it was not anti-gun people who called Gander. It was anti-Scott Walker people who called.

Walker has NEVER been a hunter/shooter/sportsman of any sort, and it's bizzare that NRA-ILA is organizing these "rallies" to support him. Never seen him once at ANY Friends of NRA, or NRA banquets. EVER.

If you want to support someone under indictment in Federal "John Doe" investigations, and most probably be asked to donate to his Defense Fund
(the first Wiscosnin Gov. to do so in over 160 years.), and his recall/election campaign fund which is at $23 Million now? Welcome...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jh45gun View Post
CHANGE IN VENUE FOR NRA-ILA WORKSHOPS!
Host Venue Caves to Anti-gun Pressure and Cancels
[b]Dear Wisconsin NRA Member:
Anti-gun activists bombarded Gander Mountain
Old 05-15-2012, 04:25 PM

Walker pushed for and signed the concealed carry bill into law in Wisconsin. Thats progun enough for me. I wish we had him here in Illinois
Old 05-15-2012, 04:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
SR, I am not an NRA kool aid drinker, but businesses like Gander Mountain need to get more involved, not less involved, in politics to protect their interests. If Walker loses, it will result in an anti-2A governor being in office, Tom Barrett. As mayor of Milwaukee, Barrett was a member of Mayors Against Illegal Guns, which of course was started by that great supporter of the 2A, Michael Bloomberg. Is there any wonder why they were attempting to support Scott Walker considering the alternative? Gun owners and gun businesses need to sharpen up, get involved, and know their friends and their enemies.

At the same time Scott Walker was THE County Executive, of Milwaukee County-he never opposed Barret then, OR spoke FOR 2A rights! NEVER.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:34 PM
Banned

Quote:
Yes they are but they are also people that the Left loves to demonize. If you're a liberal what better way to demonize Gander Mountain than to claim they are tools of the Koch Brothers. That is why I pulled that quote up. Its an indication of the type of pressure the union fascists are putting on GM. This is what these people do. Remember the troll/tool box on here yesterday in that other thread claiming the Tea Party was just a "front for the Koch Brothers".
Yup, check out the documentary

http://www.billionairesteaparty.com/

I didn't make it, I don't make any money from it. It's an undercover guy who made the film and exposes the ins and outs of Koch Brothers direct monetary support of a supposed grass roots organization. Watch the movie-the Tea Party folks tell you themselves on film!! It's great!

However, this is the first I've heard of a relation between them and Gander Mountain. Support with a link please...
Closed Thread