1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Wilson Combat

Old 05-05-2012, 10:57 AM

Like to see the barrel front and sides
Old 05-05-2012, 11:05 AM

Sweet looking piece! You will love that gold bead front sight! I notice the chamfer on the bottom of the slide looks extreme (it may just be the angle of the photo). Did you request it? I like it.

Please post photos and a range report.
Wilson Combat Firearms: CQB Elite Turnbull Blue / Case Hardened .45, CQB .45, Lightweight Protector Compact .45, CQB Tactical LE.45, CQB-C .45, Stealth .45, Sentinel .45, Colt Custom .45, High-Cap Championship Special .38 Super Race Gun, Spec Ops 9, Scattergun Tech. TR-870 12 ga., UT-15 .223 with W/C .22 Upper, OD ADP 9mm, WC .22 1911 conversion
Old 05-05-2012, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highgear View Post
Sweet looking piece! You will love that gold bead front sight! I notice the chamfer on the bottom of the slide looks extreme (it may just be the angle of the photo). Did you request it? I like it.

Please post photos and a range report.
Requested it. I usually ride my thumbs up high and feels better as slide goes by when they rub.

I'll get more pics when done cleaning. That American Eagle and Atlanta Arms is DIRTY!!!!
Need to find cleaner stuff.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:30 AM

That's a beautiful piece. Love the front serration delete and fluted chamber. Just gorgeous
Old 05-05-2012, 01:02 PM

Atlas, great looking gun. Almost identical to what I am dreaming of!!!

I too would like a pic of the front bushing area, very interested to see how the flat spring looks with the bushing.

Also, wondering if you are able to remove the magwell if you need? I want one on my gun but think there will also be time where I do not want it...like for carry.

Thanks!!!
Old 05-05-2012, 01:59 PM

Alright. All cleaned up. I'll post some required dirty then clean. Hope I show what was requested. And please, yes the gun was clear and safety checked. Even after I finished cleaning it. LOL
As for some of the questions, there was no shock buffer installed. As for the flat wire spring and bushing, not sure I notice any difference from a normal BP bushing? This is my first 1911 so I'm not the best authority on what's different.
Dirty:

Old 05-05-2012, 02:02 PM

All cleaned up:

Thanks for looking.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:03 PM

(L)Grip Panel

Atlas Great looking Wilson...but is it me or is the left panel of your grips that is flawed!!!!I believe it should be beveled out for your thumb,not a hash mark..maybe wilson will send you another pair free of charge...other wise great looking gun....I surprised george did'nt catch that...
Old 05-06-2012, 08:09 PM

Thanks. As for the grip, It is scalloped but not sure what you mean. Do you have a picture for comparison?
Old 05-06-2012, 08:20 PM

Are those scrapes on the top of the barrel normal?
Old 05-06-2012, 08:24 PM

On the chamber top? Not sure, I'm not crazy about them but George said just to keep an eye on it as maybe from a tight fit. I'll send some pics to Wilson this week. Only 650 rounds and was very well lubed every 100 rounds. Kind of kills the fluted chamber look but seems to shoot fine.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:28 PM

It is normal. When the gun cycles the top of the chamber rubs the locking lugs in the slide. It can be lessened but there is almost always wear there.
Old 05-06-2012, 08:35 PM

WCR, thank you. Im glad to hear that. The pistol functions great and is VERY accurate. I'm enjoying it far too much to imagine sending it back.
Old 05-06-2012, 10:06 PM

I love seeing guns with no front cocking serrations.

wilson combat tactical L.E., Browning hi power, Gemini customs GP100, Springfield XDS, mossberg 500
Old 05-07-2012, 12:13 AM

Thats beautiful!
Old 05-07-2012, 08:01 AM

Rear of the ejection port are normal. Forward, not so much.

wilson combat tactical L.E., Browning hi power, Gemini customs GP100, Springfield XDS, mossberg 500
Old 05-07-2012, 11:54 AM

Wow, I've seen tons of posts before where someone says, "you have good taste, that's exactly how I'd spec it", and never really thought much of them, but holy cow...you literally have a CQB I would order the exact replica of. From the fluted chamber to the Wilson Combat script, it's exactly how I'd spec it.

Thanks for posting, I can live vicariously through the pics of that sexy beast. Thanks for posting, good luck with the ejection marks, never seen them on the top of the slide like that before
-Alchemy Custom Target-
Old 05-07-2012, 09:53 PM

Atlas, that really is a beautiful pistol! Like Rookie said, there is usually something about a pistol someone posts a picture of that I can say "hmmmmmm, I'd do that differently." With that pistol of yours, it's just the way I'd order it...and maybe will! Need to know, who is George (sounds like a good guy to know) and what is GS? Thanks in advance and again, that is a beautiful weapon! kstart
Old 05-07-2012, 10:11 PM

Thanks guys. There are a lot of options to mull over on Wilson's order sheets, but for me, I wanted a great looking CQB that was functional. No safe Queen but more of a well groomed workhorse. Lol
Old 05-07-2012, 10:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kstart View Post
Atlas, that really is a beautiful pistol! Like Rookie said, there is usually something about a pistol someone posts a picture of that I can say "hmmmmmm, I'd do that differently." With that pistol of yours, it's just the way I'd order it...and maybe will! Need to know, who is George (sounds like a good guy to know) and what is GS? Thanks in advance and again, that is a beautiful weapon! kstart
George is the owner of Gunslingers, you can find them here. I have personally never worked with him but have heard many good things.