1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > New Member Introductions

Old 05-02-2012, 03:18 PM

Hey from Florida

Hi all, FNG from Tampa, Florida. Been shooting since I was a kid and my first gun was a 1911 (still have it) and after 20 years I'm finally looking to build one and learn all I can so here I am. Lurk all the time on various forums but decided to sign up here since this board always comes up when I'm searching for info.

My plan is to acquire an AMT hardballer longslide or possibly javelina and tweak it all out. If you're going to go longslide, why stop at 6"? LOL

My 1911 collection is tiny and consists of my old colt series 80 completely stock, an auto ordnance army model that's probably the loosest 1911 you'll ever see, a colt/umarex/walther/whatever .22 plinker and a kimber ultra shadow II le that's been extensively worked over.

Looking forward to losing many hours of sleep reading!
Cheers
Chris
Old 05-02-2012, 03:34 PM

Welcome from the other coast of Fl. You came to the right place, a lot of knowledge here!!!!
Old 05-02-2012, 04:39 PM

Welcome from N of you.
Old 05-02-2012, 05:31 PM

Welcome,I am new to this forum as well. I also want to build a longslide 1911, but w/ a high capacity frame. You ever venture up to Hernando Sportsman CLub?
Old 05-02-2012, 05:52 PM

Welcome to the board. I am down in Parrish FL just south of you! Always keep in mind, this board loves pictures... of even old stock colt 80 series 1911s.
Old 05-02-2012, 09:31 PM

oh yeah just a heads up, there is an AMT hardballer 7" on florida gun trader as we speak.
Old 05-04-2012, 12:21 PM

Thanks all for the warm welcome!

George, I've only been up to HSC once since it's a bit of a hike for me to check out an IDPA event. It was great, I just get strained for time so stick to the local indoor ranges (shooting sports mostly) punching holes in paper when i can.

Brandan,
Thanks for the heads up, I saw that ad. Guy is trying to flip the gun. I saw the ad previous to it, looks like exact same gun. That guy wanted $1k and apparently got it since this guy wants 1200. Both insane. I'm not very patient but I am overspending averse and that usually wins. LOL
Old 05-04-2012, 05:28 PM

Welcome. Im new from Florida as well.