1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Parts and Accessories Bin

Old 04-30-2012, 06:12 PM

Location: St. Louis to Fort McClellan to Fort Lewis and stayed in the Evergreen State
XS front sight blew up while shooting

Well I picked up a Springfield Compact 4" barrel lightweight "officer" frame and put a set of XS small dot sights on it to check them out. I have only had the sights on for a month and a half. I have shot about 50 or so rounds all together through it since the sights have been on. This last Sat. I tried to put a couple magazines through before I took it with me on vacation and half way through the second mag, I saw something flash by my face. I thought it was the front sight but I looked and it was still there. I finished my range time and went home. Today I took a closer look and saw that the front half of the sight was gone

I had it put on by a Gunsmith so he said just bring it in and he would square me away but I am kinda not happy about how quick they broke on me. I'm almost considering just putting a Dawson front sight on it and calling it good. I

I don't like the sight picture now, even with covering the target with the dot like they are designed, the impact is way low.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:49 PM

I ran a 24/7 XS for years and never had a problem........Gremlins!
Old 04-30-2012, 08:16 PM

I have a guy like you that works for me.

He's the luckiest guy I know.

Sadly, all of it's BAD luck!

Keeping That In Mind, It Is "WE THE PEOPLE, not You The Government".