1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Sig Sauer

Old 04-29-2012, 08:44 PM

Sig Scorpion 1911

Hi! This is my first 1911 and I thought I would introduce myself... My name is Kawai and I am a full time student. I am pursuing a degree in nursing (BSN). Now lets get to the gun.... I've always wanted a 1911, but never quite know which one to choose from until I saw this one. I have always owned a firearm that was in black, this was by far out of the norm for me. But I love it none-the-less!!

Had to change out the trigger and the hammer... I didn't think it flowed with the silver trigger and hammer look. So I got these instead...

STI Trigger
Wilson Combat Hammer

The gun shoots awesome!!! But I do have a question for you experts. I have put about 200 rds through it yesterday. Using Remington UMC and PMC ammunition. Towards the end of the session, I had about 2 misfeeds and a few fail to eject.... Is there a break in period or should I send it back?? Thanks in advance!
Old 04-29-2012, 09:19 PM

Who did the install of the parts?
Old 04-29-2012, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmurfHunter View Post
Who did the install of the parts?
The place where I bought it from.
Old 04-29-2012, 10:09 PM

Love the new black bits! I've often thought the tacops would look better with similar changes. Does not having them installed at Sig affect the warranty at all?
Old 04-29-2012, 10:15 PM

black bits complete the package most definately. sorry to hear about the failures. Hope they get straightened out
Old 04-29-2012, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by russellh86 View Post
Love the new black bits! I've often thought the tacops would look better with similar changes. Does not having them installed at Sig affect the warranty at all?
Thanks! I'll give them a call tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbigg214 View Post
black bits complete the package most definitely. sorry to hear about the failures. Hope they get straightened out
Thanks! I was just wondering if anyone else have this issue.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:39 PM

Well about 200rds in a session it might have just been a little dirty or a little dry. Could be as simple as slapping a little lube on it and keeping it moving.
Old 04-30-2012, 02:26 AM

The black parts look good. I like my flat trigger, though...might need to look for one in black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGmanfrued View Post
Well about 200rds in a session it might have just been a little dirty or a little dry. Could be as simple as slapping a little lube on it and keeping it moving.
Agreed. One failure to feed happened with my new Carry Scorpion the other day. I had only put 150 rounds through it before last week. Then I put 4 boxes through it in one session. I think it was a little dry and a little dirty.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:17 AM

The flat silver trigger always bothered me on the scorpion, the black looks awesome!
Old 04-30-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIGmanfrued View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdBlood View Post
The black parts look good. I like my flat trigger, though...might need to look for one in black.

Agreed. One failure to feed happened with my new Carry Scorpion the other day. I had only put 150 rounds through it before last week. Then I put 4 boxes through it in one session. I think it was a little dry and a little dirty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoley View Post
The flat silver trigger always bothered me on the scorpion, the black looks awesome!
Thanks everyone!!! I will try to go back out to the range this weekend and put a few more rounds through it and see what will happen.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:29 PM

What exact trigger size is it? Is it the one designed for single stack 1911's? I'm thinking about getting a black one too, but I'm unsure of the design
Old 04-30-2012, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmokin99 View Post
What exact trigger size is it? Is it the one designed for single stack 1911's? I'm thinking about getting a black one too, but I'm unsure of the design
This is not where I got it from, but it does have a good picture to show you.

http://1911store.com/browseproducts/...gger--STI.HTML

So I got the STI long curved and I had the gunsmith adjust it to a 3lbs pull.

There is also a Wilson Combat one that is pretty cool as well....

http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Trigger-...ductinfo/190B/

Love to see which one you decide! Good luck!