1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > Tactics & Personal Defense

Old 04-30-2012, 08:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColtRG100 View Post
well going back to the original point of this thread... the only unfair fight is the one you lose. even if its in a ring with rules and a ref. obviously someone has an advantage which would then make the fight unfair to someone. otherwise there would be no winner.

and if you do carry a good quote to live by is "speak softly and carry a big stick". basically dont give anyone a reason to attack you, but have the ability to defend yourself if the situation ever occurs.

and since it was brought up. zimmerman should never be convicted of the murder 2 charge. he did not show malicious intent therefore a murder was not commited. the prosecutor knew this when they charged him with murder 2 instead of manslaughter. if they really wanted a conviction they would have charged him with manslaughter. they do not want him to go to jail but had to at least do something because the media blew the whole thing out of proportion.

nope she did this to get him to cop to Manslaughter and watch if faced with 15 to life in a roll the dice jury trail he does not take. I think he takes that plea. Be willing to bet you

Last edited by James&thegiant1911; 04-30-2012 at 09:41 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James&thegiant1911 View Post
Be willing to beat you

Careful of the typo's.

Keeping That In Mind, It Is "WE THE PEOPLE, not You The Government".
Old 04-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonHyphenAmerican View Post
Careful of the typo's.
haha yeah good catch......
Old 04-30-2012, 09:50 PM

Quote:
haha yeah good catch......
See, the folks here seem to be folks I'd take as neighbors.

Not the type of folks to see a typo like that and consider it a threat of any proportion.

Like me, they'd take it for what it was, a simple typo.

A viable threat on the other hand would be "Honored" as it should be.

Old 04-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by NonHyphenAmerican View Post
See, the folks here seem to be folks I'd take as neighbors.

Not the type of folks to see a typo like that and consider it a threat of any proportion.

Like me, they'd take it for what it was, a simple typo.
I typo a lot have big fingers, so one time I typed like in a way that made it seem like some sort of racial thing. Got banned from an apple site in like 2 seconds. I still think they thought it was an actual slur I meant to say instead of a typo. Oh well......
Old 04-30-2012, 09:56 PM

Sometimes, even though I do sales for my company and know how to talk like a 35 years salesman, I do while talking what you do typing and it's what my Mama allus called .......

"Getting your tongue hooked up over your eyeteeth so you can't see what you're sayin!"

Last edited by NonHyphenAmerican; 04-30-2012 at 10:18 PM.
Old 04-30-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1911FiX View Post
I was talking to some folks at a business convention (that had nothing to do with guns) the other day and somehow the subject of self-defense came up.

It surprises me (but maybe it shouldn't) that some people idealistically and mistakenly believe in maintaining a fair fight even in the case of life-threatening self-defense.

I should qualify beforehand, this discussion did not have anything to do with the prelude to the fight - e.g. how it started, who started it, etc.

Anyway, my detractors' general view was that if someone is beating you with his fists, you should certainly defend yourself but you do so only with your fists, and you don't escalate and pull a knife or a gun (if you had such).

Similarly if someone comes at you with a knife, you use a bat or such but you don't pull a gun.

I get the sense that these folks have never been in a real fight for their lives. Anyway, I didn't spend more than a couple of minutes on the topic before giving up trying to get through to them. But I found it too disturbing and incredulous not to post and get it off my chest.

I think these are the same folks that think we should "shoot to wound" or that we should hunt animals with our bare hands.

Mods - feel free to remove this post if it doesn't add any value and only comes across as a rant.
I subscribe to the Force plus One modicum. He pulls a knife you pull a gun...or what I call "the Chicago Way" Bonus points if you know what that is in reference too. LOL

If you are fighting fair you need to review and/or change your tactics.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:04 PM

Isn't that Sean connery in " the untouchables "?
Old 04-30-2012, 11:15 PM

Location: Where the Kaw meets the Mighty Mo (but I've been everywhere, Man)
Keepin' it "P.C."

Alram14u wrote:
Quote:
Ya mean "gotuonpaper's" remark about "the Chicago way"? Did Sean Connery say that in "The Untouchables"?

Well then, that must have been what was meant. Because this thread would surely be shut down and the poster put "on report" if it were a reference to any current, real-life Chicago thugs in positions of power. Which of course it was not.
Old 05-03-2012, 06:34 PM

Depends, a fight with a thug life dude, he will bash you kick you while on the ground. I seen a fight in front of my work, where this guy needed a knife to protect himself. Apparently he owned him money or something...and I still see them in my store at times, not together though. Some fights are just unfair to begin with. Sometime you ll get your knife taken away too and used on you. I seen fighters and big dudes.

A 34 yrs, 200 lb guy that works out fighting a 160 lb man in his mid forty s...weapon better be at play or u know what will happen. If I get in a fight without anyone to stop it, and he keeps on coming, and I got mine pocket knife...and I am getting ass kicked and it's like a UFC KO without referee interference...I stab that guy beating me....it's 2012 it's a lot different these day, then even the nineties...
Old 05-03-2012, 07:27 PM

Zimmerman would be an idiot to take a plea deal. Charges might be thrown out prior to trial...and they should be. No jury will find him guilty of anything, unless he gets an all-DemocRAT jury. I don't think his lawyer would be that poor at picking a jury.

There's a slim chance that criminal charges will be brought against the Special Prosecutor, per Dershowitz!!!

Not a Glock armorer!
Old 05-10-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alram14u View Post
Yes it was Connery in the Untouchables. LOL

You get the bonus points...
Old 05-11-2012, 02:07 AM

A quote I try to remember:

"if you find yourself in a fair fight, you're doing something wrong"
Old 05-12-2012, 04:54 PM

Quote:
If you use excessive force in a fight where fists are being used then expected to be charged with Manslaughter and possibly murder.
A blow to or toward the head is considered deadly force in every state that I know of.
M.C.R.G.O.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:51 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by supertac45 View Post
A blow to or toward the head is considered deadly force in every state that I know of.
except Florida, or just ask the prosecutor......
Old 05-13-2012, 02:01 AM

They never paid me to fight fair...they paid me to win...and now I'm old, fat and retired so...
Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from That Guy who stole it from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].
Old 05-13-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by celticwarrior13 View Post
they never paid me to fight fair...they paid me to win...and now i'm old, fat and retired so...
+1

Old 05-13-2012, 09:27 AM

My long standing opinion is that if you find yourself in a fair fight your tactics suck.
I learned a long time ago not to start fights and to avoid situations where they may arise especially when with my family. Should those tactics not work fair is out the window. I'm a pretty good sized guy, so people don't really pick on new, but if some thug wants to harm me or my family my first action in the fight will involve the must deadly weapon available to me in that moment. That may be a fist, the knife edge of my hand, a rock, a knife, a gun, etc. Whatever the case is I'll do whatever it takes to win. Fair fights are for the ring or morons.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:24 AM
Banned

I understand what I am saying but you do realize that in a confrontation, more than likely the person with the gun, committing the crime will have the drop on whom ever he is commenting the crime against. In short if you are the victim reacting against someone with a weapon then you are already at a disadvantage.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:25 PM

I don't discuss religion, politics or guns in public. Someone always gets their tender little feelings hurt!
Old 05-17-2012, 03:42 PM

As a former martial arts instructor and lifelong student,I can tell you that the legend of a "fair fight" in an urban environment is just an urban myth. I have always taught my students that in order to win and possibly save your life, you should use any and all means at your disposal to ensure your safety. When I worked private security in night clubsI was known for utilizing eye gouges, face rips, groin strikes and other "unfair tactics" in order to maintain order and keep myself and the other employees safe. Also, the "let's play fair" mentality puts you at a disadvantage in any physical encounter. Criminals and other low-life's do not abide by any rules of fair play" so why should you. There has been several stories in the news of people being blind-sided and robbed by criminals lately, one involved a young man who was assaulted by four other men and who subsequently died from a previously unknown heart condition. The other involved a well-known pastor who displayed an enormous lack of "situational awareness" and while filling up his brand-new $50,00 SUV got assaulted,robbed and has his vehicle and $40,000 Rolex watch stolen.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:47 AM

If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.

Why worry about being fair when your attacker is doing everything that he can to make sure that he has the upperhand? I'd rather be called unfair but alive, than fair and dead.

However, this is not to say that I'm trigger-happy. I also trained myself to learn self-defense moves, specifically hand to hand combat. Given the chance, I'd just incapacitate my attacker and get the hell out of there.

This is a pretty good overview of hand to hand combat - http://www.h2hcombattraining.com/hand-to-hand-combat
Old 05-18-2012, 06:23 AM

considering current events, I guess most people can't afford to defend themselves. It seems you are assumed guilty by the press.

I recommend using nuclear weapons instead of guns. You'll get the perps entire family that way.
Sig Sauer 1911 RCS Two Tone
Old 05-21-2012, 12:02 PM

Always Cheat - Always Win !!!
Old 05-21-2012, 10:15 PM

My definition of a fair fight.

Is when I get the drop on some would be animal. And then proceed to flat line him before he touches anyone.