1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Applications > Tactics & Personal Defense

Old 04-27-2012, 04:54 PM
Super Moderator

If the fight is fair, you're doing it wrong. Someone said that to me once and I guess it stuck with me.
Old 04-27-2012, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Getting in a fight, any fight, of any magnitude whatsoever, will correct this.
My thoughts exactly...and I was lucky enough to figure that our a long, long time ago.
Old 04-27-2012, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James&thegiant1911 View Post
If you use excessive force in a fight where fists are being used then expected to be charged with Manslaughter and possibly murder.
So far, I have only been in one situation where I thought I had a good chance of being killed by an individual. My first thought was to do what it took to prevent being killed even if it meant terminating the other individual. Actually, it happened so fast that the only action was reaction. I am fervent in my belief that God intervened to prevent a catastrophe. I am grateful to him. My point is, you have to be prepared to defend yourself. If deadly force is required, you may not have time to consider options. Sorry for the emotion. Hope this helps someone.

I am sure others have had situations worse than mine. God bless them.

Jesse
Old 04-27-2012, 06:23 PM

The only "fair" fight that one should ever be in is one that has written rules, timed rounds and a referee.
"If it is possible, as much as depends on you, live peaceably with all men.Ē Romans 12:18
Old 04-27-2012, 06:44 PM

Fair fight?
Ending it quickly by any means available is my goal. If I can do it by talking you death, that would suit me fine. If I have to shoot you, that's fine too. As long as me & mine survive. Where does "fair" come in?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4DzcOCyHDqc
Old 04-27-2012, 07:41 PM

I have never fought "fair".

I am still alive.

End of discussion.

May God bless,
Dwight
If you are reading this in English, . . . thank a veteran!
Old 04-27-2012, 08:45 PM

I despise fighting, but have been in a few. When pushed to that point I will do what I have to do to win. In my opinion there is no such thing as a fair fight.

Last edited by jmruth72; 04-27-2012 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Misspelled word
Old 04-28-2012, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sechott View Post
The same liberal mentality is the reason for disarming America, the star wars missile defense is an example. If it would work properly America would be almost untouchable in a nuclear war. The liberals think this would be unfair to our enemies.
In 1987, the American Physical Society concluded that a global shield such as "Star Wars" was not only impossible with existing technology, but that ten more years of research was needed to learn whether it might ever be feasible...I don't really think liberalism had anything to do with this, but everyone is entitled to their own world view.
Old 04-28-2012, 07:05 AM

When Reagan, first mentioned ths program the liberals were yelling foul. The fact that it wouldn't work had yet to be determine. Another point, liberals love anything that wastes tax payers money except when the money is spent on national defense.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nac4788 View Post
I think every state should allow drawing of a weapon, be it a knife, bat or firearm to brandish and give the attacker the chance to stop his attack, and if he does not you have every right to use the weapon in any manner you see fit until his attack stops. If he gets a bad knife cut, concussion from the use the bat or a bullet through his cranium that's his poor choice and choices are what life is all about, at least that is what all the successful people have said.

Sadly here in Texas one of my Co-workers was confronted by a group of more then 4 persons with aggression while he was out with his pregnant wife and rushed his wife into his truck got in himself, locked the doors and attempted to get away... one of the persons stood in front of his only option to exit out of the parking lot and he didn't want to run him over, then another went to the drivers window broke it and grabbed his head... He finally decided it was time to draw his .45 and he brandished it and the persons all back away he called the police and they ran... none of them have ever been Identified or convicted of any crime. He has been in and out of the county court house defending his right to be free and his .45 is still in "evidence" and his lawyer said he may just have to settle because the justice system is not letting up after 3 years of court processes.

Idk how this crap happens but I believe in the possession of higher force as to prevent the fight before it happens, I'm not the attacker nor the criminal and so if he is scared or "in fear of his life" too bad go attack some one who doesn't care to take the time to defend themselves, I have a life to live.
No witnesses, why is he still in court?

****ty lawyer.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:18 AM

I was always told there is no such thing as a fair fight, I will do what is necessary to protect myself, if that means using a firearm to do so, then so be it.
Old 04-28-2012, 09:19 AM

No such thing as excessive force.

I donít fight.

Old 04-28-2012, 09:32 AM
Banned

You guys on this thread here kill me you really do. If someone bum rushes you and is beating the crap out of you then you all are going to be on point pull out a gun and kill someone. You all do realize that 80 percent of all shots in the heat of the battle miss there intended targets. That includes police officers who train with their weapons every day.

Unless someone trained in combat or a professional athlete attacks you then that would be assault with a deadly weapon warranting the use of deadly force. That is about the only scenario in which you could legally bring deadly force into the equation. Again if it is an equal fight and you are punching/ fighting with another person and then you up the situation by pulling a gun on an unarmed individual then expect to be in court on the stand telling a jury that you felt in fear of your life.
Old 04-28-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
You guys on this thread here kill me you really do. If someone bum rushes you and is beating the crap out of you then you all are going to be on point pull out a gun and kill someone. You all do realize that 80 percent of all shots in the heat of the battle miss there intended targets. That includes police officers who train with their weapons every day.

Unless someone trained in combat or a professional athlete attacks you then that would be assault with a deadly weapon warranting the use of deadly force. That is about the only scenario in which you could legally bring deadly force into the equation. Again if it is an equal fight and you are punching/ fighting with another person and then you up the situation by pulling a gun on an unarmed individual then expect to be in court on the stand telling a jury that you felt in fear of your life.
Show me a cop who trains every day.

I can do anything, once; twice if I'm fast enough.

Old 04-28-2012, 10:14 AM

If some one is out to hurt me, or my family, I will hopefully be able to stop it by hurting them first and with the force needed to stop the threat. 1 fist blow to the head, it could end the way you live your life forever.
I for 1 will not take that risk.
Dave
SEMPER FI
Old 04-28-2012, 10:21 AM

Quote:

Unarmed attackers can still be quite lethal. How about multiple unarmed attackers? What if I am disabled or injured somehow? Senior citizens? Women are murdered by unarmed attackers all the time. Most thugs aren't going to attack someone who might pose a threat if they don't have to. The burden is "Would a reasonable person believe that their life is in danger?" And yes, court is a real risk, ask George Zimmerman. But, when an "unarmed" thug is bashing your skull on the sidewalk, your choices become rather simple: "end this or die." In-depth analysis of the potential outcomes isn't on the agenda.
80% misses? Maybe we should all just quit worrying and depend on the mercy of our attacker? Should all just get rid of our guns because none of us can shoot?
Oh yeah, police doing weapons training every day? LOL. Everyday, seriously?
Old 04-28-2012, 10:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Unarmed attackers can still be quite lethal. How about multiple unarmed attackers? What if I am disabled or injured somehow? Senior citizens? Women are murdered by unarmed attackers all the time. Most thugs aren't going to attack someone who might pose a threat if they don't have to. The burden is "Would a reasonable person believe that their life is in danger?" And yes, court is a real risk, ask George Zimmerman. But, when an "unarmed" thug is bashing your skull on the sidewalk, your choices become rather simple: "end this or die." In-depth analysis of the potential outcomes isn't on the agenda.
80% misses? Maybe we should all just quit worrying and depend on the mercy of our attacker? Should all just get rid of our guns because none of us can shoot?
Oh yeah, police doing weapons training every day? LOL. Everyday, seriously?
(police practice and range shoot more than your average person does)
do what you want, I did not say guns is not a legal means in which to protect yourselves. In certain situations be it in your home, place of business, and or under attack with a weapon you can use deadly force. That is the legal means. However, if you are in a fair and by fair I mean one on one fist fight then you better man up and fight don't be a wussy and pull out a gun and kill someone when you should be able to handle your own business. If you fill a little insecure about it then get in shape lose 20-30 lbs. and get fit. Then you will be better prepared to face an attacker.

I would not have shot the kid that George Zimmerman did, if you want to know why people are out to take away guns from individuals like you all advocating guns in a FAIR fight, then all you have to do is look into the mirror. Then again, I would not be the one on trail for taking someones life in a one on one fist fight. I can handle my own and know the laws, maybe you all should too.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
do what you want, I did not say guns is not a legal means in which to protect yourselves. In certain situations be it in your home, place of business, and or under attack with a weapon you can use deadly force. That is the legal means. However, if you are in a fair and by fair I mean one on one fist fight then you better man up and fight don't be a wussy and pull out a gun and kill someone when you should be able to handle your own business. If you fill a little insecure about it then get in shape lose 20-30 lbs. and get fit. Then you will be better prepared to face an attacker.

I would not have shot the kid that George Zimmerman did, if you want to know why people are out to take away guns from individuals like you all advocating guns in a FAIR fight, then all you have to do is look into the mirror. Then again, I would not be the one on trail for taking someones life in a one on one fist fight. I can handle my own and know the laws, maybe you all should too.
Bad manners used to and should be a terminal offence.

"I can handle my own and know the laws"

I can't; and never confuse the law with justice.
Old 04-28-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:

I hope my kids didn't attend the same law school you did! Whatacrockacrap!!!

Not a Glock armorer!
Old 04-28-2012, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dwight55 View Post
I have never fought "fair".

I am still alive.

End of discussion.

May God bless,
Dwight
+1

There are three kinds of "Fair".

County, State and World.

You take your hog there to get a Blue Ribbon.

If I don't see a hog, and I don't see a Blue Ribbon,

We Ain't At The Fair!

Keeping That In Mind, It Is "WE THE PEOPLE, not You The Government".
Old 04-28-2012, 11:40 AM

Quote:
If you use excessive force in a fight where fists are being used then expected to be charged with Manslaughter and possibly murder.
Trite but true saying "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people and I expect the same from them."
John Wayne, The Shootist.

Keeping That In Mind, It Is "WE THE PEOPLE, not You The Government".
Old 04-28-2012, 12:53 PM
Banned

Each situation, circumstance is different if you feel in threat of your life then that is enough to get you off a charge in my state. However if u are in an argument and it is mutal fight someone hits u and then u pull out a gun and blow them away then more than likely u will be charged.
Old 04-28-2012, 01:11 PM

Quote:

Cool, Good for you toughguy.

So fitness is the answer? Well gosh, I'll tell my 78 yo uncle to hit the gym & bulk up. My wife with arthritis in both hands & knees will love it too. Are you really this dense?

A fair fight is something with referees where both people participate willingly. Or something between a couple kids at the schoolyard that a teacher will break up quickly.

SD situations are generally unprovoked predatory attacks. In a SD situation, you don't really know if your attacker is going to stop when you incapacitated or if they will simply finish you off for being bothersome. FWIW, I'd have shot Trayvon Martin too. Unprovoked blindside attack at night? Yeah, justice was served. I suppose you simply would have fought him off and taught that young scamp a lesson?
Old 04-28-2012, 01:37 PM

This topic is scary to me. There is no such thing as a fair fight. Most any boxer has two lethal weapons in his hands. Any wrestler can kill his opponent in seconds. Any healthy person has 'disparity of force' when attacking this feeble old man. My only defense is flight or my gun.
Springfield XD-9
S&W 60-4
Old 04-28-2012, 01:53 PM

I think this mindset has come up with the Martin Zimmerman case. Until this goes to trial or is dimissed with all the details people will think this way. That may change some of their minds.

NRA Member
Colt Lightweight Commander, Kimber Custom II, Kimber Custom TLE II RL,Kimber Ultra TLE II, Kimber Raptor Pro II SS.