1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Hardware & Accessories > Parts and Accessories Bin

Old 04-22-2012, 04:02 PM

Ati fx 45 1911 gi

I'm trying to find out what 8 round or 7 round magazines work well with the ATI FX 45 1911 GI. This is my first 1911 and I know there is a big variety. Any info would be great hopeful to get some with experience with this pistol. Thanks.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by c.fitzgerald View Post
I'm trying to find out what 8 round or 7 round magazines work well with the ATI FX 45 1911 GI. This is my first 1911 and I know there is a big variety. Any info would be great hopeful to get some with experience with this pistol. Thanks.
Wilson 8 rnd are my mag of choice.

Do yourself a favor and avoid cheap magazines (like the $7 gun show specials). It is usually false economy.

Justice Hugo Black
Old 04-22-2012, 04:17 PM

Sorry, I didn't address the second part of your question.

To get experience, get out there and shoot it! Look up USPSA and/or IDPA in your area, and go shoot a match. You will have a great time, meet lots of people that are generally very willing to help a newbie, and really learn to shoot your new pistol.

Lots of dry fire practice. Make EXTRA SURE the gun is unloaded.

Justice Hugo Black
Old 04-22-2012, 05:25 PM

My gun likes these pretty well:
http://www.topgunsupply.com/check-ma...-magazine.html
Also, the on sale MetalForm mag I got from CDNN for $7.99 runs pretty well once I put a 10lb Wolff spring in it. Stock springs in the MetalForm mags were weak and gave me last round feeding problems and wouldn't hold the slide open after the last shot. New spring fixed it so it runs fine now.
Old 04-22-2012, 05:49 PM

Thanks for the info. Did you have any spring issues with the check mate brand? I'm looking for something that works good at a good price. But don't won't to spend 35$+ unless that is what works best for the gun.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:04 PM

I run Chip McCormick or the Kimber Pro Tac in my guns. No issues. You acn also see if your area does bowling pin shoots. Those are lots of fun and good for getting trigger time in.
Old 04-22-2012, 10:16 PM

No problems at all with the CheckMate mags. From what I've read it's unusual for the MetalForm mags to have spring problems, figure they might have gotten a bad batch of springs or something. Either way I'm sticking with CheckMate from here on out, Hybrid Feed Lips and CheckMate Follower(CMF).
Old 04-23-2012, 08:53 AM

Ok. Thanks. I may try the checkmate brand for the price before trying the McCormick or Wilson.