1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Kimber

Old 04-29-2012, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DARKEHORSE View Post
I have to concur with you... I have an early model Kimber Warrior with the rounded base on M1913 rails instead of the sharper ones on the later model and the last four digits of the serial numbers on my slide to match the frame. It is an outstanding weapon without the problems some of the others mentioned. I switch between it, a SIS Pro and a Super Carry Pro HD. I did not care for the grips so I replaced mine with VZ Operator II Black Desert Sand with a flat base for the Kimber magazine well I installed.

I will also concur...I too have an early model Warrior (2006) and it runs flawlessly. I too removed the finish from the feed ramp and also changed out the guide rod to a full size. It runs any mag I have put in and chews up all ammo I have tried. It is my carry gun and I have no fears of it malfunctioning.
Old 04-30-2012, 06:39 AM

I have read lots on problems on different forums, but have not had a single problem with any of my Kimbers with a few thousand rounds through each. I love my Kimbers, but I also love my Springfields. The Kimber TLE line and Custom Shop lines seem to shoot without issue, but my TRPs outshoot all of my TLE line. My Combat Gold Stainless seems to out shoot my Springfield PC9105LCA with the full rail. I think they all exceed most shooters ability and it seems the more I pay for them...the more I get out of them...not to mention the little things I add after purchase.