1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > 2A Legal & Political News ONLY

Closed Thread

Old 04-21-2012, 12:03 PM
Banned

Skank of America, finding more reasons to not handle LEGAL transactions. Way to go Mac!! Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-21-2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goetztrp View Post
You know what ten bankers sinking to the bottom of the ocean is? A good start!!!!

Pretty sad when the fish or coral life wont attach to them 10 bankers due to contamination.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:27 PM

Hmmm...maybe I should send an NRA form to my mortgage officer at BoA?
Old 04-21-2012, 03:30 PM

I would like to know more of these details. From reading that site, I see nothing but he said she said, no official releases, no recorded conversations...etc...no proof.

I do, however, see posted by akblackfoot, a link to the accurate shooters site. On that site there are recommendations of a company that offers credit card business (presumably to gun owners/companies) processing and explains terms that do not sound favorable to regular credit card companies.

Somehow, I think this is a scam. (I work for a credit card company and have never heard of a merchant transaction being refused.)

Last edited by BBA; 04-21-2012 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:55 PM

I submitted this to snopes.com to see what the real story is. The way I see it...a company screws up it's finances and a bank stops doing business with them, then they decide to get back at the bank by making up a story which generates patriotic business.

Something tells me this is false.
Old 04-21-2012, 04:47 PM

Given the size of McMillan, and the fact that the story was shared by the official NRA page as well as several other companies within the industry, I don't see how it could be fake. How does snopes prove something fake and why do you trust it?

Last edited by La Grenouille; 04-21-2012 at 04:53 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBA View Post
I submitted this to snopes.com to see what the real story is. The way I see it...a company screws up it's finances and a bank stops doing business with them, then they decide to get back at the bank by making up a story which generates patriotic business.

Something tells me this is false.
Here's what Snopes now says: "There isn't any dispute about who wrote it or whether it's textually intact; it was posted on the company's Facebook page. The only issue is whether the account accurately describes what took place at the referenced meeting." < http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=1616493 >

I also suspect it likely went a bit differently from what McMillan describes.

Last edited by nosreme; 04-21-2012 at 05:30 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 05:46 PM

Well we'll never truly know, because BoA will say the exact opposite thing and make McM the bad guys
Old 04-21-2012, 06:20 PM

If I have to make the decision to take the word of McMillian or some Bankster lacky for BOA, that's a no brainer, McMillian all the way.
Old 04-21-2012, 07:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TresOsos View Post
If I have to make the decision to take the word of McMillian or some Bankster lacky for BOA, that's a no brainer, McMillian all the way.
Amen to that. Bank of America has a well earned reputation of being less than honest with its customers, and I cannot imagine this is any different.

We closed our account after the refused to honor our claim of check fraud (that cleaned out our checking account), even though they had sent the fraudulent check in our monthly statement and a scanned image of it online. We severed all ties, then they bought our mortgage company, and since our home is underwater (worth half what we owe), we are stuck with them.

Robert
Old 04-21-2012, 07:39 PM
Administrator

My wife and I both closed our separate Bank of America accounts a few years ago when rogue fees started showing up. I got tired of constantly calling them up or going down to one of their branches and telling them to take the fees off our accounts, so finally we just pulled the plug on them and took our money elsewhere.
Try not to fall into the common trap of wanting to replace everything on your new 1911 just to make it "better". Know what you're changing out, and why. You may spend a lot of money fixing things that weren't broken to begin with. Shoot it for at least 500 rounds, then decide what you don't like and want improved. Vintage 1911's should NEVER be refinished or modified because it ruins any value they had as a collectible firearm.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:44 PM

Fee's just don't show up, they are all automated and part of the terms/conditions of your account(managing a bank for a few years I can tell you we are more inclined to reverse charges when the customer is polite). If there is one thing that I have learned is that people are very sensitive when it comes to their money, its about the first thing you are told/taught when you get into banking.

All of these terms and conditions are clearly written up and stated before you sign anything. Being in banking for some time I can tell you that every bank that has quotas to create accounts caters to illegals. Usually there is someone specifically in the office that speaks Spanish to cater to them. With out getting into details there a many ways to establish a checking account without a SSN, all it takes is one person with a SSN to then bring all their friends/family in to create accounts under a "joint" type account. These people especially like this when they get X amount of $ because of referrals.

Without naming the bank I work for I can say that 2A type rights/discussion are the furthest thing on their mind. Money is everything, so much that I have lost perspective on figures being reality.

Last edited by UrbanSI; 04-21-2012 at 09:47 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:24 PM

Unless there's a clear rebuttal by B of A, I see no reason to doubt the veracity of this account. Still, it is a bit stunning that a bank would dump a customer on such a basis. Banks tend to be loyal only to money. But I've heard more than a few unbelieveable -- but nonetheless true -- stories about B of A.

Thankfully, I have no accounts with B of A and no investments in their stock (the latter is good for other reasons as well, if you happen to get my hint).

This little story will further encourage me (not that I need it) to resolutely avoid B of A.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself
Old 04-21-2012, 10:28 PM

Being from Pittsburgh, we have two locally-based major banks that dominate the area - I don't know of a BoA anywhere near me. Never seen one.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grenouille View Post
Being from Pittsburgh, we have two locally-based major banks that dominate the area - I don't know of a BoA anywhere near me. Never seen one.
This is not surprising. B of A primarily originated on the West Coast, and then expanded into other regions via acquisitions/mergers.

The good folks in Pittsburgh aren't missing anything here. Your existing banks probably serve your interests much better.

Unfortunately, whether a city has a B of A branch or not, B of A's presence has been felt by all taxpayers in all cities. Over $20 Billion of taxpayer money and guarantees was given to B of A as part of TARP.

"Freedom is only a temporary thing unless it is backed by the blunt capability and willingness to fight back against evil with sufficient arms." -- Myself

Last edited by chrysanthemum; 04-21-2012 at 10:42 PM. Reason: Add comment
Old 04-21-2012, 10:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nosreme View Post
Here's what Snopes now says: "There isn't any dispute about who wrote it or whether it's textually intact; it was posted on the company's Facebook page. The only issue is whether the account accurately describes what took place at the referenced meeting." < http://message.snopes.com/showthread.php?p=1616493 >

I also suspect it likely went a bit differently from what McMillan describes.
Snopes said they contacted BoA and spokeswoman Anne Pace who told them she would not comment on the bank's relationship with McMillan Group. She did tell them Bank of America has no such policies and then referenced Bank of America's recent 250 Million dollar deal with Freedom Group, Inc. as proof. (One of the worlds largest firearms and ammo makers.)

Basically, McMillan screwed up his bank accounting and wants to make a story out of it by pitting American 2A patriots against Bank of America. All the while generating more business in the process. I mean after all, who really cares? BoA is the worst company in existance right?

Last edited by BBA; 04-21-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 04-21-2012, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Snopes said they contacted BoA and spokeswoman Anne Pace who told them she would not comment on the bank's relationship with McMillan Group. She did tell them Bank of America has no such policies and then referenced Bank of America's recent 250 Million dollar deal with Freedom Group, Inc. as proof. (One of the worlds largest firearms and ammo makers.)

Basically, McMillan screwed up his bank accounting and wants to make a story out of it by pitting American 2A patriots against Bank of America. All the while generating more business in the process. I mean after all, who really cares? BoA is the worst company in existance right?
What makes snopes any more credible? Who is this "they" who called BoA?
Old 04-21-2012, 11:22 PM
Banned

Quote:
Basically, McMillan screwed up his bank accounting and wants to make a story out of it by pitting American 2A patriots against Bank of America.
Please provide at least some direct evidence of that statement.
Old 04-22-2012, 04:31 AM

[deleted]

Last edited by nosreme; 04-22-2012 at 08:38 AM. Reason: topic isn't worth the effort...there are already hundreds of internet posts on this...all talk, no listen
Old 04-22-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by La Grenouille View Post
What makes snopes any more credible? Who is this "they" who called BoA?
Here is a good idea: You ask Snopes those questions directly, they do respond to inquiry.

The real thing is I hate seeing people getting duped by discourageable people. Just like going to a gun show, there are good dealers and there are lie through the teeth rip-off artists with a big story of how they are worthy and honest because someone else took advantage of them, all the while taking you into buying something for three times what it should cost from any other source.

Last edited by BBA; 04-22-2012 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-22-2012, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc13 View Post
I personally wish B of A would lose ALL of their clients.
You may wish that, but you don't desire that.

It will lead to another bailout.
Old 04-22-2012, 09:27 AM

I support McMillan's right to do as they wish, but I have only one credit card and it is a BOA card. I got it when BOA bought out my mortgage from Countrywide. I guess they are also telling me to __________, as I refuse to open another credit card (working on being debt free!).

Oh well, I guess I'll spend my money elsewhere due to their little pissing match.
Wilson Combat Firearms: CQB Elite Turnbull Blue / Case Hardened .45, CQB .45, Lightweight Protector Compact .45, CQB Tactical LE.45, CQB-C .45, Stealth .45, Sentinel .45, Colt Custom .45, High-Cap Championship Special .38 Super Race Gun, Spec Ops 9, Scattergun Tech. TR-870 12 ga., UT-15 .223 with W/C .22 Upper, OD ADP 9mm, WC .22 1911 conversion

Last edited by thearmedrebel; 04-22-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: langauge
Old 04-22-2012, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highgear View Post
I support McMillan's right to do as they wish, but I have only one credit card and it is a BOA card. I got it when BOA bought out my mortgage from Countrywide. I guess they are also telling me to __________, as I refuse to open another credit card (working on being debt free!).

Oh well, I guess I'll spend my money elsewhere due to their little pissing match.
And you know this pissing match is due to Bank of America how? From a story posted by a guy who lost his account and wanted to spout a bunch of BS?

The sad thing...my mortgage was acquired by BoA from Countrywide as well and I would also love to close my BoA mortgage account as I hate BoA.

Last edited by thearmedrebel; 04-22-2012 at 11:11 AM. Reason: edited quote
Old 04-22-2012, 10:17 AM

Quote:
And you know this pissing match is due to Bank of America how? From a story posted by a guy who lost his account and wanted to spout a bunch of BS?

The sad thing...my mortgage was acquired by BoA from Countrywide as well and I would also love to close my BoA mortgage account as I hate BoA.
Not quite sure why you are jumping on McMillian the way that you are. There is no evidence to support either side of the story as of now. You seem to be making a lot of assumptions.
Old 04-22-2012, 11:47 AM

I'm not jumping on McMillan, and im not making assumptions. Im not taking sides, it does not affect me until I decide to purchase a product. McMillan said they will not take BOA cards. I don't agree with their decision to refuse BOA cards as payment. I support their right to do that, but their decision leaves me personally out, or makes me jump through additional hoops because they and their bank are having a squabble. If they want to end their business relationship with BOA, and tell the world they are a poor company that is fine, have at it. When I want to purchase an item, and they refuse to sell it to me because I do not disavow the bank as well, that is a problem.

I guess they could have a policy that everyone had to sign a declaration in believing that Leonard Nemoy is the second coming in order to buy ther items (they are a private company and I support their right to do that). We have the right to accept or decline the terms. They have made the terms that they will not accept my credit card, so I will exercise my right not to buy their product. It is that simple.
Wilson Combat Firearms: CQB Elite Turnbull Blue / Case Hardened .45, CQB .45, Lightweight Protector Compact .45, CQB Tactical LE.45, CQB-C .45, Stealth .45, Sentinel .45, Colt Custom .45, High-Cap Championship Special .38 Super Race Gun, Spec Ops 9, Scattergun Tech. TR-870 12 ga., UT-15 .223 with W/C .22 Upper, OD ADP 9mm, WC .22 1911 conversion

Last edited by Highgear; 04-22-2012 at 11:50 AM.
Closed Thread