1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Springfield Armory

Old 05-02-2012, 05:14 AM

I was a medic and had an old 1911.. granted it was a Colt but it rattled like a coffee can full of rocks ..never missed a beat ..my SA GI did not rattle and it concerned me so when I took it to a guy for a trigger job he "loosened" it up for me ..now it rattles just a weee bit..I feel better now

I'll take mine loose please
Old 05-02-2012, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mity2 View Post
Well, the reason why I'm asking is that the I'm contemplating about sending my 9mm Loaded out to SACS to get few thigns done.

My 9mm is dead dependable. 8000+ rounds, I have yet to experience malfunction, except once with mag related stoppage(follower got stuck).

my slide to frame fit is extremly lose. It rattles. and my barrel bushing is lose(both slide to bushing, and barrel to bushing).
She shoots about 4" group at 20feet or so. I can get 2" group out of my wife's RIA 9mm 1911 Tactical at the same distance and same ammo. So I don't think its me.

Now, thats perfectly fine combat accuracy. This is my main bedside gun. So I think its fine for that.
But I also use it for target shooting, which sucks for that.

So I want to make it more accurate(and I would imagin first step is to tighten the lock up. then slighten the frame to slide fit.
But I do not want to make it so tight that its not reliable...
Hey Mity-As long as the lugs engage the slide well I have to think your accuracy "issue" relates to the loose barrel bushing. You may want to have a smith fit a new match bushing. This should be pretty reasonable in terms of cost and shouldn't have any effect on the reliability of an otherwise loose pistol. You might find you have a reliable tack driver on your hands.
Old 05-02-2012, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45addiction View Post
Hey Mity-As long as the lugs engage the slide well I have to think your accuracy "issue" relates to the loose barrel bushing. You may want to have a smith fit a new match bushing. This should be pretty reasonable in terms of cost and shouldn't have any effect on the reliability of an otherwise loose pistol. You might find you have a reliable tack driver on your hands.
I have been thinking about this.
But I believe reason why my bushing are so poorly fitted is that the notch on inside of slide(just below front sight) is machined too large.
How can smith fix that?
Or do they make oversized bushing on every area so that this too large of notch can be compensated?
Old 05-02-2012, 07:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mity2 View Post
I have been thinking about this.
But I believe reason why my bushing are so poorly fitted is that the notch on inside of slide(just below front sight) is machined too large.
How can smith fix that?
Or do they make oversized bushing on every area so that this too large of notch can be compensated?
I would contact EGW and talk to them. I have no doubt they have addressed this issue many, many times before.

http://www.egwguns.com/contact-us