1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > General > Range Reports

Old 04-18-2012, 08:11 PM

Range Report - Taurus PT 1911

Good day all,

I picked up my first 1911 the first part of March. I love this gun. It is the most accurate that I have. My range ammunition is Federal Champion 230 grain FMJ from Walmart.

I got my CPL last October and bought my first Taurus (a PT 111) shortly after that. I had not shot a handgun since my military days 20 years ago. Even though these targets might indicate I have not lost many skills in 20 years, I hope to get better.

15 feet (homemade target)

21 feet

21 Feet

21 feet

50 feet (10 shots)

50 feet

50 feet

Retired Air Force, Vietnam Veteran, VFW Life Member, Member, Catholic War Veterans of the USA
Old 04-18-2012, 08:51 PM

Good stuff, I love my PT1911, it's been flawless. You should be able to tighten up those groups in no time!
Old 04-19-2012, 05:56 AM

Pt

I've owned three PT1911 and they were good guns. Mine were also very accurate. My first one was obtained when I also had a Colt Gold Cup. The Taurus shot rings around it. I traded the Colt off and kept the Taurus. I put a few thousand rounds through the three and they all did anything I expected. Don't really know why they get such bad press on the web. One came from the factory with a firing pin "hole" machined too large that allowed primer flow into the enlarged hole (bulged primers). However, Taurus replaced the pistol with no problem but the wait (somewhat slow ie a few weeks).
Old 04-19-2012, 06:33 AM

My first 1911 was a PT1911...i've owned 3 others since...2 Springfields and my current RIA, and I will admit, that it was the best shooter out of all of them....regretfully, I sold it to a buddy of mine to fund one of the mentioned Springfields......he loves it! Was also his first.

Any man may be asked in this century, what he did to make his life worthwhile, can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy" ~ Pres. John F. Kennedy
Old 04-24-2012, 11:53 AM

I've always wanted a taurus 1911 but there are not on the CA approved list