1911Forum banner

GSG 1911 mag followers 14 cap mags

7K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  NewShockerGuy 
#1 ·
was wondering if anyone knows or has made more of the 14 round cap mag followers or if anyone with the 14 round mag followers is making copies of theirs for mass production?? or is there any out there already avaliable for sale?

#2 ·
I see you've already attempted to contact usarmycombatvet about the ones he's made. He has not returned to the forum in some time so he obviously isn't making them anymore due to personal reasons. As far as that goes, I have looked for high cap followers from other manufacturers and have found none.

The only place I've heard of making higher cap mags for the GSG 1911 is CWAccessories. Now he currently doesn't sell any high cap mags or smaller followers but, I heard he has tried to mill out his long base pads to accompany 2 more rounds. He told me it's a lot of work for just two rounds more so I don't think he will be producing these for the masses. If you are truly interested though in more rounds for you GSG I would say contact him about it and he might have something cooked up.

www.cwaccessories.com

#9 ·
i'm just surprised that the people that got the high mag followers from vet hasnt tried to make a mold and sell those.
they will probably find out its not as easy as it sounds...

I personally saw a great variation in quality in the ten I bought...
some were molded well, others ......... well....... not so good.

got some pics somewhere on a floppy disc... if i can find it.

i do know at one time he had considered injection molding... which would have helped a lot...but the upfront costs of mold, etc are high!

i installed two of them, they did function, but you do lose the 'pin' which does help with loading the magazine.

one detrimental feature (to me) is the loss of the metal insert at the rear of the follower that 'can' contact the slide if the slide catch does not do its job. the slide when it snags the rear of the follow can dent it...

also, i felt like the tab for the slide lock on the follower was a bit short.. like the original GSG follower with the short tab was used for a model... (GSG modified the followers after initial production, making the tab for the slide lock 1mm taller)

do hope he gets well soon....

#18 ·
The +1 base pad Nic Taylor is selling is worth it. I have 5 of them and don't feel like my time nor my money was wasted. They are a well made improvement over the stock base pads and you can get an extra round. You might even get two rounds more in them. Loading the magazines is easier and quicker because of the extension.

He ships them out quickly, and you get the allen wrench included.

#16 ·
GSG 1911 Mag followers 14 cap mags

I have a tricked out GSG 1911 With The Chet Whistle upgrade and accurizing parts with an aimpoint grip mount with a tasco red/green dot scope. Very accurate at 25 yds. It has the compensator from CW on it and it has no recoil at all. I have ordered the mag followers from the following link but as of yet do not have them. I will post when they arrive and have them installed. I am posting some pics of my gun. I really enjoy shooting it.

Attachments

#23 ·
Just picked them up from joeboboutfitters because if you buy a standard GSG magazine they offer a discount for the follower, so I felt like that was a good deal... found a coupon and ended up getting 3 of the followers for less than $7 which I feel is a fair price. Plus getting the stock gsg mags is great.., just wish they weren't so expensive compared to other mags I've gotten..lol
Oh well.

I'll post some pics once I get them here in a day or two.

-Nigel

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.