1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise


Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-14-2012, 11:05 AM
permafrost permafrost is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 39
IAC 70 series Tisas Turk review




I picked this up because it was cheap and I can always use another 45. The gun came in a hard case with one mag. No big deal. I ordered two extra cheap 7 rd mags and two 8 rd. mags. All arrived as expected . Cleaned and inspected. Hmmm.. no internal tool marks, finish seemed good. SS hammer forged barrel, standard sights. All 70 series inside, no hammer block, no filled holes. This isn't the Regent. So far so good. Cleaned it and took it to the range with 250 rds of Aquila hardball and federal hardball. Loaded and everything was smooth. Throated and polished from factory. Ok, let's see if she shoots. Not bad! below is a pic of the results at 15 yds, all hardball, can't speak to JHP. You be the judge. I'll tune and polish it a bit more, but honestly I see no reason to change much of anything!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0205.jpg  

Last edited by permafrost; 04-14-2012 at 03:33 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-14-2012, 01:32 PM
crashoverrideplik crashoverrideplik is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO
Posts: 4,821
I had not owned a GI style gun until about 6 months ago. Now I think I have 8 of them. If you can see the sights they are damn fine shooters. Your's looks like a very nice gun. I have heard of this gun but have always mistaken it for the Regent R100. Where did you get it?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-14-2012, 01:51 PM
H-D H-D is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 562
I thought they were the same as the regent
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-14-2012, 02:17 PM
CIB CIB is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: SE, TN
Posts: 2,103
Who has the best price on these? I saw them at CDNN for $349
__________________
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.
NRA Life Member
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-14-2012, 03:29 PM
permafrost permafrost is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 39
It may be the same company that makes the Regent,I don't know, but they apparently have stepped up their game if so , dropped the 80 series hammer block and went straight 70 series on this one, with much better quality control. It is one of the CDNN guns. I like it a lot.Longevity? I don't know , but you can't even see any wear marks on the finish so far. From what I've been able to find out the black chrome finish is the same black chrome used on black mag wheels you see today. It's super clean inside, but does use some MIM parts. I cleaned up the trigger , but it was pretty decent right out of the box.

Last edited by permafrost; 04-14-2012 at 03:31 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-14-2012, 05:22 PM
ipscgun45 ipscgun45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 170
Permafrost,
You have peaked my interest. How about some more photos of your Tisas Turk?
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-14-2012, 10:29 PM
permafrost permafrost is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by ipscgun45 View Post
Permafrost,
You have peaked my interest. How about some more photos of your Tisas Turk?
Ok, I'll take a few more ,than post them . This is the only other one I have at the moment:
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0203.jpg  
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-14-2012, 11:06 PM
cjbiv cjbiv is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 74
They come out of the same factory (TISAS.) The Regent R100 is sold by Umarex. The ones I have seen are Series 80s (I have read that the very early Regents were Series 70s; I don't know for sure.) But, IAC is also importing this Series 70 gun made in the TISAS factory in Turkey. I think the pistol is great. It is the least expensive, new, 1911 being sold right now. Mine is tight and clean; good finish and no tool marks. I got mine from "Centerfire Systems" (349.99 plus shipping, etc.)

There are threads about the Regent and the IAC/TISAS here; just search for them.

Here are some photos. I changed my stocks from the black plastic ones they came with to smooth Houges. I recommend the pistol.
Attached Thumbnails
GEDC0326.jpg   GEDC0321.jpg   GEDC0325.jpg   GEDC0323.jpg  
__________________
Kimber CDP II, compact
IAC/TISAS 1911 A1

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-15-2012, 07:13 AM
permafrost permafrost is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbiv View Post
They come out of the same factory (TISAS.) The Regent R100 is sold by Umarex. The ones I have seen are Series 80s (I have read that the very early Regents were Series 70s; I don't know for sure.) But, IAC is also importing this Series 70 gun made in the TISAS factory in Turkey. I think the pistol is great. It is the least expensive, new, 1911 being sold right now. Mine is tight and clean; good finish and no tool marks. I got mine from "Centerfire Systems" (349.99 plus shipping, etc.)

There are threads about the Regent and the IAC/TISAS here; just search for them.

Here are some photos. I changed my stocks from the black plastic ones they came with to smooth Hogues. I recommend the pistol.
Good to see some more reports getting out about the pistol. Your experience is the same as mine. Mine was made in 2011, a nice bit of irony. I believe the first two numbers of the serial # show the year of manufacture. I think this gun may be a sleeper!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-15-2012, 02:50 PM
permafrost permafrost is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 39
IPSCGUN45, here are a few more pics of the gun disassembled:
Except for polishing the sear and hammer, I've done nothing to it
Attached Thumbnails
No 1.jpg   NO 2.jpg   NO 3.jpg  

Last edited by permafrost; 04-15-2012 at 02:52 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:22 PM
ipscgun45 ipscgun45 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 170
Permafrost,
It looks good.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-15-2012, 03:27 PM
Corrigun Corrigun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UTC/GMT -5 hours
Posts: 1,450
My Regent is Series 70 style and says IAC Billerica MA on on one side (w/original grips)-



And Tisas/Turkey on the other (w/new grips)-

__________________
I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.
-George S. Patton
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 04-15-2012, 10:46 PM
ArmyDrQuinn ArmyDrQuinn is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Missouri
Posts: 87
...Can you post the website to a place that sells one of these? Thanks!
__________________
I'm a pacifist. But while I am in the presence of those that do not share my beliefs, i will not be a victim.

US ARMY COMBAT MEDIC: 2006-PRESENT
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:39 AM
The FloridaCracker The FloridaCracker is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Weston, FL
Posts: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmyDrQuinn View Post
...Can you post the website to a place that sells one of these? Thanks!
Here you go: http://centerfiresystems.com/TURK-1911.aspx

FWIW, Umarex is also bringing in this one:

__________________
Floridians - Stop paying too much for your hobby - http://groupbuybulkammo.com/

Last edited by The FloridaCracker; 04-16-2012 at 07:41 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 04-16-2012, 07:55 AM
Corrigun Corrigun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UTC/GMT -5 hours
Posts: 1,450
And this one-
__________________
I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.
-George S. Patton
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:38 AM
cjbiv cjbiv is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_L View Post
My Regent is Series 70 style and says IAC Billerica MA on on one side (w/original grips)-



And Tisas/Turkey on the other (w/new grips)-

Jim L, what does your pistol say on the left side of the slide: "Regent" or does it say "Model 1911 A1"?

Thanks.
cjbiv
__________________
Kimber CDP II, compact
IAC/TISAS 1911 A1

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 04-16-2012, 11:47 AM
cjbiv cjbiv is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by permafrost View Post
Good to see some more reports getting out about the pistol. Your experience is the same as mine. Mine was made in 2011, a nice bit of irony. I believe the first two numbers of the serial # show the year of manufacture. I think this gun may be a sleeper!

Permafrost,
Yes, it is definitely a sleeper.
Frankly, I think it is THE sleeper of the moment.

I just checked Centerfire Systems and they only have 5 left.
(CDNN also sells them.)

I hope more people buy them. Maybe we can get our own section on the board!

cjbiv
__________________
Kimber CDP II, compact
IAC/TISAS 1911 A1

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 04-16-2012, 02:17 PM
Corrigun Corrigun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UTC/GMT -5 hours
Posts: 1,450
It says both although you can't really see it at all in the picture.

Regent is above the "IAC BILLRICA" part and 1911A1 is above the slide stop. It's almost exactly like the picture of the R350CR I posted.
__________________
I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.
-George S. Patton
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 04-16-2012, 08:37 PM
permafrost permafrost is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: oklahoma
Posts: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by cjbiv View Post
Permafrost,
Yes, it is definitely a sleeper.
Frankly, I think it is THE sleeper of the moment.

I just checked Centerfire Systems and they only have 5 left.
(CDNN also sells them.)

I hope more people buy them. Maybe we can get our own section on the board!

cjbiv
Sounds good to me! I don't think I'll muck about(not English, just like they way they talk) with mine much more. It's more accurate than it has a right to be. If I start to "improve it" I'm afraid I'll make it worse . I'll cut up a Nighthawk or something to gain some practice.

JimL, I sure like the look of that compact. Looks like it has all the bells and whistles. I'm gonna check on that one. I hopt these prove to stay together as well as they appear. Fingers crossed, I do like a good bargain. Also, you must have that rare "crossover" gun. Half Regent, Half 1911A1. I'd hang on to it , its gonna command some big bucks when these puppies catch on!

Last edited by permafrost; 04-16-2012 at 08:45 PM. Reason: added remarks
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 04-16-2012, 09:28 PM
cjbiv cjbiv is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_L View Post
It says both although you can't really see it at all in the picture.

Regent is above the "IAC BILLRICA" part and 1911A1 is above the slide stop. It's almost exactly like the picture of the R350CR I posted.
Thanks Jim L.
I have read that there are some early "Regents" that are Series 70s.
The Regent R100s that are being sold now are Series 80s. At least the ones I have seen are.
__________________
Kimber CDP II, compact
IAC/TISAS 1911 A1

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 04-16-2012, 09:34 PM
cjbiv cjbiv is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by permafrost View Post
Sounds good to me! I don't think I'll muck about(not English, just like they way they talk) with mine much more. It's more accurate than it has a right to be. If I start to "improve it" I'm afraid I'll make it worse . I'll cut up a Nighthawk or something to gain some practice.

JimL, I sure like the look of that compact. Looks like it has all the bells and whistles. I'm gonna check on that one. I hopt these prove to stay together as well as they appear. Fingers crossed, I do like a good bargain. Also, you must have that rare "crossover" gun. Half Regent, Half 1911A1. I'd hang on to it , its gonna command some big bucks when these puppies catch on!
I am not going to change mine very much either; I like it the way it is. I have changed the stocks, and may get some more in the future. I also installed a Wolff Extra Power Firing Pin Spring. I may polish the sear and hammer like you did. Did those parts look pretty well made to you? (I have not detail stripped mine.)
__________________
Kimber CDP II, compact
IAC/TISAS 1911 A1

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 04-16-2012, 10:01 PM
joedel joedel is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Forsyth County, GA
Age: 46
Posts: 910
It just those particular grips or does the grip area of the frame seem a bit out of spec? Seems to be a lot of space between the outer edge of the grips and where the fronstrap area begins.

Looks like a nice 1911A1, especially at $350
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 04-16-2012, 10:14 PM
cjbiv cjbiv is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by joedel View Post
It just those particular grips or does the grip area of the frame seem a bit out of spec? Seems to be a lot of space between the outer edge of the grips and where the fronstrap area begins.

Looks like a nice 1911A1, especially at $350
Good eye, and no, it isn't the grips.
These frames are CAST. For some reason the cast frames are a bit larger in this area. Rock Island Armory pistols, which I believe also have cast frames, are similar.
__________________
Kimber CDP II, compact
IAC/TISAS 1911 A1

"Si vis pacem, para bellum"
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 04-17-2012, 05:22 AM
Corrigun Corrigun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UTC/GMT -5 hours
Posts: 1,450
I E-mailed them to ask where to get a r35cr since they all but outright say they are already on the market on the Website. I will report what they say. The last time she gave me a list of places to contact none of which I had ever heard of which would explain why the newly released models are hard to find at the "big" places.
__________________
I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.
-George S. Patton
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 04-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Corrigun Corrigun is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: UTC/GMT -5 hours
Posts: 1,450
Just following up as I said I would. Here is their verbatim reply-

The Regent R100/R200 .45ACP 1911-A1 is currently available to our distributors R350CR should be available by late spring or early summer. We do not sell direct, we sell through distribution, meaning dealers will purchase through their distributors and we do not track sales to that level. You can contact the distributors listed below for dealers they have in your area or check with your local gun dealers for availability and exact pricing. Please encourage your firearm dealer to contact his/her distributor to inquire about purchasing the Regent R100 .45ACP 1911-A1

MSRP: R100 $499 R200 $599 R350CR $600



Distributors:
RSR
Bill Hick's
Ellett
Sports South
AcuSport
Zanders
Davidson's
VF Grace (Alaska)
Big Rock (Henry's)
Big Rock (MT)
JSC

Dealers:
Academy
Gander
Big 5
Cabela’s
Bass Pro
__________________
I want you to remember that no bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his country.
-George S. Patton
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:49 AM.


NOTICE TO USERS OF THIS SITE: By continuing to use this site, you certify that you have read and agree to abide by the Legal Terms of Use. All information, data, text or other materials ("Content") posted to this site by any users are the sole responsibility of those users. 1911Forum does not guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such Content.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.
Copyright 2011 1911Forum.com, LLC. All Rights Reserved