1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > Other Firearms & Tools > Blade Forum

Old 04-10-2012, 02:59 PM

Zero Tolerance 0350

Just got a ZT 0350 today. After i ordered it i was afraid it was still going to be to big for EDC. However, this thing is sweet and a great size! I'll have to post more after i carry it for some time.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:06 PM

If there is no pictures, it didn't happen.
"At the end of the day, you are getting a gun that has real soul, and almost takes on it's own personality. No two are exactly the same, and that's the great thing about them." Rob Schauland (AlchemyCustom) on Les Baers.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:33 PM

I love my 0350. Came razor sharp (cut myself being too lax :/ ). It is a bit hefty but its an enjoyable heft for sure. There are some pants it just isn't pocket friendly for though. The clip is my only complaint, I can fix it I just haven't found enough time to take it off and bend it a little bit.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:04 PM

I'll have to take some pics.
I've been flicking it two days now. Just a fun blade.
Old 04-11-2012, 09:07 PM

Been carrying one as my EDC for over a year. Best knife I've had for hard use. I have the serration on mine.

Everytime I whip it out my clients always have a comment...LOL
Old 04-14-2012, 08:53 AM

Love mine, but as I wear dress pants everyday, I can't pull it off as an EDC. It would shred my pants after just a month.

Old 04-26-2012, 05:45 PM

what dd u have to pay for it if you dont mind me asking?
Old 04-26-2012, 06:05 PM

LOVE mine, too! Got it for $80 shipped off an ARFCOM member with original box, papers and got a new clip and screws as a back-up set! Sharp as $hit! Here it is with my new stainless TRP....
Attached Thumbnails
DSC07866.jpg  

Last edited by Hellsing76; 04-26-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:08 PM
Banned

What steel is used in the blade?If it is the one pictured it is a nice lookin knife. Is it a 3.5" blade or is it longer?
Old 04-26-2012, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supervel View Post
What steel is used in the blade?If it is the one pictured it is a nice lookin knife. Is it a 3.5" blade or is it longer?
Mine has 3.5" of sharpened surface and is about 4" overall from point to pivot. My blade is etched S30V....steel type. Makes the TRP look small, huh?
Old 04-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellsing76 View Post
Mine has 3.5" of sharpened surface and is about 4" overall from point to pivot. My blade is etched S30V....steel type. Makes the TRP look small, huh?
Not familiar with all the knife steels,been out of knife making for year's and last year I helped my son build one. When we were getting our steel I felt a pre-cut blank that was a high vandium content and the edge felt very keen,if you know what I am talking about. Does the steel in this blade have much vandium content, or could you provide more info, I am not up to speed on all the new steels. Back when I was into it in the early 80's CM 154 was top's and 440c was next in the stianless area's. D2 was a good tool steel back then and O1 if you wanted to temper your own.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by supervel View Post
Not familiar with all the knife steels,been out of knife making for year's and last year I helped my son build one. When we were getting our steel I felt a pre-cut blank that was a high vandium content and the edge felt very keen,if you know what I am talking about. Does the steel in this blade have much vandium content, or could you provide more info, I am not up to speed on all the new steels. Back when I was into it in the early 80's CM 154 was top's and 440c was next in the stianless area's. D2 was a good tool steel back then and O1 if you wanted to temper your own.

The 0350 is fully equipped with SpeedSafeŽ for one-handed assisted opening. Even in combat gloves, you can easily deploy the blade using the large, ambidextrous thumb stud or blade protrusion. The blade is S30V stainless steel with Tungsten DLC (Diamond Like Carbon) coating. S30V provides extreme durability, while the black Tungsten DLC is non-reflective, enhances hardness, and reduces friction drag. Textured, matte-black G-10 scales provide a secure grip. Includes a quad mounting system for tip-up, tip-down, left- or right-handed clip carry.
Old 04-26-2012, 06:55 PM
Banned

Speed Asist even better. Now for the,lets hope not millon dollar question, how much$ for one? I believe I recall that steel as being very highly rated when we were choosing our blank, and I was compairing all of the new steels.

Last edited by supervel; 04-26-2012 at 06:58 PM.