1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Para USA

Old 04-05-2012, 02:46 PM

Para 5inch ssp

What is everbodys thoughts on the para ssp, how is the accuracy and reliability any thoughts would be helpful
Old 04-05-2012, 02:56 PM

I don't have one but the SSP model was the one that Todd Jarret ran a 1000 round's trough none stop in a little over 10 minute's. It's on youtube, it's funny to watch to me. He oil's it up with Gun Butter with no jam of any kind in the 1000 rounds.
Old 04-06-2012, 08:28 PM

Very good

I have an older black one one and a newer stainless with the fiber-optic front sight added at refurbishing. Both of them are Made In Canada. They are on the Para site under Pro Shop for $700. These are very crisp weapons, with a lighter trigger and "tight machine" feel to them. If you like the GI (entry level) then you will love the SSP. I have put 5000 to 6000 rounds thru the black one, and it has operated flawlessly. I have only put 400 to 500 rounds thru the stainless one and think it will be similar to the black one.