1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Other 1911's

Old 03-29-2012, 02:32 PM

Turkish 1911

Anyone know anything about the 1911 imported from Turkey that sells for around $450?
Old 03-29-2012, 02:42 PM

Regent R100. From the ones I've seen and shot they are a good gun for the money. There's a few posts about them on the "other 1911" section.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:37 PM

I got mine last month and really like it. After polishing the feed ramp it will eat ANYTHING, including empty brass cases. Not a single malfunction after 100 rounds.
Old 03-29-2012, 03:42 PM

CDNN had em' for $349 but then you've got to add shipping and FFL fees. Still, you should be able to get out the door on one for around $400. Do a bit of "fluff and buff" and you'd have a great entry level gun to play with.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:17 PM

http://ezine.m1911.org/showthread.php?t=110
Old 03-29-2012, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS300 View Post
Good groupings - except for the fact that they dont say how many shots were fired. And the fact that the first barrel was improperly rifled without enough freebore... that's kind of a red flag I'd say. Still might be better machining than in the Ruger 1911's sadly.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:43 PM

Turkey has modern ISO 9000 gun factories and has been turning out good guns for years. I did not know the 'Regent' was from there.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:19 PM

I purchased an IAC Tisas for $350 from Centerfiresystems.com. It was nice but a friend offered me what I paid for it so I sold it to him.
Old 04-30-2012, 10:23 PM

I am very impressed with the Regent R100 for what it is. I’ll get to the “for what it is” later, but first let me tell you about the “very impressed”.

This gun is manufactured in Turkey. The R100’s finish, though not at Colt level, is way above what I would expect for a low-budget 1911. The slide-to-frame fit was tight. Although, I did see a brand-new one at a gun show early this year with a noticeably looser fit.

I put 100 rounds of Winchester white box through it, out of the box, with no problems other than two failure-to-feed hiccups, both in the 80 round range. They occurred with the stock ACT-MAG magazine, which otherwise appears to be fairly well made. I had no problems with other stock-type magazines that I tried (Colt, Springfield and Checkmate). When the Winchester was gone, I shot a clip of Federal Hydra-Shoks with no problems.

The trigger pull felt a little spongy (did not break crisply), but it was predictable enough for accurate shooting. The accuracy was very impressive. I was able to hit a 2-inch bull’s eye at 7 yards, pretty much at will.

Now about the “for what it is”…this gun is advertised as being a good foundation for modifications. I bought a Wilson polished sear and a polished disconnector, hoping to improve the trigger pull. Once installed, the gun would not fire. I installed just the disconnector – no change. Upon installing just the sear, the gun would fire without the grip-safety depressed. I don’t know, but a gunsmith may be able to overcome these issues.

When I compared the original sear and disconnector to the Wilson units, they appeared to have slightly different dimensions. I have installed identical Wilson pieces in my Colt and Springfield 1911s, and they dropped right in with no problems and a noticeable improvement in trigger pull.

I ended up lightly polishing the contact surfaces on the stock R100 pieces, with some 600-grit sandpaper, which made the trigger pull a little smoother. Although, the trigger pull is serviceable right out of the box.

Overall, I am very happy with the pistol and would buy another. I’ll try the Wilson pieces on my next low-budget 1911…maybe a Rock Island Armory!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson