1911Forum
Forum   Reviews   Rules   Legal   Site Supporters & Donations   Advertise

Go Back   1911Forum > 1911 Manufacturers > Smith & Wesson

Old 03-18-2012, 04:14 PM

We all love pictures!

Just thought I'd share the pictures of my 1911SC E Series. I've been slowly getting everything I wanted for it and I finally got the Crimson Trace Laser grips that I ordered 3 months ago for it. The grips are fresh off the press and are the new models made for round butts. The thumb and grip safety are both from Wilson Combat and the holster is from Steven at Kelleygunleather.com. Hope you all enjoy looking at it as much as I do.

Old 03-18-2012, 06:56 PM

Sweet. I had one of those in my hand when I was getting my 1911TA E-Series. It was a tough call. Wish I could have afforded both!
Old 03-18-2012, 07:19 PM

Looks nice. Good holster too.

Does one need a special tool not included with the gun to remove the grips?
Old 03-18-2012, 10:02 PM

Looks great! Got my first E-series a couple of days ago and this is one that I'm eye-ing next.
Old 03-19-2012, 12:01 AM

How do you like those Crimson Trace grips compared to the stock ones that came with the Sc E-series. Are they the same size as the standard grips? They look good on the gun, I've got the same model, the Sc E-series in all black. I'm contemplating getting a set for mine as I have pair of CTs on my S&W MP340 and love them.

EDIT:

Also do they happen to be ambi-cut for the ambidextrous safety that comes standard on the Sc?

Last edited by mmunsch; 03-19-2012 at 12:05 AM.
Old 03-19-2012, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccusboy View Post
Looks nice. Good holster too.

Does one need a special tool not included with the gun to remove the grips?
Thanks baccusboy. All you need to get the grips off and on is an allen wrench. The Crimson Trace grips use the same screws that came with the gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmunsch View Post
How do you like those Crimson Trace grips compared to the stock ones that came with the Sc E-series. Are they the same size as the standard grips? They look good on the gun, I've got the same model, the Sc E-series in all black. I'm contemplating getting a set for mine as I have pair of CTs on my S&W MP340 and love them.

EDIT:

Also do they happen to be ambi-cut for the ambidextrous safety that comes standard on the Sc?
The grips feel great in the hand, I actually thing they are ever so slightly fatter than the original grips but it feels very good. They work great and look equally as good. And yes there is an ambi cut on the right side.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:09 PM

Damn that looks great man.
I really like those fish-scales, might get one in the future myself, but here they are sooo expensive and hard to find.
Old 03-19-2012, 03:28 PM

Bigmant, thanks for the response. I think you may have "sold" me on a set of those for mine. They look better and better as I look at those photos.

Another question though is does the activation "pad" change your grip any as it seems to come up into the "relief" in the front strap/trigger guard that allows you to hold the gun in your hand a little higher. This could also be me over-analyzing the photo a bit, but it's hard to tell from the photos on Crimson Trace's website as they show them on a Kimber Super Carry and not a E-series.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmunsch View Post
Bigmant, thanks for the response. I think you may have "sold" me on a set of those for mine. They look better and better as I look at those photos.

Another question though is does the activation "pad" change your grip any as it seems to come up into the "relief" in the front strap/trigger guard that allows you to hold the gun in your hand a little higher. This could also be me over-analyzing the photo a bit, but it's hard to tell from the photos on Crimson Trace's website as they show them on a Kimber Super Carry and not a E-series.
It will feel a little different, but nothing debilitating. The activation pad will sit right under your middle finger and activates very easily. Squeeze all you want, it wont break Other than that though it feels great.
Old 03-19-2012, 07:43 PM

Sweet 1911. A+++
Dave
SEMPER FI
Old 03-20-2012, 05:07 PM

That pistol and those upgrades look terrific.
Old 03-20-2012, 06:29 PM

Great pictures, I do like that holster too.
S&W M&P Shield 9MM.
Colt Python .357 Mag
Old 03-29-2012, 07:35 PM

How Much??
Old 03-30-2012, 10:56 AM

Thanks all for the positive feedback! You all have brought a smile to my face
Old 04-03-2012, 10:48 PM

I've handled one of those in Sportsmans Warehouse. They are very nice guns. If it weren't that I'm sticking with 9mm and found the DW Guardian, that SCe would be at the top of my short list.

Vern
Old 04-10-2012, 08:32 PM

Great pistol, I shot my last Idpa match with mine. Is my carry pistol as well. CT grips are next.
Old 07-15-2012, 10:35 PM

Just posted in general with it, but mine as well post here too!

Picked it up this weekend! I am planning on going to the range this upcomming weekend if i can make some time!

Old 07-15-2012, 11:20 PM

Clean it with Ballistol. It really makes the wood and finish shine.
Old 07-16-2012, 04:50 AM

Good to know, I'll give it a try on the finish. Although I don't know if I want to put oil on the grips, I feel like that will eventually start to hurt the coating on them.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigmant View Post
Good to know, I'll give it a try on the finish. Although I don't know if I want to put oil on the grips, I feel like that will eventually start to hurt the coating on them.

It's not supposed to. Says right on the can it's good for wood and leather. You should see how it made my grandpa's 60 year-old 300 savage come alive. I just wipe my hands over the wood while I'm cleaning the rest with Ballistol, then wipe it off. You tend to get it all over your hands anyway (it's safe). It goes on like oil, but doesn't feel slippery or too grippy in any way. Interesting stuff. It really makes the black look more black and the wood colors pop out at you. As for internals and such, Ballistol works best if you put it on and then let it sit for a few minutes or longer. I just spray-down the worst stuff first, then clean on the other stuff. That will get the job done. For heavy cleaning of a barrel, you probably want to let it sit in the stuff for hours, or use something more heavy-duty like a foaming bore cleaner. Ballistol will work by itself, I have heard, but I put 4 tiny dots of Tetragrease on the slide and areas that get friction, then lightly rub that in with a q-tip or my finger to cover the area with a very thin coat.

Works well for removing stuff like cosmoline on a new gun, too.

Last edited by baccusboy; 07-16-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Old 07-16-2012, 03:04 PM

Cant you guys stop posting in this thread, that 1911 is the best looking gun i've ever seen and it gets me jealous :P
Old 07-18-2012, 02:09 PM

Nice looking pistol. I have one like the second one pictured in bi tone. Also fitted with the CT laser grips. Wondered why you swapped out the thumb and grip safety with Wilson Combat ? Are they that much better ? I did purchase 4 Chip McCormack power + mags as everyone seems to think that the s&w factory mags are not quite as reliable as they should be.

S&W 1911Esc
Para 14-45 Limited
Springfield XD 9mm
Browing Buckmark Camper 22lr
Dan Wesson 357 revolver 6"

Last edited by bizjet5; 07-18-2012 at 02:27 PM.
Old 07-18-2012, 08:09 PM

i had the front active switch on my sig, but i had to change my grip to hit the switch, if i bought crimson trace again, it would be the ones with the side active switch.

nice looking smith. I love mine
Old 07-18-2012, 08:39 PM

Here are mine. My little 1911 collection.Click image for larger version

Name:	1911a.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	97.0 KB
ID:	84438 3 Smiths and a SA TRP.
Old 07-18-2012, 10:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baccusboy View Post
It's not supposed to. Says right on the can it's good for wood and leather. You should see how it made my grandpa's 60 year-old 300 savage come alive. I just wipe my hands over the wood while I'm cleaning the rest with Ballistol, then wipe it off. You tend to get it all over your hands anyway (it's safe). It goes on like oil, but doesn't feel slippery or too grippy in any way. Interesting stuff. It really makes the black look more black and the wood colors pop out at you. As for internals and such, Ballistol works best if you put it on and then let it sit for a few minutes or longer. I just spray-down the worst stuff first, then clean on the other stuff. That will get the job done. For heavy cleaning of a barrel, you probably want to let it sit in the stuff for hours, or use something more heavy-duty like a foaming bore cleaner. Ballistol will work by itself, I have heard, but I put 4 tiny dots of Tetragrease on the slide and areas that get friction, then lightly rub that in with a q-tip or my finger to cover the area with a very thin coat.

Works well for removing stuff like cosmoline on a new gun, too.

What HE said.

"I've been up early my whole life, and all that ever did was increase the amount of time during the day something could go wrong." ~ Inspector O